PDA

View Full Version : Beef feeling salty tonight.

Leroy Jenkins
05-20-2022, 07:41 PM
At least someone still gives a shit.

Pancho
05-20-2022, 07:47 PM
It's good to see that fire in the pit of his gut.

Maroonthirteen
05-20-2022, 07:52 PM
What a performance tonight. Hats off.

Leroy Jenkins
05-20-2022, 08:06 PM
Two batters too late with the changes. All. Year. Long. That sucks for PJ.

Percho
05-20-2022, 08:07 PM
yes it do

BeardoMSU
05-20-2022, 08:08 PM
Coaches just ****ed him.

CaptainObvious
05-20-2022, 08:09 PM
I bet there is not a coach in the country that wouldn?t have made the change after the 2 out double with a 2 run lead except for the one in our dugout.

Percho
05-20-2022, 08:09 PM
You knew it was coming when the ump who has done a good job misses one, the back door ball before the double. Course the one he called on Lane was bad also.

Leroy Jenkins
05-20-2022, 08:12 PM
I bet there is not a coach in the country that wouldn?t have made the change after the 2 out double with a 3 run lead except for the one in our dugout.

Especially at 110+ pitches in a must win game. Oof.

Activated Alpha
05-20-2022, 08:16 PM
When you said salty I was kind of hoping he was beaming those orange twat-hairs with 99 mph fbs in the face

Percho
05-20-2022, 08:18 PM
I wonder if anyone has ever told LT to get one and half inch closer to the plate

CaptainObvious
05-20-2022, 08:19 PM
And there are our 1,2, 3 batters in the 8th. Crushing 2 pop ups and a ground ball into the shift. It?s like clock work. Lead after 7, Fall behind in the 8th and conceding the game.

Leroy Jenkins
05-20-2022, 08:27 PM
Kyle Clemente Hunt. Didn't know that.

msstate7
05-20-2022, 08:34 PM
I live with this loss. Way to show up and fight tonight dawgs

Cloak
05-20-2022, 08:37 PM
I live with this loss. Way to show up and fight tonight dawgs

Yup. Losing close games is about as good as we get now.***

Leroy Jenkins
05-20-2022, 08:40 PM
I was watching and asking myself if Clark had a MacNamee moment in him, to keep the season going. And then? Nope. Oh well. Hey, the last one here turn out the lights.

StarkVegasSteve
05-20-2022, 08:41 PM
I hated leaving him in but in Lemonis? defense who do you trust in that situation? I mean yea KC was good tonight and hindsight is 20/20 but he has been awful his last 3 outings. Preston had battled all damn night so I can live with it.

CaptainObvious
05-20-2022, 08:41 PM
Yup. Losing close games is about as good as we get now.***

Yeah. I guess moral victories are better than immoral losses.

CaptainObvious
05-20-2022, 08:44 PM
Well in Clark?s defense, the two guys before him tried to win it with Solo HRs, which would have been nice if they hadn?t struck out and popped out with those upper cut swings.😳

tcdog70
05-20-2022, 08:47 PM
If Lemonis gives KC a clean 8th—it would have been a move a good Coach makes. But when the dude doubles—then make the move—but 17 no. Come on Man.

StarkVegasSteve
05-20-2022, 08:56 PM
If Lemonis gives KC a clean 8th—it would have been a move a good Coach makes. But when the dude doubles—then make the move—but 17 no. Come on Man.

Problem is KC has been a shade worse than awful his last few outings so I really do not blame us for sticking with Preston there.

Coach34
05-20-2022, 09:02 PM
Only an idiot doesnt pull Johnson at 110 pitches after the double. Then after the single- even a baseball coach at an inner city school in the heart of Baltimore makes a pitching change.

But nope- not us. Lemon eats his steaks well done. Its obvious

Coach34
05-20-2022, 09:04 PM
Problem is KC has been a shade worse than awful his last few outings so I really do not blame us for sticking with Preston there.

KC fresh is always better than Presto at 110 pitches on a 93 degree heat day. Every. Single. Time

Tenn was swinging away and even the 2 outs had just missed. The first out Cumbest caught on the track. Stevie Wonder tried to call the dugout to tell Lemon he was done.

It was a little league moronic mistake to keep him in

msstate7
05-20-2022, 09:15 PM
Yeah. I guess moral victories are better than immoral losses.

Losses suck either way, but when a team quits, you have bigger problems. They competed tonight. Now let's go get some better talent

StarkVegasSteve
05-20-2022, 09:35 PM
Time to flush this season and completely move on. We will definitely have some attrition but I do not necessarily think that is a bad thing. We have to get A LOT better in the bullpen. A competent pen gives a minimum of 12 more wins this year.

Todd4State
05-20-2022, 10:31 PM
KC fresh is always better than Presto at 110 pitches on a 93 degree heat day. Every. Single. Time

Tenn was swinging away and even the 2 outs had just missed. The first out Cumbest caught on the track. Stevie Wonder tried to call the dugout to tell Lemon he was done.

