PDA

View Full Version : Arch Manning names his favorite college town

starkvegasdawg
05-13-2022, 02:45 PM
Hint - a certain school where old times aren't forgotten isn't it.

https://nypost.com/2022/05/11/arch-manning-gives-big-georgia-hint-on-football-future/?utm_medium=SocialFlow&utm_source=NYPTwitter&utm_campaign=SocialFlow

Tbonewannabe
05-13-2022, 03:24 PM
The Mannings are business savvy enough to know that he needs to go somewhere that will actually compete for a National Title and taps into a big alumni base.

Commercecomet24
05-13-2022, 03:28 PM
The Mannings are business savvy enough to know that he needs to go somewhere that will actually compete for a National Title and taps into a big alumni base.

Yes, the Manning brand is WAY more important than the om brand, to them now.

HoopsDawg
05-13-2022, 03:32 PM
UGA would be really, really hard to turn down.

parabrave
05-13-2022, 03:32 PM
Athens is Austin before Austin went weird/

Commercecomet24
05-13-2022, 03:36 PM

Yep, have some rep!

parabrave
05-13-2022, 03:42 PM
Yep, have some rep!

Thank you sir may I have another/

BrunswickDawg
05-13-2022, 03:46 PM

Athens was weird waaayyyy before Austin - if not, how do you explain the B-52s?

parabrave
05-13-2022, 04:05 PM
Athens was weird waaayyyy before Austin - if not, how do you explain the B-52s?

And REM basically runs the town politics.

Leeshouldveflanked
05-13-2022, 04:22 PM
Its going to be wailing and gnashing of teeth when he signs with UGA BAMA or Texas.

Mjoelner34
05-13-2022, 04:35 PM
Its going to be wailing and gnashing of teeth when he signs with UGA BAMA or Texas.

Until the ink is dry with somebody else's name, my money is still on Bama.

BeardoMSU
05-13-2022, 04:45 PM
if not, how do you explain the B-52s?

You bite your tongue!**

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXmnmvDl-ao&ab_channel=BlogAnos80

BeardoMSU
05-13-2022, 04:46 PM

Another awesome band.

TheLostDawg
05-13-2022, 04:54 PM

Also the kid needs a good support role around him. Needs top coaches, not just to coach him up but the players around him to not only make him look good but to protect him from injury.

Remember Archie took a lot of grief from Payton not going there. Ole miss fans weren't going to miss on Eli. Ope miss fans put a lot of pressure on Eli and Archie to prevent Eli getting away. We'll see if they still have the clout to do it again but they're going to have to make a lot of moves between now and the spring to sway Arch. I'm sure they'll use their trick of send numerous college girls on him but being who he is, he probably gets that everywhere. I'm sure they are also going after Arch's cousin hard that's suppose to be a pretty good lineman? In hopes to help sway arch as well.

parabrave
05-13-2022, 05:17 PM
Another awesome band.

Well here is both.

https://youtu.be/YYOKMUTTDdA

BTW she was 45 when this video was made.

BeardoMSU
05-13-2022, 05:31 PM
Well here is both.

Oh, I love this song. My daughter dances to it periodically, lol.

No WAY she is 45 here?!?!

BrunswickDawg
05-13-2022, 05:31 PM
You bite your tongue!**

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXmnmvDl-ao&ab_channel=BlogAnos80

I ain't knocking it brother - I've been partying in Athens since I could walk. And I was rocking to the B-52s since Rock Lobster - but Athens is all about the weird.

BeardoMSU
05-13-2022, 05:32 PM
Well here is both.

I remember the VH1 Pop-Up Video of this song...ya know, back when music channels played music. Sigh.

BeardoMSU
05-13-2022, 05:33 PM
I ain't knocking it brother - I've been partying in Athens since I could walk. And I was rocking to the B-52s since Rock Lobster - but Athens is all about the weird.

Lol, no worries. I put in sarcasterisks^^^

Todd4State
05-13-2022, 06:02 PM
Also the kid needs a good support role around him. Needs top coaches, not just to coach him up but the players around him to not only make him look good but to protect him from injury.

