PDA

View Full Version : And it begins... 3 rs players enter the portal for Baseball

ScoobaDawg
05-20-2022, 04:02 PM
https://twitter.com/byers_jv/status/1527744075352494081

CaptainObvious
05-20-2022, 04:19 PM
Addition by subtraction! Either they were worse than what we had or they like many players this year were misused by the coaching staff and should have been playing.

I suspect we will have more new faces than old faces on the squad this coming fall. Open tryouts for anyone over the age of 16 who can hit a breaking ball or throw over 90 on the gun starts Monday.

Ranchdawg
05-20-2022, 04:40 PM
This is very disturbing to me. But I guess I?d better get used to it in this new world of college sports. I don?t like it!

Leeshouldveflanked
05-20-2022, 04:50 PM
I said earlier in the season it was stupid to redshirt baseball players unless they are injured. If they are not ready to contribute in these NIL times you are just wasting a roster spot.

R2Dawg
05-20-2022, 04:54 PM
Either they see big changes coming that they will not be a part of or they don't want to be part of this mess.

Tripp McNeely
05-20-2022, 04:58 PM
Either they see big changes coming that they will not be a part of or they don't want to be part of this mess.

It's the former

Maroonthirteen
05-20-2022, 06:37 PM
It's the former

I can't speak for 2 but one of them.... it is better to find another opportunity to have any shot at PT.

Cowbell
05-20-2022, 10:36 PM
I said earlier in the season it was stupid to redshirt baseball players unless they are injured. If they are not ready to contribute in these NIL times you are just wasting a roster spot.

This is correct. This a new roster every year game now. It might mean some coaches that were previously successful will no longer be and vice versa.

Todd4State
05-21-2022, 12:19 AM
Bane is the only surprise to me and that's only because he's a legacy and having an extra catcher isn't the worst thing to have.

Cowbell
05-21-2022, 05:41 AM
Bane is the only surprise to me and that's only because he's a legacy and having an extra catcher isn't the worst thing to have.

Hopefully this means Hancock is returning

Leeshouldveflanked
05-21-2022, 07:02 AM
Like Jans said you dont build a program you build a team every year with this new NIL. I think it?s going to hurt a lot of kids coming out of High School regardless of sport. We need to be like the ?Alabama? of baseball and if we see a player or another team we like we go get them.

Todd4State
05-21-2022, 07:58 AM

Maybe. I think we may have to get another catcher either out of the portal or a JUCO like Kace Garner a couple of years ago just for depth purposes.

Homedawg
05-21-2022, 08:11 AM
Addition by subtraction! Either they were worse than what we had or they like many players this year were misused by the coaching staff and should have been playing.

I suspect we will have more new faces than old faces on the squad this coming fall. Open tryouts for anyone over the age of 16 who can hit a breaking ball or throw over 90 on the gun starts Monday.
Clearly you just want to complain if you think those three should have been playing....there will be more

Homedawg
05-21-2022, 08:16 AM

They want him to, but, if not, we will have to find one in the portal.

CaptainObvious
05-21-2022, 08:26 AM
Clearly you just want to complain if you think those three should have been playing....there will be more

Isn?t that what we are doing here? Complaining about poor evaluations in the recruiting process.

How many of those Tennessee players turned State down to go to a fledgling program while State was going to Omaha 3 straight years and 5 straight Super Regionals? We?re they even targeted by State?s staff?

Cooterpoot
05-21-2022, 09:29 AM
We've signed too many guys that weren't good enough. Our talent eval has been trash and some heads got to roll for it. Too many developmental guys and guys we had no business taking. Lazy assed recruiting and HC turnover hurt.

confucius say
05-21-2022, 09:54 AM
Baseball recruiting, at least pre NIL, has a 3-4 year delay. 4 coaches in 4 years, ending in 2019, was going to be an issue eventually.

I suspect we will see a much more talented influx of players going forward.

Homedawg
05-21-2022, 01:10 PM
Baseball recruiting, at least pre NIL, has a 3-4 year delay. 4 coaches in 4 years, ending in 2019, was going to be an issue eventually.

Yep

AlSwearengen
05-21-2022, 02:07 PM

To the recruiting side of this situation, several here have talked for at least a couple of years about this being an issue that would rear it?s ugly head at some point. Now that it has hit us, we have a lot of people wondering what the hell happened. It is similar to a presidential candidate telling you that he is going to cut drilling, does, and then everyone is surprised when gas prices go up.

Now, we can argue about the transfer portal and how is could have been used differently, but that is another argument.

OLJWales
05-21-2022, 02:38 PM

I missed Captain's Complaint.

Offshore Dawg
05-21-2022, 03:07 PM
Like Jans said you dont build a program you build a team every year with this new NIL. I think it?s going to hurt a lot of kids coming out of High School regardless of sport. We need to be like the ?Alabama? of baseball and if we see a player or another team we like we go get them.

Funny that you are saying that. Where is all this NIL money coming from ??

Leeshouldveflanked
05-21-2022, 03:21 PM
We better raise some quick.

Pancho
05-21-2022, 04:10 PM

He has zero idea

Bothrops
05-21-2022, 05:28 PM
Bring on baseball season.

Leeshouldveflanked
05-21-2022, 05:55 PM
He has zero idea
Neither does Cohen.

Pancho
05-21-2022, 07:58 PM
I don't know why you dislike Cohen so much man. I saw where your high school team made another good run this year. Congrats

confucius say
05-21-2022, 08:40 PM
Neither does Cohen.

I sure hope not. We'd be screwed if he is involved directly.

But he is aware of the 7 figures we have pledged.

TNDawg35
05-21-2022, 08:41 PM

People don?t seem to understand this at all. You can?t say this enough?