PDA

View Full Version : Last series of the year and no game thread...

Leroy Jenkins
05-19-2022, 06:10 PM
Woof

starkvegasdawg
05-19-2022, 06:12 PM
Because so far it's been like feeding Christians to the lions in the Coliseum.

Leeshouldveflanked
05-19-2022, 06:14 PM
Tennessee isn?t watching strikes, they knocking the crap out of them.

KOdawg1
05-19-2022, 06:17 PM
I think most sane fans are just ready for this shit show to be over.

Maroonthirteen
05-19-2022, 06:17 PM
My thoughts on this game....

F the cheddar cheese

HoopsDawg
05-19-2022, 06:22 PM
Brandon may want to consider working down in the zone and throwing some curves.

Bothrops
05-19-2022, 06:25 PM
We're getting our Arabian goggles this weekend.

msstate7
05-19-2022, 06:50 PM
Please just throw in the towel

Mjoelner34
05-19-2022, 06:56 PM
1st walk for Dollander since April 2nd. Take that Tennessee!!!!!

Cooterpoot
05-19-2022, 07:23 PM
When's the run rule come into effect?

Leeshouldveflanked
05-19-2022, 07:25 PM
When's the run rule come into effect?
It has to be agreed on before the game.

BeardoMSU
05-19-2022, 07:26 PM
I didn't realize the FCC allowed graphic full penetration on basic cable....

StarkVegasSteve
05-19-2022, 07:28 PM
This is an absolute embarrassment. Our coaches and players should be ashamed to wear the M over S and let this s*** happen.

Lemonis and Co. have now officially used up all the goodwill. Hey Chris, YOU ARE ON THE 17 CLOCK. GET THIS FIXED.

Maroonthirteen
05-19-2022, 07:31 PM
This is an absolute embarrassment. Our coaches and players should be ashamed to wear the M over S and let this s*** happen.

Lemonis and Co. have now officially used up all the goodwill. Hey Chris, YOU ARE ON THE 17 CLOCK. GET THIS FIXED.

Absolutely ridiculous. Total embarrassment.

Maroonthirteen
05-19-2022, 07:38 PM
Nevermind. Point less

Parker Street
05-19-2022, 07:43 PM
In the last 13 innings played, Tennessee has hit 10 Home Runs.

CaptainObvious
05-19-2022, 07:45 PM
In 3 years, Tennessee has built the best Baseball team in the SEC. Let?s see if they go 26-30 next year. Hmmm

StarkVegasSteve
05-19-2022, 07:46 PM
Anyone think Link Jarrett would come save this mess?

BeardoMSU
05-19-2022, 07:47 PM
Welp, good luck sitting down without pain tomorrow team.

Maroonthirteen
05-19-2022, 07:53 PM
People talking about the hitting coach.... State needs to examine the pitching coach. (I'm aware of the top assistant award)From MacLeod and Fristoe falling apart last year to the 2022 pitching staff, absolutely falling apart as a whole.

Fristoe isn't any better after a year into the program. Pitchers quitting. You have dudes throwing 90-95 and getting tattooed by opponents. So it isn't like they lack velo. There is a problem with development of the pitchers. No way they should be this bad. None.

starkvegasdawg
05-19-2022, 07:55 PM
I hope they bought us dinner first before they bent us over and went in dry.

ScoobaDawg
05-19-2022, 08:05 PM
Get a damn hit. thats all i care about at this point.

ScoobaDawg
05-19-2022, 08:05 PM
and try to keep it under 20... sh!t...

BeardoMSU
05-19-2022, 08:06 PM
I hope they bought us dinner first before they bent us over and went in dry.

This is not consensual.

Mjoelner34
05-19-2022, 08:08 PM
This is not consensual.

If the staff or player evaluations don't change over the summer, next year will be considered consensual.

msstate7
05-19-2022, 08:12 PM
Vitello took over Tenn 5 years ago. Tenn hadn't been to a regional in 14 years. He's now sec champs and has back-to-back 50 win seasons. Someone didn't tell him you need 6 seasons to get your guys in school. Maybe it's easier to recruit to Tenn?

Vitello has a better winning % at Tenn than lemonis does here

Mjoelner34
05-19-2022, 08:13 PM
Polk II didn't look this bad!

msstate7
05-19-2022, 08:22 PM
20-0, and we don't have a hit.

Leeshouldveflanked
05-19-2022, 08:23 PM
This is worse than any beat down Saban has put on MSU Football.

Randolph Dupree
05-19-2022, 08:24 PM
I don't see how Foxhall survives this. I'd fire his ass tomorrow just to make a statement.

R2Dawg
05-19-2022, 08:24 PM
Wow, I just now got in and turned on. 0-21. I didn't expect to win but not this.

We went from the NC and best team in baseball to the worst team in school history in less than 12 months. Just wow. Ed O and LSU baseball style.

Mjoelner34
05-19-2022, 08:25 PM
Foxhall finds pitchers like Croom found receivers.

Tater
05-19-2022, 08:25 PM
Vitello took over Tenn 5 years ago. Tenn hadn't been to a regional in 14 years. He's now sec champs and has back-to-back 50 win seasons. Someone didn't tell him you need 6 seasons to get your guys in school. Maybe it's easier to recruit to Tenn?

Vitello has a better winning % at Tenn than lemonis does here

In 3 full seasons, Lemonis has 2 Omaha appearances and a National championship.

In 3 full seasons, Vitello has 1 Omaha appearance and is going to host a regional so far in his 4th.

It's really a joke to compare the two until Vitello wins it all. This board really needs to lay off the crazy pills. Calling for a coach's head for one year with Mets level injury luck in the pitching rotation. Hilarious.

R2Dawg
05-19-2022, 08:26 PM
Can Lemo just give up and call the game at this point? They are going to score 30+

CadaverDawg
05-19-2022, 08:26 PM
This is unacceptable. Embarrassing and totally unacceptable. A year removed from a Title?? I'm sorry but I don't give a shit who got hurt and any other excuses...this shit is not ok. Lemonis is officially on the clock. Some of you f'ers bashed me for saying that last week....well we're down in our own stadium 20-0 and being no-hit....he's on the damn clock.

