PDA

View Full Version : I put odds at 50/50 that Florida comes after Mullen if he beats TSUN on Thanksgiving.

Bear@Work
11-23-2013, 05:30 PM
Think about it, EVERYONE will be watching that game.

All this time we were thinking that if we kept winning we wouldn't be able to get Hud since we couldn't let Mullen go, but this could be a blessing in disguise. If we win Thursday, Foley comes after Mullen and that opens a spot for the golden child. I CANNOT WAIT.

SignalToNoise
11-23-2013, 05:31 PM
Why would Florida come after Mullen?

BogeyGolfer
11-23-2013, 05:32 PM
The country... You are crazy if you think they want Mullen.

Bear@Work
11-23-2013, 05:33 PM
We may have our qualms about him, but he is ANTI Will Muschamp. And that's what they'll be looking for. Florida recruits itself so it doesn't matter that Mullen is a weak recruiter. Think on it, they are used to a high powered offense and that's what Mullen can bring back to the table. They have been miserable during the Muschamp years with a "Defense First" type team.

Quaoarsking
11-23-2013, 05:33 PM
I imagine most Florida fans wish they'd hired Mullen over Muschamp, (in addition to pretty much every other potential coach).

They may give Mullen a courtesy call, but I highly doubt he gets an interview, much less an offer. There's just so many more coaches out there and Florida can hire just about anyone. Charlie Strong would be their pick if they wanted to bring back the Meyer days, I would imagine.

Quaoarsking
11-23-2013, 05:35 PM
Hell, if they want the Meyer offense back, call Urban Meyer. They should be able to pay enough to get him to come back.

Will James
11-23-2013, 05:36 PM
Why would Florida come after Mullen?

Exactly

ShotgunDawg
11-23-2013, 05:38 PM
Florida needs to go after Freeze, Franklin, Shaw, Sark, or Dabo

Dawgface
11-23-2013, 05:40 PM
Mullen would be last on their list.

bully99
11-23-2013, 05:43 PM
Bear at work..you need to be Bear in Institution.

ckDOG
11-23-2013, 05:45 PM
If the interwebz are to be a trusted source, Foley hates Mullen. Soooo...No.

Bear@Work
11-23-2013, 05:46 PM
Maybe I'm just looking for a way out, then. Any chance they can poach him as an OC?

scottycameron
11-23-2013, 05:49 PM
I brought this up a few weeks ago on here. SAt first you laugh at it, but if you think on it a while it does make sense. Mullen beat UF (and UF with meyer not muschamp). He was part of the championship teams. He's recruited there. He has 5 years of SEC HC experience and has been very successful (as far as they and most other folks outside of MSU know anyway).

Keep in mind, the people at UF doing the hiring don't read our boards, so they don't know how shitty he is, LOL.

The more you think about it the more sense it would make.

Madkinmecrazy
11-23-2013, 06:39 PM

All this time we were thinking that if we kept winning we wouldn't be able to get Hud since we couldn't let Mullen go, but this could be a blessing in disguise. If we win Thursday, Foley comes after Mullen and that opens a spot for the golden child. I CANNOT WAIT.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Florida doesn't hire HCs that are struggling to make a bowl game.

I'm as pro-Mullen as anyone, but that doesn't mean I'm stupid enough to think that one of the historically elite programs is going to poach him from us after a year like this.

This offseason, I don't think we have to worry about Mullen getting stolen from us.

CadaverDawg
11-23-2013, 06:43 PM

One can only hope so, Jack

Jdawg
11-23-2013, 06:45 PM
I'd like to see them take Malzahn out of the West. Auburn is going to be really good and soon...