PDA

View Full Version : Did I miss something? Are anti-Mullen threads now not allowed?

blacklistedbully
11-23-2013, 04:28 PM
Not understanding why my thread was locked.

TheRef
11-23-2013, 04:29 PM
Not understanding why my thread was locked.

Not until end of season / out of bowl eligibility....

Coach34
11-23-2013, 04:36 PM
**** no they aren't

You will not talk about firing our coach on a day that we win...go do that shit on the Pack

Talk about the game- what you thought we're mistakes, what you liked...do that all you want.

FlabLoser
11-23-2013, 04:36 PM
We won. Stop pontificating on how we could have lost. Pour a beer.

bluelightstar
11-23-2013, 04:40 PM
THAT thread said nothing about firing Mullen - only that he sounded like Nutt, special teams were bad, and his opinion hadn;'t changed.

blacklistedbully
11-23-2013, 04:43 PM
**** no they aren't

You will not talk about firing our coach on a day that we win...go do that shit on the Pack

Talk about the game- what you thought we're mistakes, what you liked...do that all you want.

Well with this kind of reaction, it's starting to look more like the Pack here every day. I thought the idea was to have an open forum for true Bulldog fans, while barring the obvious Bear trolls. Now you're just censoring the discussion, much like they do over there.

Real shame, too, as this place has a ton of potential. Started out great, but seems to be regressing.

Oh, and you want to censor on a day we win, but can talk about "how great we played versus Bama" in a loss??

Quaoarsking
11-23-2013, 04:47 PM
Real shame, too, as this place has a ton of potential. Started out great, but seems to be regressing.

The reason it is/was regressing is all the bitching every time we win. Glad the mods got a handle on that.

Noxdog
11-23-2013, 04:50 PM
The reason it is/was regressing is all the bitching every time we win. Glad the mods got a handle on that.

^^^^This^^^^

Coach34
11-23-2013, 05:02 PM
THAT thread said nothing about firing Mullen - only that he sounded like Nutt, special teams were bad, and his opinion hadn;'t changed.

Nutt was in the middle of his 2nd losing season with a team that had quit. We are a young beat up team winning with our 3rd string QB- and fighting till the end. Big difference

Teams that aren't coached well or have quit don't do the things that we do. We compete and get after people. We just have to limit the mistakes

blacklistedbully
11-23-2013, 05:04 PM
Yet I haven;t "bitched every time we've won". In fact, I was one of those getting accused of "wearing marron glasses" earlier in the year for my defense of Mullen and staff, and my optimism of how well we might do this year.

My negativity has little to do with a W or L on game day. It has everything to do with a coach that continues to make the same bone-headed mistakes that seem to cost us one-game-after-another. I am beyond tired of the same ol' BS that has seemed to hold us back from our true potential damn near every week for at least the past 2 years. Something needs to change. I had thought Dan would adjust this year after what we saw last year, but he really doesn't seem to have. That's what makes me frustrated about continuing to go down this path beyond this year.

If Mullen refuses to change, we are damned fools if we expect different results going forward. I don't mean record-wise, as SOS alone can affect that. Rather I'm talking about continuing to perform at a level well below our potential, win or lose.

Coach34
11-23-2013, 05:10 PM
Point out what you think he did wrong today- I'm fine with that. It can be debated. I think he coached a pretty good game today.

ShotgunDawg
11-23-2013, 05:20 PM
I'm with C34 today. There are many problems I have that MUST be addressed after Egg Bowl, but if you can't just enjoy a team that doesn't quit and, against everything going wrong, found a way to win today, then your probably better off not saying anything.

After today's win, Mullen ain't going nowhere. Scream, bitch, and complain, but he will be our coach next year, and I think it's more productive to complain about what we want him to do different than to complain about wanting him fired.

We have a good team coming back next year, and there should be pressure on Mullen to "Fix" some things. Talking about what we want fixed is much more productive at this point than complaining about who the coach is because whether you like Mullen or not, he will be our coach next year and we need everyone pulling the rope the same direction.