Mjoelner34
05-19-2022, 08:28 PM

In 3 full seasons, Vitello has 1 Omaha appearance and is going to host a regional so far in his 4th.

It's really a joke to compare the two until Vitello wins it all. This board really needs to lay off the crazy pills. Calling for a coach's head for one year with Mets level injury luck in the pitching rotation. Hilarious.

Without the injuries, this happens tomorrow instead of tonight.

Coach34
05-19-2022, 08:29 PM

Vitello took over an inferior program and has built it into a strong one now

Lemon inherited some dudes, won a title, and now that his guys are more prevalent in the program- we are seeing the results.

Dont twist the actual story.

msstate7
05-19-2022, 08:30 PM

So they started at even points? Again, Tenn hadn't been in a regional in 14 years when Vitello was hired. State had been to 2 straight super regionals when lemonis was hired. Lemonis did an amazing job last year, and he's been horrible this year.

StarkVegasSteve
05-19-2022, 08:32 PM
Foxhall will be fired after this. Tonight cost him his job.

msstate7
05-19-2022, 08:34 PM

I'm fine with any coach, player, or diamond girl being gone at this point.

msudawg1200
05-19-2022, 08:35 PM
I'd bunt every batter just to piss off Vitello

HoopsDawg
05-19-2022, 08:35 PM
0 hits with 6 starters from the national champioship on the field + Yeager and Hines.

Allen and Rowdy must be the 2 best hitters on the planet.

This is an absolute joke. Saban wins a natty and is calling recruits from the post game locker room. Our staff went to sleep. You can't just offer guys who get rated a 9 or better at a showcase. You have to get off your ass and go see kids play.

msudawg1200
05-19-2022, 08:37 PM

No it didn't

CJDAWG85
05-19-2022, 08:37 PM
Lemonis is the Coach O of college baseball. This is a ****ing joke.

Mjoelner34
05-19-2022, 08:38 PM
Did UT just have a defensive strategy meeting on the mound up 21-0? LOL

ScoobaDawg
05-19-2022, 08:39 PM
thanks Tanner...and hines.. no no gone and shutout gone.

Coach34
05-19-2022, 08:39 PM

Lemon and Fox go way back. I'll be shocked if he doesnt get another year

Tater
05-19-2022, 08:40 PM
One has a natty. One doesn't. End of story. I don't care what Lemonis inherited. There were 0 National Championships at anything before he got here.

Spoiled ****ing idiots I tell ya.

You get minimum 2 year grace period post championship. Y'all need to get a different hobby if you're this upset post championship. It's a bad year and we've been due a bad year living on a lot of borrowed luck along with good timing.

Y' all probably would have fired Pat Casey in 08.

CadaverDawg
05-19-2022, 08:41 PM
0 hits with 6 starters from the national champioship on the field + Yeager and Hines.

This is an absolute joke. Saban wins a natty and is calling recruits from the post game locker room. Our staff went to sleep. You can't just offer guys who get rated a 9 or better at a showcase. You have to get off your ass and go see kids play.

Yep. Lemonis may just be Gene Chizik.... Ed Orgeron. MSU baseball doesn't fold like a cheap tent and quit when they have a hand full of injuries. That is a reflection of the coach/coaches. And this is so typical of MSU...finally win a damn title and then go first to worst and the laughing stock of the country the next season. The dead injuns will never let us forget what we sacrificed for that Title

Leeshouldveflanked
05-19-2022, 08:43 PM
Tanner runs through the stop sign and gets thrown out by a mile.

Tater
05-19-2022, 08:44 PM
Yep. Lemonis may just be Gene Chizik.... Ed Orgeron. MSU baseball doesn't fold like a cheap tent and quit when they have a hand full of injuries. That is a reflection of the coach/coaches. And this is so typical of MSU...finally win a damn title and then go first to worst and the laughing stock of the country the next season. The dead injuns will never let us forget what we sacrificed for that Title

So typical of MSU.

Do a thing never done before in school history. Typical us tee hee.

Lmao get a grip

msstate7
05-19-2022, 08:44 PM
One has a natty. One doesn't. End of story. I don't care what Lemonis inherited. There were 0 National Championships at anything before he got here.

Spoiled ****ing idiots I tell ya.

You get minimum 2 year grace period post championship. Y'all need to get a different hobby if you're this upset post championship. It's a bad year and we've been due a bad year living on a lot of borrowed luck along with good timing.

Y' all probably would have fired Pat Casey in 08.

Chizik, O, and Larry Coker won a natty

HoopsDawg
05-19-2022, 08:45 PM
Tanner runs through the stop sign and gets thrown out by a mile.

that was ridiculous. Tanner is ready for the draft and ready for this season to be over. I don't blame him.

Coach34
One has a natty. One doesn't. End of story. .

Orgeron has a Natty
Leach doesnt

Orgeron is so much better than Leach huh?

Mjoelner34
Bout time to pinch hit Siebert.

ScoobaDawg
Come on Davis.... knock it out

Coach34
05-19-2022, 08:46 PM
Chizik has a Natty

Leach doesnt

Chizik is so much better than Leach huh?

HoopsDawg
Chizik, O, and Larry Coker won a natty

Larry Coker won a natty, haha. I guess you could throw Steve Fisher into that category.

Dawg2003
I can't stand looking at this guy behind home plate in a pumpkin orange Vols shirt.

IMissJack
05-19-2022, 08:48 PM
Whoever is in charge in Starkville needs to find us an AD that can play the game in college athletics now, or we are toast in every sport.

ScoobaDawg
05-19-2022, 08:50 PM
and he k's....

The Federalist Engineer
05-19-2022, 08:50 PM
This score line is catharsis- now Lemonis can release 80 to 90% of this team after game 3. Worse in the SEC, no sign of being better, and MSU is not a SWAC team

But also catharsis for us- Lemonis is an employee again

msstate7
05-19-2022, 08:52 PM
And for the record, I wouldn't fire lemonis. I wouldn't make him make any staff changes. If he's a legit coach, we will see improvement next year

Tater
Orgeron has a Natty
Leach doesnt

Orgeron is so much better than Leach huh?

So YOU'RE taking up for Leach?

Yeaaaaa now I know I'm right. GG. The board can't deny when I've got you trying to argue for Leach.