Remember Archie took a lot of grief from Payton not going there. Ole miss fans weren't going to miss on Eli. Ope miss fans put a lot of pressure on Eli and Archie to prevent Eli getting away. We'll see if they still have the clout to do it again but they're going to have to make a lot of moves between now and the spring to sway Arch. I'm sure they'll use their trick of send numerous college girls on him but being who he is, he probably gets that everywhere. I'm sure they are also going after Arch's cousin hard that's suppose to be a pretty good lineman? In hopes to help sway arch as well.

Isn't he class of 2023? If so I suspect he'll commit in August.

Saltydog
05-13-2022, 06:07 PM

Enough said......They stink anyway but the B-52's are far worse........

viverlibre
05-13-2022, 06:32 PM
As far as a "Brand" Texas is the biggest, plus being a big fish in Texas tops being a big fish in AL or GA and it is fairly close to NOLA (7 hours, but Tuscaloosa is about 5).

If on field success is his overall goal, the choice is simple, Bama, but to promote his overall brand Texas is probably best, but there is a risk as on field success at Texas is a wildcard.

BeardoMSU
05-13-2022, 06:38 PM
Enough said......They stink anyway but the B-52's are far worse........

^^^^listens to Florida-Georgia-Line^^^^***

Gutter Cobreh
05-13-2022, 06:42 PM
As far as a "Brand" Texas is the biggest, plus being a big fish in Texas tops being a big fish in AL or GA and it is fairly close to NOLA (7 hours, but Tuscaloosa is about 5).

If on field success is his overall goal, the choice is simple, Bama, but to promote his overall brand Texas is probably best, but there is a risk as on field success at Texas is a wildcard.

You think Saban coaches for another 4 years??? That puts him at 74. He could definitely coach into his late 70s, but at some point do you want to be there as a top recruit when he does depart?

Or would you rather play for UGA where the coach is much younger (thus no chance of retirement) and talent level is equal?

BrunswickDawg
05-13-2022, 07:13 PM
Well here is both.

Yep - she is 74 now.

viverlibre
05-13-2022, 07:15 PM
You think Saban coaches for another 4 years??? That puts him at 74. He could definitely coach into his late 70s, but at some point do you want to be there as a top recruit when he does depart?

Or would you rather play for UGA where the coach is much younger (thus no chance of retirement) and talent level is equal?

I fully expect him to coach another 4 years, he's in great shape and I think football is his life.

Leeshouldveflanked
05-13-2022, 08:51 PM
Saban is like The Bear he will coach up to the end.

Jarius
05-13-2022, 11:44 PM

He is going to get his ass beat a lot if he goes to Texas. They won’t be playing a big 12 Schedule that they currently can’t break .500 on during Manning’s career. They have a recovering alcoholic as their head coach. They just seem like a really big smoke screen in that recruitment IMO.

BeardoMSU
05-13-2022, 11:45 PM
He is going to get his ass beat a lot if he goes to Texas. They won’t be playing a big 12 Schedule that they currently can’t break .500 on during Manning’s career. They have a recovering alcoholic as their head coach. They just seem like a really big smoke screen in that recruitment IMO.

He'll have 2 years to pad stats before they move to the SEC tho, right?

Jarius
05-13-2022, 11:48 PM
He'll have 2 years to pad stats before they move to the SEC tho, right?

I mean yea if he doesn’t redshirt. Texas signs an elite quarterback every year though. I don’t expect that kid to be starting day 1 at any blue blood, but maybe he will. His uncle had to wait for an injury in 94 to start. I got to see him get his ass whooped in Starkville by Derrick Taite which was awesome. That was before Eric Moulds cucked him and Taite wouldn’t throw him the damn ball.

MoreCowbell
05-14-2022, 05:42 AM
He is a high 3 star maybe low 4 star if he had a different last name

FISHDAWG
05-14-2022, 07:02 AM

That's what I've been wondering... is it the Manning name or is he really that good as a sophomore and junior. Can't argue that the Genes are there but was Peyton and Eli recruited this hard when they were that young?

