PDA

View Full Version : I'm one of the posters that thinks Mullen should be let go in favor of Hud, BUT....

HoopsDawg
11-23-2013, 05:26 PM
I think Nickoe saved his job today. Stricklin doesn't want to deal with the buyout or the coaching search, and he seems pretty steadfast with his support.

I expect Ole Miss to win by double digits, but even then Mullen and our AD can point to the fact that we had to start our 3rd string QB. So the built in excuse is there.

Then looking toward next the combo of Dak and J-Rob should be formidable. It looks like we are stuck with Mullen for at least 2 more years so I'm going to stop wasting my energy.

Will James
11-23-2013, 05:34 PM
I think Nickoe saved his job today. Stricklin doesn't want to deal with the buyout or the coaching search, and he seems pretty steadfast with his support.

I expect Ole Miss to win by double digits, but even then Mullen and our AD can point to the fact that we had to start our 3rd string QB. So the built in excuse is there.

Then looking toward next the combo of Dak and J-Rob should be formidable. It looks like we are stuck with Mullen for at least 2 more years so I'm going to stop wasting my energy.

Agreed especially with the bolded portion. We'll still make the same mistakes, just have to hope for 6 and a bowl while being frustrated at not maximizing our potential rather than 8-10 while producing a badass product.

ShotgunDawg
11-23-2013, 05:34 PM

Very good post Hoops. I give you credit for realizing the reality of the situation following today.

That being said, following the Egg Bowl, I will be and I hope others follow, to put pressure on Mullen to change some things and rethink some of the things we do.

At this point, that is far more productive than calling for him to be fired.

Coach34
11-23-2013, 05:41 PM
An inquiry was made about the buyout awhile back- the money isn't there because enough guys aren't on board to make a change

Mullen will be back unless he decides to take another job

Will James
11-23-2013, 05:45 PM
An inquiry was made about the buyout awhile back- the money isn't there because enough guys aren't on board to make a change

We shall see

Todd4State
11-23-2013, 06:14 PM

Losing to Ole Miss has a way of getting MSU people on board.

Coach34
11-23-2013, 06:21 PM
We haven't lost yet

Todd4State
11-23-2013, 06:30 PM
I'm not saying we will lose. Just that in the event that we do, it's going to sway some of the people on Dan's side over to the buy him out side.

Ronny
11-23-2013, 06:31 PM
..you are still a Hud fan even though Mullen pulled out a historical win today in Arkansas. Thanks for that juicy tidbit.

But it's all irrelevant to you, because Ole Miss is going to beat us by double digits anyway.

Regardless of any of the outcomes, it all leaves a sour taste in your mouth because we are stuck with Mullen for 2 more years regardless.

Sarcastically I say, great post after a big win.

Please tell me you posted this after your 8th Budweiser.