Dawg2003

Rowdey and TA are very good hitters, but they are also self-motivated players that could coach themselves. They also would not allow the team to lose. Lemonis inherited several players like that.

Coach34
05-19-2022, 08:53 PM
Larry Coker won a natty, haha. I guess you could throw Steve Fisher into that category.

Coker was good enough to win 2 wasnt he? Recruiting? Not so much

Tater
05-19-2022, 08:54 PM
And for the record, I wouldn't fire lemonis. I wouldn't make him make any staff changes. If he's a legit coach, we will see improvement next year

Reasonable.

If this happens again next year, staff changes. If it happens, year 3, he gone. It's simple.

Will we need to go that route? I doubt it. But no use in crying over spilled milk today.

Coach34
05-19-2022, 08:55 PM
So YOU'RE taking up for Leach?

Yeaaaaa now I know I'm right. GG. The board can't deny when I've got you trying to argue for Leach.

I just posed a question to you to figure out your stance. Let us know where you stand

CJDAWG85
05-19-2022, 08:57 PM
**** Lemonis? this isn?t about injuries or losing players anymore? this is about getting your players to fight and he has let this go to absolute shit

Tater
05-19-2022, 09:02 PM
I just posed a question to you to figure out your stance. Let us know where you stand

Gene Chizik definitely hired a better offensive coordinator than Mike Leach.

But this isn't a valid comparison because Leach has a track record beyond his MSU stint. Vitello only has the one head coaching job.

A more apt comparison is Chizik versus Brian Kelly at Notre Dame. I take Chizik's tenure every time.

Leeshouldveflanked
05-19-2022, 09:03 PM
Whoever is in charge in Starkville needs to find us an AD that can play the game in college athletics now, or we are toast in every sport.
^^^^^^First Change that needs to happen^^^^^^

StarkVegasSteve
05-19-2022, 09:04 PM

Then we need to can both of them along with Jake. 23-1 is unacceptable on any and all levels. PERIOD. END OF DISCUSSION.

HoopsDawg
05-19-2022, 09:06 PM

If he's a legit, real deal coach, he will have us in the tournament next year.

He better be thankful that Notre Dame forgot how to play defense in the Super or Cohen would be looking for a new coach.

WSOPdawg
^^^^^^First Change that needs to happen^^^^^^

Couldn't agree more.

StarkVegasSteve
Reasonable.

If this happens again next year, staff changes. If it happens, year 3, he gone. It's simple.

Will we need to go that route? I doubt it. But no use in crying over spilled milk today.

If this happens again next year than Lemonis is gone. You are paying him 1.5 mil for this pile of dog s***. Absolutely 17 ridiculous that he has let what Cohen and Cann built sour this fast.

ScoobaDawg
05-19-2022, 09:07 PM
Then we need to can both of them along with Jake. 23-1 is unacceptable on any and all levels. PERIOD. END OF DISCUSSION.

anyone suggesting to fire Lemon seriously needs to step away from the keyboard. the season is over. it doesn't matter the score...
It's going to take a massive rebuilding effort... let's just get these next 2 @ss whippings over with.

sandjunky
05-19-2022, 09:10 PM
If this happens again next year than Lemonis is gone. You are paying him 1.5 mil for this pile of dog s***. Absolutely 17 ridiculous that he has let what Cohen and Cann built sour this fast.

This all 17ing day

Coach34
05-19-2022, 09:12 PM
But this isn't a valid comparison because Leach has a track record beyond his MSU stint. Vitello only has the one head coaching job.

We arent comparing Vitello to Leach. Its more of a Leach vs Lemon by your standards. Vitello vs Lemon is a very valid comparison. They just started at different places.

Lemon took over a program that was in the CWS and had talent. He certainly maximized what he inherited. What he has added since is awful.
Vitello took over a program that hadnt been to the CWS in 20 years and fired their coach for losing. He looks to be building a monster.

StarkVegasSteve
05-19-2022, 09:15 PM
anyone suggesting to fire Lemon seriously needs to step away from the keyboard. the season is over. it doesn't matter the score...
It's going to take a massive rebuilding effort... let's just get these next 2 @ss whippings over with.

And that is the problem. Because people give this staff a free pass on this season. You are happy bragging on Twitter instead of saying good job now let?s go get another. I am absolutely sick of that s***. I hated us parading that team around everywhere and giving everyone a chance to blow them and tell them how great they were. Congrats you won one. Real champions care about the next. RANT OVER.

LC Dawg
05-19-2022, 09:18 PM
I know it always comes back to coaching but this is also about players not having enough give a **** and pride to not get ass raped at home in the best stadium and in front of the best fans in college baseball.

StarkVegasSteve
05-19-2022, 09:22 PM
I know it always comes back to coaching but this is also about players not having enough give a **** and pride to not get ass raped at home in the best stadium and in front of the best fans in college baseball.

They are about to see how fast ?the best fans in college baseball? turn on them. And I will not feel one bit sorry for them. Welcome to big time baseball. You want to play at the next level. Get used to it.

ScoobaDawg
05-19-2022, 09:23 PM
And that is the problem. Because people give this staff a free pass on this season. You are happy bragging on Twitter instead of saying good job now let?s go get another. I am absolutely sick of that s***. I hated us parading that team around everywhere and giving everyone a chance to blow them and tell them how great they were. Congrats you won one. Real champions care about the next. RANT OVER.

Winning a natty for the first time in school history.. I'm willing to give a one year free pass. Seems a lot of people are jumping on this bullsh!t train that Lemon can't coach.... after many proclaimed how great he did coach in the last 2 months of the season to get us to that final win.
Look you are pissed off. We lost a sh!tload of pitching this year. Our bats have in general been good but not good enough to overcome the choke jobs of our pitching staff.
You act like we are getting our butts kicked by Cleveland State for the Grandpas... UT is #1 in the nation for a reason.. as sickening as it is with that punk of a HC.

Seriously take the next two days off watching the games.. its not gonna turn out favorable for you to watch..

ScoobaDawg
05-19-2022, 09:24 PM
They are about to see how fast ?the best fans in college baseball? turn on them. And I will not feel one bit sorry for them. Welcome to big time baseball. You want to play at the next level. Get used to it.

Yeeea cause internet tough guys ragging on players on here or twitter is really gonna teach them a lesson.....

