PDA

View Full Version : LB Richie Brown will not play in spring game today

Bo Darville
04-20-2013, 09:36 AM
Suffered a minor concussion on Thursday. Skipping spring game as a precautionary measure.

BeastMan
04-20-2013, 10:14 AM
Well that sucks. Not all is lost. Keep an eye on Beni Brown who has been equally as impressive this spring

Coach34
04-20-2013, 10:27 AM
I hate that because he has had a good Spring- but better to be safe about it

Bo Darville
04-20-2013, 12:08 PM
What I've heard is that this is not a big deal at all. The scrimmages matter more than the spring game, and Richie has performed well and the coaches are happy. The concussion was very minor, and by itself is not a big deal, but they are holding him out simply to ensure that it remains "not a big deal". The last thing you want is for him to get another one today. This is nothing more than the staff taking precautions.

slickdawg
04-20-2013, 12:35 PM
With all the attention on head trauma nowadays, there won't be a "minor" concussion any more. If you have one, you're going to very likely miss a game or two, and rightfully so.

Bo Darville
04-20-2013, 12:56 PM
There are different degrees of severity in concussions. Same goes for most injuries. That is why I used the word "minor". I'm not saying that concussions or head injuries are minor problems. NFL lawsuits tell us they are far from being minor problems. I'm simply saying that Richie's particular concussion is minor in severity when ranked on the scale of concussion severity.