PDA

View Full Version : 2 things today....

Thick
11-23-2013, 04:27 PM
TR still holds the ball too long, and JRob is getting completely hosed by Mullen!

TR threw 2 passes today that cost us points. He throws the ball when the receiver has already come out of his break, not when he's about to break. He missed Lewis in the end zone because of that forcing Lewis to catch it a yard out of the zone. He threw a pick today because he did the same thing to Holloway who was three steps behind his defender. That pick was converted into 6 pts.

It amazes me how after 5 years, he still struggles with timing patterns. He plays well at times, but he does just enough to screw us in various situations.

JRob, continues to impress. Runs with power, shoulders square, numbers over his feet, and always down hill. It's completely mind boggling why this kid continues to get screwed week after week.

OldFatDog
11-23-2013, 04:30 PM
TR still holds the ball too long, and JRob is getting completely hosed by Mullen!

TR threw 2 passes today that cost us points. He throws the ball when the receiver has already come out of his break, not when he's about to break. He missed Lewis in the end zone because of that forcing Lewis to catch it a yard out of the zone. He threw a pick today because he did the same thing to Holloway who was three steps behind his defender. That pick was converted into 6 pts.

It amazes me how after 5 years, he still struggles with timing patterns. He plays well at times, but he does just enough to screw us in various situations.

He also put two deep balls right smack on the money that were both dropped, one in the end zone and one on the two yard line. But that doesn't fit the narrative.

HoopsDawg
11-23-2013, 04:34 PM
One other thing, Wilson needs to learn how to push off without extending his arms. He did the same thing against LSU.

maroonmania
11-23-2013, 04:37 PM
He throws the ball when the receiver has already come out of his break, not when he's about to break. He missed Lewis in the end zone because of that forcing Lewis to catch it a yard out of the zone. He threw a pick today because he did the same thing to Holloway who was three steps behind his defender. That pick was converted into 6 pts.

This is the reason Russell has ZERO chance to make the NFL unless someone can teach him this after he leaves college. I've always said that. Russell will not throw to a guy unless he already SEES him open. He never throws to a spot anticipating the WR to make a break and be there when the ball arrives. If you do that in the pros and throw late the DBs there will close and pick you off routinely.

blacklistedbully
11-23-2013, 04:39 PM
He also put two deep balls right smack on the money that were both dropped, one in the end zone and one on the two yard line. But that doesn't fit the narrative.

Doesn't fit the narrative? Are you kidding? The fact that TR threw a couple of perfect passes that were dropped certainly does not make up for what Thick pointed out. TR is absolutely holding the ball way too long, and is throwing the ball way too late. You have to know there are many more instances where this has cost us than what we see on TV. We only know about the ones where they are pointed out by announcers, or where the target in question is thrown to. It doesn't include the ones where other WR's may be open, but never thrown to.

Thick is correct.

HoopsDawg
11-23-2013, 04:40 PM
This is the reason Russell has ZERO chance to make the NFL unless someone can teach him this after he leaves college. I've always said that. Russell will not throw to a guy unless he already SEES him open. He never throws to a spot anticipating the WR to make a break and be there when the ball arrives. If you do that in the pros and throw late the DBs there will close and pick you off routinely.

You have to take into account he has been playing in a Dan Mullen offense.

Thick
11-23-2013, 04:42 PM

If you want to go toe to toe with me....come on! On second and four today the line blocked out (creating the pocket) he kept dropping back instead of stepping up in the pocket, and took a 10 yard sack! Stepping up in the pocket is a routine recognition by a 5th year QB....Mullen chewed his ass for it too.

I'm glad he started, but he hurts us at times as much as he helps. After 5 years, he should be the least of our worries position wise, but his decision making still demands criticism.

msstate7
11-23-2013, 04:43 PM
One other thing, Wilson needs to learn how to push off without extending his arms. He did the same thing against LSU.

You gotta get your elbows in the defenders back and use them

OldFatDog
11-23-2013, 04:57 PM
If you want to go toe to toe with me....come on! On second and four today the line blocked out (creating the pocket) he kept dropping back instead of stepping up in the pocket, and took a 10 yard sack! Stepping up in the pocket is a routine recognition by a 5th year QB....Mullen chewed his ass for it too.

I'm glad he started, but he hurts us at times as much as he helps. After 5 years, he should be the least of our worries position wise, but his decision making still demands criticism.

Nope, I don't want to go toe to toe with you. You would kick my ass, I'm sure of that. Just think that you could have mixed in a positive comment or two regarding Tyler. He threw for 270 yards and two TDs. He has busted his ass for MSU for 5 years. I'm not disagreeing with your points just pointing out some things he did good. And that is not the narrative for most of the people on this board.

Coach34
11-23-2013, 05:06 PM
Wtf did Robinson do to e suspended for the 1st half is what I want to know...

Thick
11-23-2013, 05:26 PM
Nope, I don't want to go toe to toe with you. You would kick my ass, I'm sure of that. Just think that you could have mixed in a positive comment or two regarding Tyler. He threw for 270 yards and two TDs. He has busted his ass for MSU for 5 years. I'm not disagreeing with your points just pointing out some things he did good. And that is not the narrative for most of the people on this board.