R2Dawg
05-19-2022, 09:29 PM
So for those that think this year and game are OK.

Imagine UGA has a losing season this year and gets beat at home by Clemson by 67-3. That is the equivalent of what has happened this year and tonight.

Think about that for a minute of how bad that is. It is 27-2.

StarkVegasSteve
05-19-2022, 09:30 PM
Yeeea cause internet tough guys ragging on players on here or twitter is really gonna teach them a lesson.....

Oh I was not talking about internet tough guys. There is a part of me that hopes they are booed out of the stadium. OUR COACHES deserve it. I know it is crappy and sh**** but tonight is an absolute embarrassment. Lemonis needs to publicly apologize to the fanbase and honestly maybe refund everyones ticket out of his pocket. Is that extreme? Yes. However getting beat 27-2 is pretty extreme.

R2Dawg
05-19-2022, 09:30 PM
Wow look at that great stadium empty on national TV. Celebrate that NC at home Bulldogs!!

R2Dawg
05-19-2022, 09:32 PM
UT is good but this game is way more about MSU bad.

R2Dawg
05-19-2022, 09:33 PM
We are in a rebuild after a NC, not a reload at this point.

HoopsDawg
05-19-2022, 09:34 PM
We are in a rebuild after a NC, not a reload at this point.

It's a complete rebuild. Just an awful job by Foxhall this year. Awful.

Schultzy
05-19-2022, 09:38 PM
It’s gon be fun watching them get bounced. Expanding the lead on a down team is different than getting it done.

BeardoMSU
05-19-2022, 09:41 PM
So for those that think this year and game are OK.

Imagine UGA has a losing season this year and gets beat at home by Clemson by 67-3. That is the equivalent of what has happened this year and tonight.

Think about that for a minute of how bad that is. It is 27-2.

Our Baseball program is not close to Georgia football. This sucks, but don't talk crazy.

Coach34
05-19-2022, 09:43 PM
It?s gon be fun watching them get bounced. Expanding the lead on a down team is different than getting it done.

Its gone be more fun when they win it all and I get my $600 for getting on them in early April

R2Dawg
It’s gon be fun watching them get bounced. Expanding the lead on a down team is different than getting it done.

You talking about UT? I don't think they win a NC this year. Not sure where they fall but a so so UK team beat them recently. UT is not unbeatable.

Leeshouldveflanked
It's a complete rebuild. Just an awful job by Foxhall this year. Awful.

How does a SEC team have this many bad pitchers?

R2Dawg
05-19-2022, 09:46 PM
Our Baseball program is not close to Georgia football. This sucks, but don't talk crazy.

You are flat wrong. We set an NCAA record going to 3 straight CWS and 5 straight supers capped by a NC. UGA has won 2 NC in school history. The comparison is basically the same. We both won a NC last year. Making a regional is like going to a bowl. The comparison is spot on. What makes the comparison crazy?

What has UGA football done over MSU baseball? Winning a baseball NC is much harder than football since there is a long tourney.

HoopsDawg
05-19-2022, 09:50 PM
How does a SEC team have this many bad pitchers?

I have no idea. Walling, Tepper, Fristoe, Tullar, Hunt were all highly touted recruits.

The 2021 signing class is looking really bad. How did our staff not pick up some pitchers from the portal?!

StarkVegasSteve
05-19-2022, 09:51 PM
You are flat wrong. We set an NCAA record going to 3 straight CWS and 5 straight supers capped by a NC. UGA has won 2 NC in school history. The comparison is basically the same. We both won a NC last year. Making a regional is like going to a bowl. The comparison is spot on. What makes the comparison crazy?

What has UGA football done over MSU baseball? Winning a baseball NC is much harder than football since there is a long tourney.

Well first off UGA had won a national championship before this year and was a play away from another one twice. Comparing baseball to football is comparing apples to oranges. UGA is a MUCH better football program than we are a baseball program though.

RougeDawg
05-19-2022, 09:54 PM

Typical Maxi Pad response from your keyboard.

It?s the soft ass mentalities of this team that have them where they are. They took all or the parades and back patting to their heads this off season. Go back and find my posts from Long Beach State series.

I specifically stated that the entire team looked like they gave 0.0000 f*cks and it appeared to me then that they let the off-season get to their heads. And they didn?t work on a damn thing.

Turns out, at usual, my initial gut feelings/observations are usually true. Hence why I?ll retire at 45. I?ve followed my gut on purchases and investments over my 14 years of working. So far those gut feelings have me ahead of schedule, even with current Bidenflation. Go with your gut, and have multiple hedges. Just have to pay attention to trends and have a knowledge of multiple markets and how they all interact.

And this is not financial advice. Please consult with your financial advisor for your own personal finance choices. My gut feelings and observations are not recommended for other investors.

Eta. This is personal advice. If you don’t need something don’t buy it. Buy tangible assets with future value instead. Your future self will thank you.

R2Dawg
05-19-2022, 10:01 PM
Well first off UGA had won a national championship before this year and was a play away from another one twice. Comparing baseball to football is comparing apples to oranges. UGA is a MUCH better football program than we are a baseball program though.

I said UGA won 2 - other one was 40 years ago. We played in 2 NC series the past 8 years just as good as UGA. Recently no one has been better than MSU in baseball - before this year. Again has UGA football set NCAA records for playoff appearances? MSU 3 straight CWS 5 straight supers - no one has ever done that in NCAA history. Yeah MSU baseball is as good as UGA football. What you got?

Oh and the Dude and the history is 2nd to none. That is also better than UGA football. Players in the pros - I think MSU baseball is as good or better than UGA football too.

The past 8 years show me how UGA football has done better than MSU baseball????

Todd4State
05-19-2022, 10:05 PM

I don't see how he could give Foxhall another year honestly. Why would Lemonis hitch his wagon to the guy? And Cohen and our fans aren't going to put up with a Mullen/Hevesy situation in baseball.

This isn't really knee jerk. Despite injuries- which may also partially be his fault- leaving pitchers in too long, taking them out too soon, Little League level pitch calling, and pitchers that look like they haven't been coached at all. Completely whiffed on the portal and banked on Tullar and Stinnett. He's awful.

