PDA

View Full Version : Something Fun - A uniquely wonderful Sports Moment from yesterday

The Federalist Engineer
05-20-2022, 08:50 AM
Link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsQqqDI9f_E

Context:

(1) Everton is a storied but not super successful team in the English Premier League
(2) Before the game, they are in danger of "relegation", happens if you finish in the bottom 3 places in the league
(3) If that happens, they are Out of the Premier League, like an SEC team ejected from the family.
(4) They go to the Championship League, like going from the SEC to the Sun Belt
(5) That can destroy a club. Bankruptcy, fire-sale of players, loss of revenue, loss of fans - basically terrifying Oblivion

But see what happens, forward to 11:45 - Incredible video, watch to the end.

ScoobaDawg
05-20-2022, 10:13 AM
I would say watch the whole thing... even as a casual soccer fan I know that getting down the deficit of 2-0 can be the end of the game in Soccer. So as the game turned at the 1st score for Everton you could sense the momentum building up. Seeing the fans rush the pitch after the 3rd goal was just crazy but you can sense how much it meant to everyone there.

EPL is some fun stuff to watch. I sure don't have time to dedicate and be a true fan but I enjoy from time to time..

parabrave
05-20-2022, 11:00 AM
Hey Scooba I just want to thank you from Not doing BYA for Basesball, cause I would've lost my ass

ScoobaDawg
05-20-2022, 11:24 AM
You are welcome. I'm staying really busy trying to study for certs and trying to make some big changes in life. I might let someone else do it this fall instead now that I figured out how to.

parabrave
05-20-2022, 02:57 PM
You are welcome. I'm staying really busy trying to study for certs and trying to make some big changes in life. I might let someone else do it this fall instead now that I figured out how to.

Didn't Quarsing want to do it?

coachnorm
05-21-2022, 11:07 AM
Link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsQqqDI9f_E

Context:

(1) Everton is a storied but not super successful team in the English Premier League
(2) Before the game, they are in danger of "relegation", happens if you finish in the bottom 3 places in the league
(3) If that happens, they are Out of the Premier League, like an SEC team ejected from the family.
(4) They go to the Championship League, like going from the SEC to the Sun Belt
(5) That can destroy a club. Bankruptcy, fire-sale of players, loss of revenue, loss of fans - basically terrifying Oblivion

But see what happens, forward to 11:45 - Incredible video, watch to the end.

Those Liverpudlians are an incredible lot. I am a Liverpool fan but on on this occasion, my heart exploded with joy for the other team in city. YNWA