Kapeesh?

DownwardDawg
11-23-2013, 05:23 PM
I must say I'm tickled to have won a game in Arkansas.

blacklistedbully
11-23-2013, 05:26 PM
Point out what you think he did wrong today- I'm fine with that. It can be debated. I think he coached a pretty good game today.

NEVER, EVER trot Devon Bell out for a FG attempt with the game on the line. That's beyond stupid. Doesn't matter the down or distance. Bell has proven time & again he is a choker, perhaps the worst I have even seen. Yes, one was blocked, but that;s not the first time that's happened either. Did anybody other than DM actually think Bell was gonna make that last one?

Favoring LP over JR. Has cost us before, and likely would have again if Perk didn't get hurt/

Running a fragile, ineffective runner, TR. Mullen, a former QB coach of many years not getting a 5th-year Senior QB to the point where he realizes he holds the ball too long, resulting in drive-killing sacks, missed scoring opportunities, etc. TR should have been better every year. He isn't. And it's not because of injuries.

Coach, it'd way more than what happened today for me. It's the continued use of failed strategy/personnel decisions that seem to hold us back game-after-game. It's what looks like a lack-of-growth by Mullen. I think we can all see, regardless of wins or losses that our team, particularly over the last 2 years has stepped on it's own dick so often we can barely "get it up" for crap teams like Arky.

Yes, we played hard against Bama and aTm, but it's not all that unusual for team's to do that when they face a much better opponent, just as it's not unusual for that much better opponent to have an "off-day" versus an inferior opponent.

I have watched every game this year, and it seems to me we've had several plays a game that were just plain stupid decisions by our coaching staff. It doesn't take more than 1 or 2 to lose you a game. We seem to have more of those type losses than any other team I can think of.

Coach34
11-23-2013, 06:03 PM
JRob was out for the 1st half today
Russell has to run it some in our offense
Devon Bell is all we got to kick FG's. Sobeisk is awful too

What else ya got?

blacklistedbully
11-23-2013, 06:09 PM
JRob was out for the 1st half today
Russell has to run it some in our offense
Devon Bell is all we got to kick FG's. Sobeisk is awful too

What else ya got?

None of what you said dispells anything I posted. What else you got?

Oh, and correct me if I'm wrong, but Sobiesk has missed 1 FG all season. What's Bell's record?

Coach34
11-23-2013, 06:28 PM
Sobeisk is 1-3 isn't he? Missed one and had another blocked

blacklistedbully
11-23-2013, 06:46 PM

And Bell?? Even good kickers get blocked once-in-a-while. But when one get's blocked more, and/or misses more than half of his attempts, even when they're not particularly long, that is a WHOLE DIFFERENT BALLGAME. I'm more inclined to think Bell is getting blocked because he doesn't strike the ball in the right place.

Plenty of evidence to support this.

Coach34
11-23-2013, 07:27 PM
I'm not happy about the kicking situation either- but We have to do the best we can with what we have

blacklistedbully
11-23-2013, 07:34 PM
I'm not happy about the kicking situation either- but We have to do the best we can with what we have

So we sorta agree on the kicking. How do you feel about Mullen's continued commitment to having LP as the only back in there with TR? How do you feel about TR's continuing to hold the ball too long, and Mullen continuing to put him in there over DP as much as he has, even when DP was healthy? How do you feel about Mullen's handling of JR this season?

Granted, Mullen is not the DC or DB coach, but he is over them. How do you feel about the way teams always seem to get SO open versus our secondary?

RougeDawg
11-23-2013, 07:39 PM
**** no they aren't

Coach I most times agree with you but you have completely lost it. Mullen is the only reason we didn't blow Arkansas out is Mullen. His GD dumb**** decisions were the reason we weren't up at least 7 at halftime. Were you watching? Who in gods name put Milton in on goal line, when he hasn't played since September? Jesus Christ wake the **** up. We won despite Dan.