CadaverDawg
05-19-2022, 10:10 PM
27-2

Twenty Seven to Two

I feel confident that Delta State could compete with Tennessee better than that. Who woulda thought the same guy to bring us our first Natty would also be the guy to embarrass us the most, and it would take him less than a year to do it.

TheLostDawg
05-19-2022, 10:11 PM
I said UGA won 2 - other one was 40 years ago. We played in 2 NC series the past 8 years just as good as UGA. Recently no one has been better than MSU in baseball - before this year. Again has UGA football set NCAA records for playoff appearances? MSU 3 straight CWS 5 straight supers - no one has ever done that in NCAA history. Yeah MSU baseball is as good as UGA football. What you got?

Oh and the Dude and the history is 2nd to none. That is also better than UGA football. Players in the pros - I think MSU baseball is as good or better than UGA football too.

Agree. We've done many things no other team has and have a long history plus the best park and fan base in the country.

That being said we should be reloading not rebuilding. The whole staff obviously let winning go to our heads. This includes coaches and players.
We can fix this but it's going to require Lemonis bringing in someone that can evaluate talent and also NIL deals to keep and get top players.
Lemonis basically did what Mullen did after the orange bowl, lost all recruiting momentum (different reasons). Lemonis better get some players and someone to evaluate talent because Cohen has shown he isn't going to tolerate losing anymore.

CJDAWG85
05-19-2022, 10:15 PM
27-2

Twenty Seven to Two

I feel confident that Delta State could compete with Tennessee better than that. Who woulda thought the same guy to bring us our first Natty would also be the guy to embarrass us the most, and it would take him less than a year to do it.

****ing nailed it

Mjoelner34
05-19-2022, 10:16 PM
I don't see how he could give Foxhall another year honestly. Why would Lemonis hitch his wagon to the guy? And Cohen and our fans aren't going to put up with a Mullen/Hevesy situation in baseball.

This isn't really knee jerk. Despite injuries- which may also partially be his fault- leaving pitchers in too long, taking them out too soon, Little League level pitch calling, and pitchers that look like they haven't been coached at all. Completely whiffed on the portal and banked on Tullar and Stinnett. He's awful.

It seems that Foxhall has fallen in love with the elevated 4-seamer after seeing Bednar and Sims dominate with it. Unfortunately, we don't have a staff full of Bednars and Simses.

StarkVegasSteve
05-19-2022, 10:16 PM

UGA Football:

2014- 10-3 Belk Bowl Champions
2015- 10-3 Gator Bowl Champions
2016- 8-5 Liberty Bowl Champions
2017- 13-2 SEC Champs, CFP Finalist
2018- 13-2 East Champs, Lost Sugar Bowl
2019- 12-2 East Champs, Sugar Bowl Champs
2020- 8-2 Peach Bowl Champs
2021-22- 14-1 East Champs, National Champs

MSU Baseball

2014- 39-24 Lost in Regional
2015- 24-30
2016- 44-18 SEC Champs, Lost in Supers
2017- 40-27, Lost in Supers
2018- 39-29, CWS 3rd place
2019- 52-15, CWS 5th place
2021- 50-18, National Champs
2022- 26-28

So if we are trying to compare Georgia has never come close to a losing season and we have had 2.

Also, Georgia has won 4 division championships and we have one. Again as I said, it is apples to oranges in comparison but since you are trying so hard to compare it, here it is.

Cowbell
05-19-2022, 10:22 PM
Lemonis supporter here. This is unacceptable. At all levels. He gets one year to get this fixed from me.

NCMSTFAN
05-19-2022, 10:47 PM
I don't watch baseball as much as football but I've still always followed it and pulled for our guys.. to see what has unfolded this season after a Natty is embarrassing.. its one thing to lose but have some pride and don't lose like this. Other fans are probably thinking our NC is a fluke

starkvegasdawg
05-19-2022, 11:00 PM
I don't watch baseball as much as football but I've still always followed it and pulled for our guys.. to see what has unfolded this season after a Natty is embarrassing.. its one thing to lose but have some pride and don't lose like this. Other fans are probably thinking our NC is a fluke

They can think whatever the blue hell they want. Fact remains we got the trophy and they got jealous. That said, this season is a dumpster fire of the level of the finest Shakespearean tragedies. It's a level of embarrassment I thought I'd never see with MSU baseball. I'm not knowledgeable of the intricacies of the sport enough to know whether to blame the coaches, players, or both so I'll just say this is just bullshit and whoever's fault it is needs to get their head out of their ass and fix this by next season.

The Federalist Engineer
05-19-2022, 11:03 PM
Lemonis supporter here. This is unacceptable. At all levels. He gets one year to get this fixed from me.

To fix it, needs a new pitching coach, needs about +20 replacement players, a talent evaluator, and a recruiting ace. Can he use his own salary to NIL himself two SoCon Aces? A non SEC coach salary is a steep drop-off, he should bootleg some Cubans while border is wide open, take matters into his own hands.

Will a 14-16 SEC record and a SECT appearance cut it next season? What is his survival threshold next season?

C- Open
1B - Hines (Good)
2B - Open
SS - Forsythe (ok)
3B - Open (Alford)
OF - Clark (ok)
CF - Open (Downs)
OF - Open

SEC1 - Cade
SEC2 - Pico
All other Spots - Open

Medical Redshirts - Simmons & Auger

The Federalist Engineer
05-19-2022, 11:06 PM

No fluke, MSU should have 3 Championships by now. It's not like MSU made 1 Omaha trip and suddenly won it.

EdwardDrayton
05-19-2022, 11:28 PM
Thank God I did not watch. Just had a dreadful feeling about the outcome. And I am the eternal optimist. But no way I could have foreseen the extent of the horror. There are no words.

Tater
05-19-2022, 11:47 PM
We arent comparing Vitello to Leach. Its more of a Leach vs Lemon by your standards. Vitello vs Lemon is a very valid comparison. They just started at different places.

Lemon took over a program that was in the CWS and had talent. He certainly maximized what he inherited. What he has added since is awful.
Vitello took over a program that hadnt been to the CWS in 20 years and fired their coach for losing. He looks to be building a monster.

Your analogy is that if lemonis > vitello then chizik > leach

Lemo = chizik and vitello = leach. I'm saying Brian Kelly at ND is a more apt comparison. Hell Jim Harbaugh at Michigan is a more apt comparison than Leach here.

