parabrave
05-16-2022, 01:47 AM
Just finished watching Ford vs Ferrari. Pretty dam good movie

Lord McBuckethead
05-16-2022, 02:29 PM
Yep. Very well done. Good cast as well.

OLJWales
05-16-2022, 02:43 PM
I would advise all to check it out. I thought it kicked ass.

somebodyshotmypaw
05-16-2022, 03:18 PM
I watched it about a month ago for the first time. I enjoyed it.

parabrave
05-16-2022, 04:51 PM
Watch it with a under 30 something and wait for them to was what was the Wide world of Sports. Also James Garners movie and Steve McQueens Movie were great also.

Lord McBuckethead
05-16-2022, 04:56 PM
Watch it with a under 30 something and wait for them to was what was the Wide world of Sports. Also James Garners movie and Steve McQueens Movie were great also.

I read this 4 times...... what the hell are you saying?

BeardoMSU
05-16-2022, 05:21 PM
It is. I'm a big fan of the director, James Mangold.

He's made some really good films:

Logan (a "comic book" western)
Cop Town (also essentially a western, and a super underrated Sly Stallone role)
The 310 to Yuma remake with Russell Crowe and Christian Bale (officially a wester, lol)
Walk the Line (Johnny Cash biopic)

And last but not least, the new Indiana Jones movie (currently in post production) was helmed by him as well. I have high hopes.

starkvegasdawg
05-16-2022, 06:37 PM
It is. I'm a big fan of the director, James Mangold.

He's made some really good films:

Logan (a "comic book" western)
Cop Town (also essentially a western, and a super underrated Sly Stallone role)
The 310 to Yuma remake with Russell Crowe and Christian Bale (officially a wester, lol)
Walk the Line (Johnny Cash biopic)

And last but not least, the new Indiana Jones movie (currently in post production) was helmed by him as well. I have high hopes.
They made another Indiana Jones movie? Is he in a mall exploring a Rain Forest Cafe in a hoveround?

OLJWales
05-16-2022, 06:55 PM

LMAO Parabrave! Either you were hittin' the hard stuff or that shit shwooshed right by my 59 yr old brain!!

parabrave
05-17-2022, 05:41 PM
I read this 4 times...... what the hell are you saying?

When they are showing the Le Mans race the WWOS is being shown televising it. The thrill of Victory and the agony of defeat. Also James Garner starred in "Grand Prix" and Steve McQueen starred in "Le Mans".

BeardoMSU
05-17-2022, 07:07 PM
They made another Indiana Jones movie? Is he in a mall exploring a Rain Forest Cafe in a hoveround?

Probably him in a nursing home wankin' it to the National Geographic quipping "I've been there"...."I killed 20 Nazis there"...."I'd hit it"...***

parabrave
05-17-2022, 08:11 PM
Probably him in a nursing home wankin' it to the National Geographic quipping "I've been there"...."I killed 20 Nazis there"...."I'd hit it"...***

What about Karen Allen? She is probably chasing retired Lit Professors around the retirement home.

BeardoMSU
05-17-2022, 08:14 PM
What about Karen Allen? She is probably chasing retired Lit Professors around the retirement home.

I choose to live in a world where Marion Ravenwood is still a fox, thank you very much!***

parabrave
05-17-2022, 09:29 PM
I choose to live in a world where Marion Ravenwood is still a fox, thank you very much!***

Apparently you missed the last one.

BeardoMSU
05-17-2022, 10:33 PM
Apparently you missed the last one.

It's My choice.

parabrave
05-18-2022, 01:29 AM
It's My choice.

OK but her lasting memory for me will be her in Animal House. And Dean Wormers 13 year old daughter was also Maggie in Caddyshack/

State82
05-18-2022, 08:08 AM
OK but her lasting memory for me will be her in Animal House.

No doubt.