CadaverDawg
11-23-2013, 07:43 PM
Coach I most times agree with you but you have completely lost it. Mullen is the only reason we didn't blow Arkansas out is Mullen. His GD dumb**** decisions were the reason we weren't up at least 7 at halftime. Were you watching? Who in gods name put Milton in on goal line, when he hasn't played since September? Jesus Christ wake the **** up. We won despite Dan.

Careful Rouge....

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad346/rattlehead666/sunshinepump.gif

ONLY

War Machine Dawg
11-23-2013, 07:58 PM
http://i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae73/MSUDawgBurke/ImpliedFacepalm2_zpsb1e5da2d.jpg (http://s959.photobucket.com/user/MSUDawgBurke/media/ImpliedFacepalm2_zpsb1e5da2d.jpg.html)

War Machine Dawg
11-23-2013, 08:02 PM

So Mullen dropped 3 TD passes and got a FG blocked? Cause I'd have sworn it was players wearing "maroon headgear" that did that. Ya know, "execution" mistakes.

Coach34
11-23-2013, 08:37 PM
So Mullen dropped 3 TD passes and got a FG blocked? Cause I'd have sworn it was players wearing "maroon headgear" that did that. Ya know, "execution" mistakes.

Mullen fumbled on the UPig 2 yard line too

notsofarawaydawg
11-23-2013, 08:38 PM
Yet I haven;t "bitched every time we've won". In fact, I was one of those getting accused of "wearing marron glasses" earlier in the year for my defense of Mullen and staff, and my optimism of how well we might do this year.

My negativity has little to do with a W or L on game day. It has everything to do with a coach that continues to make the same bone-headed mistakes that seem to cost us one-game-after-another. I am beyond tired of the same ol' BS that has seemed to hold us back from our true potential damn near every week for at least the past 2 years. Something needs to change. I had thought Dan would adjust this year after what we saw last year, but he really doesn't seem to have. That's what makes me frustrated about continuing to go down this path beyond this year.

If Mullen refuses to change, we are damned fools if we expect different results going forward. I don't mean record-wise, as SOS alone can affect that. Rather I'm talking about continuing to perform at a level well below our potential, win or lose.

Start you own ****ing message board and please don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you. No one is stopping you. Go do it on your own dime. Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

CadaverDawg
11-23-2013, 08:40 PM
http://a0.twimg.com/profile_images/226330030/GeneSwindoll-150-200.jpg

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/54/546787.jpg

CadaverDawg
11-23-2013, 08:41 PM
(And I'm joking around, before any of you lose it)

DownwardDawg
11-23-2013, 08:45 PM

Get the **** out of here with that shit. Bell is horrible. Sobieski hasn't had enough chances to know yet.

DownwardDawg
11-23-2013, 08:46 PM
Mullen fumbled on the UPig 2 yard line too

He did. The minute he put Milton in ahead of Robinson and Shumpert. You are horrible these days.

CadaverDawg
11-23-2013, 08:48 PM
Start you own ****ing message board and please don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you. No one is stopping you. Go do it on your own dime. Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Lighten up Francis

OurState
11-23-2013, 08:55 PM

I would argue the issue isn't WHO kicked but how Mullen set it up. We should have managed to be kicking a straight kick with 1 second on the clock. Instead we had an angle with 30 seconds on the clock.

Recognize the kicking game sucks and insure that if we miss it's the end of the game.

War Machine Dawg
11-23-2013, 09:02 PM
I would argue the issue isn't WHO kicked but how Mullen set it up. We should have managed to be kicking a straight kick with 1 second on the clock. Instead we had an angle with 30 seconds on the clock.

Recognize the kicking game sucks and insure that if we miss it's the end of the game.