And yes, i take the ring tenure every time.

Tater
05-19-2022, 11:50 PM
27-2

Twenty Seven to Two

Take that out your signature if you're so ******* embarrassed. What a joke.

Tater
05-19-2022, 11:58 PM
Oregon State went 28-24 in 2008 and didn't make any postseason. Guess they should
have called for their coach's head since he didn't meet their standard of back to back championships.

This board needs to get a grip on reality. I've never seen this level of entitled stupidity out of State fans. You're all rushing to be first to say change the only coach that's won a Natty here. It's weird. This weird of obsession of being right and digging your heels in even when presented with new evidence.

A lot of you have been calling for Lemo / Foxhall / Gotro's head for quite a while. You couldn't even make it a full calendar year post Natty without doing it again. You decided they weren't gonna work and now that they have one bad season you think you're right. It's silly.

It's a game. None of you will actually play in it. Just enjoy the damn day. We got the most entertaining baseball park in the nation. Enjoy the atmosphere and ambience. Enjoy the food. Take it in. Life is too short to be this mad over something out of your control when you JUST reached the pinnacle. Seriously get. a. grip.

EdwardDrayton
05-19-2022, 11:59 PM

If you can not see the embarrassment in this outcome, you are a couple quarts low of reality.

Tater
05-20-2022, 12:02 AM
If you can not see the embarrassment in this outcome, you are a couple quarts low of reality.

If you feel embarrassed as someone who didn't play, then don't wear valor and honor as someone who didn't play. Simple as that.

parabrave
05-20-2022, 12:06 AM
Hey Basedog what team rumblings have you heard. I'm sorry but you don't get beat like that unless you want to or you want a change. I watched the 1st inning. BS was throwing BP. There was no movement on the ball. Every dam pitch was staying up in the zone saying HIT ME. Either they are trying to make a coach look bad or they just quit.

EdwardDrayton
05-20-2022, 12:21 AM
If you feel embarrassed as someone who didn't play, then don't wear valor and honor as someone who didn't play. Simple as that.

You know, staying on point is within your grasp if you really work at it.

Skydawg1
05-20-2022, 12:25 AM
It?s gon be fun watching them get bounced. Expanding the lead on a down team is different than getting it done.Tennersee is not winning it all this year. IN fact, they'll get the dreaded #1 overall seed, which all but guarantees you won't win the natty.

Todd4State
05-20-2022, 01:15 AM
They can think whatever the blue hell they want. Fact remains we got the trophy and they got jealous. That said, this season is a dumpster fire of the level of the finest Shakespearean tragedies. It's a level of embarrassment I thought I'd never see with MSU baseball. I'm not knowledgeable of the intricacies of the sport enough to know whether to blame the coaches, players, or both so I'll just say this is just bullshit and whoever's fault it is needs to get their head out of their ass and fix this by next season.

I see a lot of "they have their heads up their ass" posts. I've watched this team play several times and I just don't get that vibe. The hitting is basically about the same as last year and we're close to a school record for home runs. We're near the tops in the league in fielding. That doesn't exactly scream head up their ass to me along with my eye test.

The issue is about 90% pitching in my opinion. So if there is anyone that has their head up their ass it's Foxhall. Yes we've had injuries- but the healthy pitchers remaining shouldn't have ERA's above 6 like this. Fristoe made Team USA after his freshman year- that's pretty rare. Tepper, Cade Smith, and Hunt all made the Cape last year and did OK. Cade has performed fine but the others should not be performing at the level they are based on how they were rated in high school and how they did in the Cape. There is talent on our staff. Too much for them all to be performing like this. This is like having 3-4 four star WR's and none of them can catch the ball. The odds of all of those players not being able to catch is slim.

I don't like how he manages the staff at all. He sits on his ass too long while things are getting blown apart and then when he does make a move he is either way too late or he decides to take out a hot pitcher because by golly it's the 9th and someone else has to close it out. Anyone else ever notice that our pitchers who succeed are either elite talents that no one can screw up (Sims, Bednar) or guys who either started out under someone else whether it be JUCO (Preston, Harding, or Auger) or a transfer (Simmons).
Speaking of that the fact that he didn't bring in one portal guy was ridiculous and Dan Mullen-esque stupid in hindsight. We really needed three at least- which is not really hindsight given the only LHP on staff was Tullar who had never performed before and our rotation was completely new.

Todd4State
05-20-2022, 01:31 AM
To fix it, needs a new pitching coach, needs about +20 replacement players, a talent evaluator, and a recruiting ace. Can he use his own salary to NIL himself two SoCon Aces? A non SEC coach salary is a steep drop-off, he should bootleg some Cubans while border is wide open, take matters into his own hands.

Will a 14-16 SEC record and a SECT appearance cut it next season? What is his survival threshold next season?

C- Open
1B - Hines (Good)
2B - Open
SS - Forsythe (ok)
3B - Open (Alford)
OF - Clark (ok)
CF - Open (Downs)
OF - Open

SEC1 - Cade
SEC2 - Pico
All other Spots - Open

Medical Redshirts - Simmons & Auger

We need a new pitching coach. BADLY. Gautreau- I don't really care what he does one way or the other. I think he goes to Tulane personally. If he does we need to hire a coach with scouting connections.

Expect our focus in the portal to be on pitching. I would not be surprised if we bring in 5-6 pitchers alone. We have a bunch of pitchers that better figure out how to compete and throw strikes whether it's Foxhall or not.

Survival threshold? I think as long as he at least gets a winning record he will be safe. That probably will get us in a regional if we do that- or at least close to it. I think it also depends on whether he keeps Foxhall or not too. If he keeps him- we better see massive improvements. Hard to gauge that at this time. Depends a lot on how we do in the portal and we will hit it hard without question. Essentially that and how many guys we can get to come back for their senior year on offense I think will guide fan expectations. We have a lot of guys who look like they fall somewhere between round 5-15 as far as Hancock, James, Cumbest, Hunt, and Clark. We'll see if (maybe) full scholarships and NIL money can get them back. Always depends on the draft slot though. That won't be known until June. We'll always have a freshman or two that contributes too.