Dude, I'm not kicking anybody's ass. I'm talking about a 5th year senior that still struggles with timing patterns, and that costs us points just like playing Milton fumbling at the one cost us. The difference is TR should know the routes better then the WRs, and should definitely know when to throw it.....no excuses! Yes he threw for 270 and 2 TDs, but he should have thrown 3 TDs and one less INT. That would have put the game out of reach....no OT.

HoopsDawg
11-23-2013, 05:34 PM
Wtf did Robinson do to e suspended for the 1st half is what I want to know...

Do suspended players stand on the sidelines with their helmet on and chin strap buckled up? It looked like a coaches decision to me which would be mind-boggling.

basedog
11-23-2013, 05:35 PM
Who cares? We won the game and Russell played good enough for us to win!

Enjoy.

Coach34
11-23-2013, 05:37 PM
Yes they do- Robinson was out for the 1st half

Notice he got 17 carries and didnt come out in the 2nd half

HoopsDawg
11-23-2013, 05:40 PM
Yes they do- Robinson was out for the 1st half

Notice he got 17 carries and didnt come out in the 2nd half

Only because Perkins was hurt and Milton fumbled. Having said that, he probably missed a class or something.

Thick
11-23-2013, 05:49 PM
Some of you guys need to take yourselves to Gene's house. This board has a bunch of sunshine pumping, no accountability holding, glass half full, mediocrity accepting, jackasses that need to be culled out so the grown ups can have candid conversations without the silliness of grade school girls interrupting with their panties in a wad!

If this post upsets you, then get the **** out, because it was directed toward you.

Original48
11-23-2013, 05:51 PM
So did Damian Williams vs Alabama.

engie
11-23-2013, 05:56 PM
Some of you guys need to take yourselves to Gene's house. This board has a bunch of sunshine pumping, no accountability holding, glass half full, mediocrity accepting, jackasses that need to be culled out so the grown ups can have candid conversations without the silliness of grade school girls interrupting with their panties in a wad!

If this post upsets you, then get the **** out, because it was directed toward you.

Agreed...

I'm glad we "survived" today -- but there were SO MANY coaching and personnel mistakes today, I don't even really know where to begin...

FlabLoser
11-23-2013, 06:02 PM
J Rob is awesome.

Per HailState, this was our first SEC overtime win ever.

ShotgunDawg
11-23-2013, 06:04 PM
Agreed...

I'm glad we "survived" today -- but there were SO MANY coaching and personnel mistakes today, I don't even really know where to begin...

And following the Egg Bowl, we should post everyday for the changes we want Mullen to make. Mullen needs to be pressured to make changes.

It should be a daily thread, starting Friday.

RougeDawg
11-23-2013, 06:23 PM
Agreed...

Glad to have you on board with reality.

Those of us in the stands today kept sayin we have the wrong players in for the specific play calls. Nothing ever matches up. We have complete moron coaches.

OldFatDog
11-23-2013, 06:33 PM

Interesting. By "grown ups having candid conversations" do you mean that only people echoing you can participate? Yeah, that's pretty grown up. I never disagreed with your point. Just added some info from a different perspective. Kind of like grown ups do. Damn, for such a tough guy, you are mighty damn sensitive.

gravedigger
11-23-2013, 06:35 PM
Is it just the fact that he didn't play that you base that or has someone officially stated he was suspended?

Tbonewannabe
11-23-2013, 06:38 PM
And following the Egg Bowl, we should post everyday for the changes we want Mullen to make. Mullen needs to be pressured to make changes.

It should be a daily thread, starting Friday.

Can I just post Special Teams every Friday?

Thick
11-23-2013, 07:48 PM
Interesting. By "grown ups having candid conversations" do you mean that only people echoing you can participate? Yeah, that's pretty grown up. I never disagreed with your point. Just added some info from a different perspective. Kind of like grown ups do. Damn, for such a tough guy, you are mighty damn sensitive.

No just grown ups that can handle constructive criticism, not some feel good guys who love winning 6 games a year vs shit/cupcake opponents.

I'm not sensitive toward your views. I just think a 5th year QB should know when to throw the ball. You, apparently, are not fortunate enough to understand that, but I'm ok with it.

Like I said, if you are threatened by my post, then you must be who it was directed at....not my problem!

Noxdog
11-23-2013, 07:53 PM
Thick, I think I have read where in the past you played? Round bout what years? If none of my business no problem.

Thick
11-23-2013, 07:56 PM
Thick, I think I have read where in the past you played? Round bout what years? If none of my business no problem.

The dark years of Felker and initial with JWS.

Noxdog
11-23-2013, 07:58 PM
Thanks. Just wondered. At least you got a bowl game out of it.

Coach34
11-23-2013, 08:42 PM
Is it just the fact that he didn't play that you base that or has someone officially stated he was suspended?

He missed most of the practices this week- he was out for the 1st half