I'd argue we set it up correctly. We were trying to score the got damn touchdown and take the kicking game out of the equation. But then our all-everything guard got a false start, a true freshman got caught pushing off, and our all-everything guard & 3-year starting center got blown up forcing TR to throw it early and getting TR injured in the process. Those are EXECUTION mistakes. We didn't have a choice but to kick it as it lay at that point. But that doesn't fit the agenda, now does it?

Coach34
11-23-2013, 09:02 PM

There was nothing we could do. We got the penalty and had to get 10 or so yards just to get in range for FG. Plus UPig had time-outs and used them. No way to blame that shit on Mullen

blacklistedbully
11-23-2013, 09:28 PM

You ****ing moron! Your post doesn't even make sense. What kind of an addle-brained, ignoramus are you? If you;re going to start by insulting somebody, at least try to make it half-way sensible.

What a clown.

maroonmania
11-23-2013, 10:44 PM
One point on some of this discussion, when you are in the ELEVENTH game of the year, consistent execution mistakes like we make ARE on the coaches. Either we are unable to properly coach our players to execute fundamental football plays on a regular basis OR the players we are recruiting are unable to consistently execute fundamental football plays. Either way, 5 years into the Mullen regime in the eleventh game of the year, its a coaching issue.

Coach34
11-23-2013, 10:53 PM
One point on some of this discussion, when you are in the ELEVENTH game of the year, consistent execution mistakes like we make ARE on the coaches. Either we are unable to properly coach our players to execute fundamental football plays on a regular basis OR the players we are recruiting are unable to consistently execute fundamental football plays. Either way, 5 years into the Mullen regime in the eleventh game of the year, its a coaching issue.

blah blah blah...bullshit bullshit bullshit

Milton was playing cause Perk and JRob were out in the 1st half.
Wilson is a true Freshman pushing off and learning how to play football in only his 2nd year of football total
Ross is another true freshman who dropped the pass
Russell is gonna Russell

Now, the grief in the kicking game is deserved

We had 488 yards today of offense on a nasty day with our back-up QB's and won...it's a good day

maroonmania
11-24-2013, 12:18 AM
blah blah blah...bullshit bullshit bullshit

Milton was playing cause Perk and JRob were out in the 1st half.
Wilson is a true Freshman pushing off and learning how to play football in only his 2nd year of football total
Ross is another true freshman who dropped the pass
Russell is gonna Russell

Now, the grief in the kicking game is deserved

We had 488 yards today of offense on a nasty day with our back-up QB's and won...it's a good day

blah, blah, blah... it ain't Mullen's fault... blah, blah, blah... don't talk negative about our coaching staff... blah, blah, blah. NOTHING I said in the earlier post was BS. After 5 years in, WHATEVER is happening in the program is on the coaches and more specifically the HC. That's pretty much a no brainer. Just making that point because of the posts in this thread just throwing players under the bus and trying to let our coaches off the hook.

And we got a whopping 17 points in regulation against a bottom feeder SEC team today. Doesn't really matter if you gain 1000 yards if you shoot yourself in the foot so often that you can't turn them into points. All I can say is thank God Whitley made a great strip of the Ark RB to save our asses today and gave us a chance to salvage the season this coming Thursday night.

drunkernhelldawg
11-24-2013, 01:02 AM
Running a fragile, ineffective runner, TR. Mullen, a former QB coach of many years not getting a 5th-year Senior QB to the point where he realizes he holds the ball too long, resulting in drive-killing sacks, missed scoring opportunities, etc. TR should have been better every year. He isn't. And it's not because of injuries.

I strongly disagree with this. TR ran our team like a pro today. His superior decision making today calls into question the idea that we have a better quarterback on our roster. He is in control of his team. None of our failures to score in the red zone are on him today. I don't remember a drive-killing sack as you describe today. Refresh my memory on that one. His interception was at least partly on him, but other than that I can't think of a questionable throw or ball-distribution decision he made today.

I also agree that the game was well coached on our side. Really a great, exciting win for us, even though it doesn't really matter to anyone else.