We do need to have some foresight though. Our first full class that really benefitted from the National Championship won't be on campus until 2024. We need to keep that in mind with Lemonis or any other changes we may make. I was worried about our 2016 class after we had a bad 2015 like this year too- thankfully we kept Cohen and we were able to keep that class together which helped launch our most recent run. I'm giving Lemonis some leeway because he has take us to Omaha twice and won a National Championship plus he has earned the right to try things with new assistants. I think the portal likely saves him and our team next year anyway.

CadaverDawg
05-20-2022, 06:58 AM

27-2 at Dudy Noble.

If that doesn't embarrass you, you and the other ladies that are only there for social hour should have your "most entertaining stadium" discussions on another board maybe.

West Houston Dog
05-20-2022, 07:16 AM
We are not even competitive in the SEC this year.

We'll see......

NCMSTFAN
05-20-2022, 07:42 AM
No fluke, MSU should have 3 Championships by now. It's not like MSU made 1 Omaha trip and suddenly won it.

I understand but we have barely been competitive this year. How do we go from winning the NC to finishing LAST the next season. It just doesn't happen much

Maroonthirteen
05-20-2022, 08:03 AM
To quote "the shooter"Pat Bradley.... "you don't have to repeat but you do have to compete."

NCMSTFAN
05-20-2022, 08:14 AM
To quote "the shooter"Pat Bradley.... "you don't have to repeat but you do have to compete."

Completely agree

Tater
05-20-2022, 09:41 AM
27-2 at Dudy Noble.

If that doesn't embarrass you, you and the other ladies that are only there for social hour should have your "most entertaining stadium" discussions on another board maybe.

As a sports fan, I'm there to be entertained.

If you can't relish in victory and enjoy it, then why do you even care? It's one bad year that we've been due for. Baseball ebbs and flows. Oh well. You're not playing. Learn how to have a good time. You're not the one on the field and again, if you feel that embarrassed, take the championship banner out your signature. Why rep the baseball team that you didn't play for if you're embarrassed by them?

msstate7
05-20-2022, 09:45 AM
Somehow you don't think people can still appreciate last year and at the same time call a shit season shit.

TheLostDawg
05-20-2022, 11:15 AM
We need a new pitching coach. BADLY. Gautreau- I don't really care what he does one way or the other. I think he goes to Tulane personally. If he does we need to hire a coach with scouting connections.

Expect our focus in the portal to be on pitching. I would not be surprised if we bring in 5-6 pitchers alone. We have a bunch of pitchers that better figure out how to compete and throw strikes whether it's Foxhall or not.

Survival threshold? I think as long as he at least gets a winning record he will be safe. That probably will get us in a regional if we do that- or at least close to it. I think it also depends on whether he keeps Foxhall or not too. If he keeps him- we better see massive improvements. Hard to gauge that at this time. Depends a lot on how we do in the portal and we will hit it hard without question. Essentially that and how many guys we can get to come back for their senior year on offense I think will guide fan expectations. We have a lot of guys who look like they fall somewhere between round 5-15 as far as Hancock, James, Cumbest, Hunt, and Clark. We'll see if (maybe) full scholarships and NIL money can get them back. Always depends on the draft slot though. That won't be known until June. We'll always have a freshman or two that contributes too.

We do need to have some foresight though. Our first full class that really benefitted from the National Championship won't be on campus until 2024. We need to keep that in mind with Lemonis or any other changes we may make. I was worried about our 2016 class after we had a bad 2015 like this year too- thankfully we kept Cohen and we were able to keep that class together which helped launch our most recent run. I'm giving Lemonis some leeway because he has take us to Omaha twice and won a National Championship plus he has earned the right to try things with new assistants. I think the portal likely saves him and our team next year anyway.

Yes but three and would have been four years to Omaha in a row should be paying off now. Only limiting factor is coach turnover. Next years class should be strong as well. This one should be good.

StarkVegasSteve
05-20-2022, 11:26 AM

If you can't relish in victory and enjoy it, then why do you even care? It's one bad year that we've been due for. Baseball ebbs and flows. Oh well. You're not playing. Learn how to have a good time. You're not the one on the field and again, if you feel that embarrassed, take the championship banner out your signature. Why rep the baseball team that you didn't play for if you're embarrassed by them?

Because some people spend a lot of money to watch this team. Season tickets are not cheap and neither are hotels, and now gas is through the roof. People want to see a good product when they spend all this money. And no matter which way you cut it, last night was an absolute embarrassment. You can support the team and still call last night what it was. I highly doubt Lemonis, the assts, or the players are walking around today wondering why everyone is being so critical of them. Hell I hope they are being critical of themselves. Their pride was stepped on, and then danced on, last night.

Also this whole relish the victory crap needs to stop. Yea we won a national championship and yes it was awesome. No one is saying it was anything less than that. However, if as a fan base or a program, you are ok with just one then we are not at all what some, including myself, believe we are. A BLUE BLOOD. LSU did not act like this when they won one of their 6 championships. Miami did not act like this when they won of their 4. We need to expect more and expect better. We should AT WORST be competing to be a regional host year in and year out.

ImissCityBagel
05-20-2022, 11:27 AM
What did Cannizaro do to recruit so well?

I'd bring him back as a recruiter.

ImissCityBagel
05-20-2022, 11:30 AM
Of course back then, Jordan was getting recruited by then-MSU head coach (and current Director of Athletics) John Cohen. One of Cohen's recruiting pitches was that those thousands of people inside Dudy Noble would one day be on their feet for Jordan, chanting his name and yelling at the top of their lungs, 'Rowdey! Rowdey! Rowdey!' Lo and behold, all these years later, Jordan has an admission.

"Coach Cohen hit the nail on the head," Jordan said. "It's actually happened and it's been awesome."

https://hailstate.com/news/2021/6/11/baseball-the-rise-of-rowdey-coleman.aspx

StarkVegasSteve
05-20-2022, 11:36 AM
What did Cannizaro do to recruit so well?

I'd bring him back as a recruiter.

Andy was a charismatic guy that could sell ice to an Eskimo and he was given an ice palace to recruit. If I thought there was any chance in hell we could ever bring him back in any capacity I would jump at the opportunity. The guy sold Mississippi State better than any coach on this campus.

sandjunky
05-20-2022, 11:43 AM

So this year, you were entertained? By that product on the field?