BrunswickDawg
05-14-2022, 09:18 AM
That's what I've been wondering... is it the Manning name or is he really that good as a sophomore and junior. Can't argue that the Genes are there but was Peyton and Eli recruited this hard when they were that young?
Peyton was as a junior, or at least he was covered by Mississippi news outlets like he was.
The day he committed to Tennessee I swear you could hear the cries of grief from Oxford all the way to Starkville.

TheLostDawg
05-14-2022, 09:35 AM

I'm sure you'll hear a lot more of this around Mississippi now. When old miss fans thought they had a chance, all I heard from them was how great the kid was.
Peyton wasn't the best but he put in the time. Does this kid have that discipline? I'm sure he has a good football iq and form?
Is he gifted, no clue?

OLJWales
05-14-2022, 11:22 AM

Never forget my first road trip from Fort Worth to Austin. Beautiful Hill Country that reminded me of SO-CAL but not a lot folks with any common sense.

basedog
05-14-2022, 11:29 AM
Arch Who and Who Cares.

AROB44
05-14-2022, 12:36 PM
Arch Who and Who Cares.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

OLJWales
05-14-2022, 12:53 PM
The only reason I'm interested is to witness another Suicide Watch / Melt amongst the Slave Owners. Was living in Memphis when Peyton went to UT and it was orgasmic even though I hate UT too. I actually hate everybody except STATE to different degrees but X 10M for Slavery U.

parabrave
05-14-2022, 01:00 PM
Never forget my first road trip from Fort Worth to Austin. Beautiful Hill Country that reminded me of SO-CAL but not a lot folks with any common sense.

Remember going to Austin back in 75. Then it was alot smaller. The Salt Lick was way out in the country and yes the town was full of long hairs.

Commercecomet24
05-14-2022, 01:16 PM
Arch Who and Who Cares.

100%! Yes!

lastmajordog
05-14-2022, 01:21 PM

I?ll believe the anointed one is not oxford bound when the ink is dry.

Coach34
05-14-2022, 01:34 PM
With NIL and the blue bloods getting bluer- I will be shocked if he goes to Grenada Without The Lake

BrunswickDawg
05-14-2022, 01:45 PM
Remember going to Austin back in 75. Then it was alot smaller. The Salt Lick was way out in the country and yes the town was full of long hairs.

The Salt Lick is still pretty middle of nowhere.

parabrave
05-14-2022, 01:54 PM
The Salt Lick is still pretty middle of nowhere.

Went there and watched the TCM a few weeks later.

Todd4State
05-14-2022, 07:19 PM
Peyton was as a junior, or at least he was covered by Mississippi news outlets like he was.
The day he committed to Tennessee I swear you could hear the cries of grief from Oxford all the way to Starkville.

For pre-Internet it was about as big as you could get. Ole Miss changed their entire offense to try to get him. When he committed to Tennessee their fans were burning Archie in effigy. It was a complete melt and freak out and I can only imagine what it would have been like today with social media. They literally hired Cutcliffe in part to get Eli.

With NIL and the blue bloods getting bluer- I will be shocked if he goes to Grenada Without The Lake

I will be too. It was never Ole Miss. He was going to LSU when they were high on Joe Burrow and coming off of the National Championship. But then since they tanked it has been Georgia, Texas, or Alabama. Georgia probably leads now but I'm not counting out Saban. They can offer a QB a million and they'll do it if they really want him.

Noxdog
05-14-2022, 08:00 PM
Well here is both.

With every fiber in my soul.

Love REM and B52, but that shitty song.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
05-15-2022, 12:03 AM
Another awesome band.

This is correct up to Life's Rich Pageant. After that...some good stuff but a lot of meh. Chronic Town is actually the best thing they released.

Todd4State
05-15-2022, 12:03 AM
With every fiber in my soul.

Love REM and B52, but that shitty song.