As you said many of us on this board could have coached our staff to a team ERA of 6.

yjnkdawg
05-20-2022, 11:13 PM
In the Media Q&A, Lemonis said that it has been a crazy year and we have under performed. He said we have had injuries and other staff (not sure what this means) but he said he still thought we would play good enough to get in. He also said he did a poor job of having our players ready. May have been more of a carryover, from the Natty on lack of preparation from our coaches than our players.

I doubt anybody would disagree with the under performance and not having our players ready.

Todd4State
05-21-2022, 12:28 AM
In the Media Q&A, Lemonis said that it has been a crazy year and we have under performed. He said we have had injuries and other staff (not sure what this means) but he said he still thought we would play good enough to get in. He also said he did a poor job of having our players ready. May have been more of a carryover, from the Natty on lack of preparation from our coaches than our players.

I doubt anybody would disagree with the under performance and not having our players ready.

He's not going to throw anyone under the bus but pitching is about 90% of our problem right now. And I'm sure he knows it.

The most interesting quote in that press conference was about him going on the road to recruit.

Pancho
05-21-2022, 06:29 AM
Maybe he's now going to do more of his own evaluating of talent because whoever he used last year ain't cutting it.

Ranchdawg
05-21-2022, 07:30 AM
Hats off to Preston! Showed true energy and grit. And didn?t back down to those ass Tn players. I feel truly bad for Preston being left on the bump with the game on the line and 100+ pitch count. Lemonis and coaches should really be questioned for that decision. Regardless that?s been their decisions all season.

R2Dawg
05-21-2022, 08:00 AM
Hats off to Preston! Showed true energy and grit. And didn?t back down to those ass Tn players. I feel truly bad for Preston being left on the bump with the game on the line and 100+ pitch count. Lemonis and coaches should really be questioned for that decision. Regardless that?s been their decisions all season.

True. Lot of respect for Preston. He is all Dawg and an real warrior. Fact is he is our best pitcher and it ain't even close.

Yes should have pulled at 110.

Sims and Preston were the only real returning contributing pitchers from NC team and we lost Sims. Preston was the lone stud and was all year. A few others had potential and were good in spots this year but no one really stepped up and made a major move. New guys were just not ready.

This loss was like most were all year. Poor coaching and no bull pen and critical hitting when needed.

Coach34
05-21-2022, 08:26 AM
That?s what pisses me off so bad. Lemon and Fox totally ruined an outstanding effort from Presto in his last game at Dudy Noble. Absolutely ridiculous

BeardoMSU
05-21-2022, 09:00 AM
The most interesting quote in that press conference was about him going on the road to recruit.

What did he say?

maroonmania
05-21-2022, 09:41 AM
He's not going to throw anyone under the bus but pitching is about 90% of our problem right now. And I'm sure he knows it.

No doubt pitching is the primary issue but I've never seen a team that coordinates so well to achieve losses. Yes, Presto should have been pulled yesterday before he was but we've scored 5 runs in 2 games against TN which is pathetic. Our offense always does just well enough to make sure we still lose. No way we should have lost yesterday holding TN to 4 runs no matter the pitching decisions.

tcdog70
05-21-2022, 10:48 AM

He has done it all year. We are through and He still doesn’t know who his centerfielder is. We can go back game after game and see non-moves that most little league coaches make.

tcdog70
05-21-2022, 10:55 AM
Another problem Lemonis has had is getting RISP home. yesterday as an example. Clark on second no outs. 3 straight Ks. How big was that run? With 2 bunts we could have had another run. No pressure on the defense by striking out.

StarkVegasSteve
05-21-2022, 11:14 AM
Another problem Lemonis has had is getting RISP home. yesterday as an example. Clark on second no outs. 3 straight Ks. How big was that run? With 2 bunts we could have had another run. No pressure on the defense by striking out.

Something interesting I observed yesterday when Tennessee was taking BP. After they take their cuts in the cage each one of them goes behind the cage and practicing bunting for about 4-5 pitches. I think just the ability for any of our guys to bunt leads to 3-4 more wins this year.

NCDawg
05-21-2022, 12:43 PM

He said he had Cade Smith warming up in the bullpen. Should have brought him in when Preston got up to the 100+ pitch count.

OLJWales
05-21-2022, 02:46 PM
When you said salty I was kind of hoping he was beaming those orange twat-hairs with 99 mph fbs in the face

Excellent.

maroonmania
05-21-2022, 03:32 PM
He said he had Cade Smith warming up in the bullpen. Should have brought him in when Preston got up to the 100+ pitch count.

Speaking of Cade Smith, per the SPS board, it sounds like he was injured today? I hope not but boy, if so, this season has truly been a disaster of epic proportions.