Last I checked, the NC was a year ago and there hasn?t been much victory to relish this year.

Lemonis and staff became one of if not the highest paid staffs after last year - deservedly so and season ticket prices went up this year

I?m a season ticket holder (4 chair backs) - I don?t expect perfection, winning every game but I do expect the team to compete, fight, scratch, and claw until the final out of each game just like I teach my boys to do no matter the damn score (up or down).

There?s no way to cut it - the coaching staff didn?t get it done and it?s on them to get it done via recruiting, developinG and preparing - and if the players aren?t buying in doing what needs to be done by god cut those and play the one that are, take your lumps but never sacrifice the right culture because that?s how programs crumble

Should I expect a reduction in my season ticket costs next year given this inexcusable year? I won?t hold my breath

CadaverDawg
05-20-2022, 11:47 AM

Ms Lemonis, I must be too realistic for you. I call a spade a spade. Your husband got lazy after our special season last year, and forgot that we expect to win at a high level EVERY year here. Doesn't have to be a Natty, but it also can't be last place in the league after a Natty. And can't be losing 27-2 at home, or the "most entertaining stadium" won't be entertaining anymore, and you and your girlfriends will not have as fun of a social evening and will have to go back to knitting in Indiana in the spring.

Coach34
05-20-2022, 11:51 AM
Ms Lemonis, I must be too realistic for you. I call a spade a spade. Your husband got lazy after our special season last year, and forgot that we expect to win at a high level EVERY year here. Doesn't have to be a Natty, but it also can't be last place in the league after a Natty. And can't be losing 27-2 at home, or the "most entertaining stadium" won't be entertaining anymore, and you and your girlfriends will not have as fun of a social evening and will have to go back to knitting in Indiana in the spring.

Mrs Lemon thinks Cheezik is a better coach than Leach. There's no arguing with her.

msstate7
05-20-2022, 11:55 AM

Ms. Lemonis,

When you get tired of all this crap from fans that wanna win every year, you can move to California with me. We could also meet up at college station, tx.

Sincerely,
msstate7
AKA Ms. howland
AKA jimbo's mistress

Tater
05-20-2022, 12:19 PM
Somehow you don't think people can still appreciate last year and at the same time call a shit season shit.

You can call it shit. But this race to be the first person to call for a coach's head and get out in front is weird. Instant gratification ass generation.

Tater
05-20-2022, 12:20 PM
Mrs Lemon thinks Cheezik is a better coach than Leach. There's no arguing with her.

I'd rather have had Chizik, Newton and a title than Dan Mullen's tenure at State. It's simple. Rings Ernie.

StarkVegasSteve
05-20-2022, 12:23 PM
I'd rather have had Chizik, Newton and a title than Dan Mullen's tenure at State. It's simple. Rings Ernie.

Well we were 30K away from having two of those and Chizik was not one of them.

ImissCityBagel
05-20-2022, 02:48 PM
Let's legit bring back Cannizaro. His recruits were absolutely elite.....and certain staff members are gone anyways. I'm just sick of always having "young" and "developing" talent. That works if they are actually developing, but we aren't able to win against Samford or Mizzou.

Also, what is the white sauce at Little Dewey's made off? I might try make my own this summer.

ImissCityBagel
05-20-2022, 02:49 PM

Nah I hate Chizik and N$t$n. Dak's reign, without a title, was one of my favorite sports experiences of all time.

Tater
05-20-2022, 03:41 PM
Well we were 30K away from having two of those and Chizik was not one of them.

The guy who is a day late and a dollar short ain't the man for the job.

Ranchdawg
05-20-2022, 04:18 PM
Ok I?ve calmed down some. But last night and the whole season has been a nightmare as in the old tv show Twilight Zone. I?ve either watched or been at every game this season. Been a fan of M over S baseball since 1979. I?ve been to away regionals, I?ve been to Omaha 3 times, used to own 4 chairback seats, traveled back and forth from Jackson area to Starkville more times than I can count. I?ve put in my years following M over S baseball.

This year?s team has to be the worst coached team that I can remember. Sure there have been some bad teams over the years. But this team has no fight, no moxie, no leadership and VERY little development. Years past we would start out slow some years then by end of season be a decent team. And what amazed me in years past a lot of the players weren?t really SEC caliber players but by season end they damn sure were. This coaching staff hasn?t developed many if any players this year and that concerns me greatly going forward. If this continues, regardless of Natty, Lemonis and crew need to be shown the door and quickly. We have the fan base, we have the facilities, we have the best stadium, we compete at the highest levels of college baseball and therefore we should not put up with this garbage.

R2Dawg
05-20-2022, 04:52 PM
UGA Football:

2014- 10-3 Belk Bowl Champions
2015- 10-3 Gator Bowl Champions
2016- 8-5 Liberty Bowl Champions
2017- 13-2 SEC Champs, CFP Finalist
2018- 13-2 East Champs, Lost Sugar Bowl
2019- 12-2 East Champs, Sugar Bowl Champs
2020- 8-2 Peach Bowl Champs
2021-22- 14-1 East Champs, National Champs

MSU Baseball

2014- 39-24 Lost in Regional
2015- 24-30
2016- 44-18 SEC Champs, Lost in Supers
2017- 40-27, Lost in Supers
2018- 39-29, CWS 3rd place
2019- 52-15, CWS 5th place
2021- 50-18, National Champs
2022- 26-28

So if we are trying to compare Georgia has never come close to a losing season and we have had 2.

Also, Georgia has won 4 division championships and we have one. Again as I said, it is apples to oranges in comparison but since you are trying so hard to compare it, here it is.

Reading comprehension. I never said UGA never came close to a losing season. Read my post slowly next time instead of trying to show someone up for something they didn't say.

I'll repeat and type slower. I said MSU winning NC last year and not going to post season this year is like UGA (who won NC last year) having a losing season and not going to a bowl next year (just like we did). Now do you see the comparison?

It had nothing to do with comparing the historical programs although I think it is pretty fair even.

The point was how would everyone look at UGA football and Kirby if that happens this year? The criticism of our program right now is justified. I'm not saying fire them all but they deserve every ounce of criticism for this year for such a proud program.