My two least favorite REM songs are Happy Shiny People and Everyone Hurts. Opposite ends of the spectrum.

msualohadog
05-15-2022, 09:52 AM
My two least favorite REM songs are Happy Shiny People and Everyone Hurts. Opposite ends of the spectrum.
True story. My son is in a fraternity at UGA. We were at a bar on a parent's weekend and End of the world played. I said this must be y'alls anthem. All the kids looked at me and said they'd never heard the song... Sacrilege.

Maroonthirteen
05-15-2022, 11:56 AM
For pre-Internet it was about as big as you could get. Ole Miss changed their entire offense to try to get him. him.

Huh?

When Peyton came out.... They fired Brewer because of the ncaa investigation. That investigation lingered. They had to hire an interim HC in Joe Lee Dunn until it settled. The reason Peyton didn't go there was because their football program was in complete disarray from the ncaa investigation.

parabrave
05-15-2022, 08:20 PM
True story. My son is in a fraternity at UGA. We were at a bar on a parent's weekend and End of the world played. I said this must be y'alls anthem. All the kids looked at me and said they'd never heard the song... Sacrilege.

My nephew is going to an Indians Tigers game. I told him he better brush up on his major league quotes. He asked me what was "Major League", Thats sacrilege.

starkvegasdawg
05-15-2022, 09:43 PM
My nephew is going to an Indians Tigers game. I told him he better brush up on his major league quotes. He asked me what was "Major League", Thats sacrilege.

That hurts the soul.

That ball wouldn't have been out of a lot of parks.

Name one.

Yellowstone.

BeardoMSU
05-15-2022, 09:47 PM

Is your nephew's name Roger Dorn, by chance?***

Coach34
05-15-2022, 10:02 PM
You put snot on the ball?

Todd4State
05-15-2022, 10:06 PM
Huh?

When Peyton came out.... They fired Brewer because of the ncaa investigation. That investigation lingered. They had to hire an interim HC in Joe Lee Dunn until it settled. The reason Peyton didn't go there was because their football program was in complete disarray from the ncaa investigation.

Actually, Ole Miss being Ole Miss fought the NCAA and ended up having to fire Brewer in I think July before the 1994 season. Peyton had signed with Tennessee that February. You're right that Peyton didn't go there because they were in dissarray. I'm also right that they changed their entire offensive scheme to try to get him. Larry Kueck was the Ole Miss OC and was there for the 1993 season with Brewer.

yjnkdawg
05-15-2022, 11:12 PM
I?ll believe the anointed one is not oxford bound when the ink is dry.

OM needs Arch but Arch does not need OM. OM has never been in the running in reality because OM can not provide what Arch and the Mannings are looking for.

yjnkdawg
05-15-2022, 11:21 PM

The OM Network got Cutcliffe to make sure they didn't miss out on Eli. After Eli left then they had no use for Cutcliffe. He didn't like the way The Network operated as he wanted to do recruiting the right way.

yjnkdawg
05-15-2022, 11:28 PM
But then since they tanked it has been Georgia, Texas, or Alabama. Georgia probably leads now but I'm not counting out Saban. They can offer a QB a million and they'll do it if they really want him.

Georgia was leading way back when and some on here were freaking out that he was going to OM and that OM was going to get Cutcliffe back in some capacity on the staff.

yjnkdawg
05-16-2022, 12:06 AM
I don't see where loyalty, or the highest bidder has anything to do on which school Arch chooses. The Manning's want him to go to a school where the football program can compete for National Championships and for him to be developed to be the best that he can be at the next level after college. So whichever school can best provide that, in the Manning's evaluations, is where I would say he will go.

parabrave
05-16-2022, 12:46 AM
You put snot on the ball?

no but I will be getting him a bucket of chicken. and warn him of hot milfs.

Todd4State
05-16-2022, 12:49 AM
I don't see where loyalty, or the highest bidder has anything to do on which school Arch chooses. The Manning's want him to go to a school where the football program can compete for National Championships and for him to be developed to be the best that he can be at the next level after college. So whichever school can best provide that, in the Manning's evaluations, is where I would say he will go.

Which is why I think he ends up at Alabama.