PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Recruits

ZedFedder
05-13-2022, 08:42 AM
Anybody willing to put a percentage on some of these guys making it to State? I know some are likely gone.

Jurrangelo Cijnte
Jett Williams
Ross Highfill
Bradley Loftin
Colby Holcombe
Dakota Jordan

Any others?

Todd4State
05-13-2022, 08:51 AM
Anybody willing to put a percentage on some of these guys making it to State? I know some are likely gone.

Jurrangelo Cijnte
Jett Williams
Ross Highfill
Bradley Loftin
Colby Holcombe
Dakota Jordan

Any others?

Cijnte- 50%
Williams- 5%
Highfill- 70%
Loftin- 90%
Holcombe- 75%
Jordan- 60%

BeardoMSU
05-13-2022, 08:54 AM
Cijnte- 50%
Williams- 5%
Highfill- 70%
Loftin- 90%
Holcombe- 75%
Jordan- 60%

What type of impact will the guys who do show up have?

CaptainObvious
05-13-2022, 09:03 AM

My guess: immediate talent upgrade!!!

Coach34
05-13-2022, 09:21 AM
Loftin- 90%

According to somebody extremely close to the situation- this number is more like 55%

MoreCowbell
05-13-2022, 10:59 AM
Are these going pro percentages or signing with someone else or both

Todd4State
05-13-2022, 11:08 AM
According to somebody extremely close to the situation- this number is more like 55%

We'll see. If his asking price is what you say it is it's not matching up with where he is ranked. So it would have to be a "team really likes him" situation which does happen sometimes.

Commercecomet24
05-13-2022, 11:09 AM
I'll take a shot but this predicting what baseball players will do is even more iffy than undecided football players will sign. It's like trying to predict exactly where a hurrican is gonna go, lol. I've seen kids take a 10k signing bonus and not play college ball. A 10th round pick may get 2nd round type signing bonus money based on what a team pays earlier draft picks, just so many variables. Here's my guess though:

Cijnte-50%
Williams-10%
Highfill-80%
Loftin-60%
Holcombe-80%
Jordan-50%

Todd4State
05-13-2022, 11:13 AM

If Jordan and Highfill come I expect them to start right away or at least contend for a starting spot.

With our pitching situation being what it is I would expect those three to contend for spots on the staff- at least Pico type production. Holcombe of course I expect to contend for a weekend or closer role.

I usually have pretty cautious expectations for any freshman or even a JUCO. Usually there are a couple like Hunter Hines and Pico that contribute right away. Just impossible to know until the lights come on.

Coach34
05-13-2022, 11:25 AM
We'll see. If his asking price is what you say it is it's not matching up with where he is ranked. So it would have to be a "team really likes him" situation which does happen sometimes.

Comes down to where he is drafted. People are looking at early to mid-2nd and that makes it iffy. If he lasts until Round 3 then he's very likely a Bulldog

Homedawg
05-13-2022, 11:28 AM
If Jordan and Highfill come I expect them to start right away or at least contend for a starting spot.

With our pitching situation being what it is I would expect those three to contend for spots on the staff- at least Pico type production. Holcombe of course I expect to contend for a weekend or closer role.

I usually have pretty cautious expectations for any freshman or even a JUCO. Usually there are a couple like Hunter Hines and Pico that contribute right away. Just impossible to know until the lights come on.
Highfill isn't ready to be a starter..... yet. Saw him several times. And for those wondering about him signing, there wasn't a single scout at any of the games I saw him play. Not one. I'm sure he has been seen plenty. But it's pretty telling when there isn't one. For example, there were bundles of scouts at one of Jordan's recent games.

KOdawg1
05-13-2022, 11:58 AM
Highfill isn't ready to be a starter..... yet. Saw him several times. And for those wondering about him signing, there wasn't a single scout at any of the games I saw him play. Not one. I'm sure he has been seen plenty. But it's pretty telling when there isn't one. For example, there were bundles of scouts at one of Jordan's recent games.

Gotta get a transfer then. Grey Bane ain't the answer.

Commercecomet24
05-13-2022, 12:06 PM

I agree with this. I've seen him play a couple of times and think he will be a very good player for us, but it's probably gonna take him a year, although he may get thrown into action next year and learn on the job.

Tripp McNeely
05-13-2022, 01:12 PM
I agree with this. I've seen him play a couple of times and think he will be a very good player for us, but it's probably gonna take him a year, although he may get thrown into action next year and learn on the job.

A year of Sitting behind Hancock would be ideal!

Commercecomet24
05-13-2022, 01:35 PM

I would take that. Be nice if Luke would come back for one more.

Todd4State
05-13-2022, 02:13 PM

If he does start I fully expect there to be a learning curve. And it may be that he starts midweek games like Hancock is pretty much doing now. If Hancock doesn't come back and we don't get a transfer from the portal then I fully expect him to start.

Homedawg
05-13-2022, 02:31 PM
Gotta get a transfer then. Grey Bane ain't the answer.

Yep or keep Hancock. Which I don't know how possible that is but they want to

Homedawg
05-13-2022, 02:32 PM
If he does start I fully expect there to be a learning curve. And it may be that he starts midweek games like Hancock is pretty much doing now. If Hancock doesn't come back and we don't get a transfer from the portal then I fully expect him to start.

We have to keep Hancock or get one in the portal. Have to.

Commercecomet24
05-13-2022, 02:59 PM
Yep or keep Hancock. Which I don't know how possible that is but they want to

Keeping Luke would be big. I have no idea how likely that is though.

Saltydog
05-14-2022, 12:00 AM
Chances of that happening are slim. Luke is very likely gone. He started not to come back this year and considering what this year is like and with the way next year appears to be shaking up i think it makes those chances even slimmer.

Cooterpoot
05-14-2022, 04:47 AM
I can't see Hancock coming back. Jordan has some swing stuff to work out but has a high ceiling. Highfill was overhyped a bit offensively, but is a good athlete. If we can't get good transfers, we're screwed next year. We missed on a couple good MS hitters and arms too.

somebodyshotmypaw
05-14-2022, 09:38 AM
Arigold said he talked to a respected high school coach and that no MSU high school commitments from Mississippi are draft risks. That includes Highfill, Loftin, and Dakota Jordan. I don’t agree, but that’s what was said.