PDA

View Full Version : Transfer portal

msstate7
05-08-2022, 03:51 PM
Our seasons next year in basketball and baseball are basically dependent on it now. This is a bad spot to be in

HoopsDawg
05-08-2022, 04:48 PM
Our seasons next year in basketball and baseball are basically dependent on it now. This is a bad spot to be in

Baseball-true.

Basketball- it's the name of the game now.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-09-2022, 02:57 PM
Basketball portal may be the reason we make the tourney next year.

PGHBulldogBG
05-09-2022, 03:13 PM
If Jans makes the tournament next year with the team he has now he should get coach of the year and that means we are in for a good number of years of basketball with him as our HC

msstate7
05-09-2022, 03:16 PM
Basketball portal may be the reason we make the tourney next year.

Man, you've been confident through out, so that is comforting

Ifyouonlyknew
05-09-2022, 03:46 PM
If Jans makes the tournament next year with the team he has now he should get coach of the year and that means we are in for a good number of years of basketball with him as our HC

That’s why they’re allowed to fill the roster out.

NCMSTFAN
05-10-2022, 11:14 AM
That’s why they’re allowed to fill the roster out.

Jans still has a lot of holes to fill and I've seen players that we had on our radar go elsewhere. We had Isiaih Mosley on campus this weekend. He is considered the best pure scorer in the portal by alot of people, he is 6'5 averaged 20.4 ppg 6.2 rebs on 50.4% shooting. If Jans can get him on board my recruiting questions about him will stop. Its going to be tough though because Duke, Kansas, Texas and a bunch of other schools are after him.

We are also in Xavier Pinsons final three, do you know of any other players we are close to signing?

Ifyouonlyknew
05-10-2022, 12:01 PM
Jans still has a lot of holes to fill and I've seen players that we had on our radar go elsewhere. We had Isiaih Mosley on campus this weekend. He is considered the best pure scorer in the portal by alot of people, he is 6'5 averaged 20.4 ppg 6.2 rebs on 50.4% shooting. If Jans can get him on board my recruiting questions about him will stop. Its going to be tough though because Duke, Kansas, Texas and a bunch of other schools are after him.

We are also in Xavier Pinsons final three, do you know of any other players we are close to signing?

We don’t have as many spots available as people think.

msstate7
05-10-2022, 12:12 PM

Should I take this as some guys are coming back or we have some guys committed just not publicly?

NCMSTFAN
05-10-2022, 12:37 PM

Molinar can still technically come back, the only other people it could be is Jeffries or Moore? Moore looks to be heading to Maryland or Seton Hall, Garcia, JD, Fountain and Cam all committed elsewhere. Give us some insight

NCMSTFAN
05-10-2022, 12:59 PM
I take that back, Molinar signed with an agent so he can't come back. So that leaves Jeffries and potentially Moore but he looks like he is about to sign with Maryland or Seton Hall. Do we have some guys already committed that haven't been announced yet?

Ifyouonlyknew
05-10-2022, 02:18 PM
Molinar can still technically come back, the only other people it could be is Jeffries or Moore? Moore looks to be heading to Maryland or Seton Hall, Garcia, JD, Fountain and Cam all committed elsewhere. Give us some insight

Like I said there’s not as many spots available that people think. It will all come out in the next few weeks. We will be fine I’ll just say that.

Homedawg
05-10-2022, 03:11 PM
dj and moore are both possible

NCMSTFAN
05-10-2022, 03:19 PM

I'd take Moore back, he was good for us last year but he has a lot of teams wanting him including Florida. DJ didn't live up to the hype, if he returns maybe Jans can get more out of him.

CaptainObvious
05-10-2022, 03:23 PM
I'd take Moore back, he was good for us last year but he has a lot of teams wanting him including Florida. DJ didn't live up to the hype, if he returns maybe Jans can get more out of him.

Not sure Even Jan?s can fix DJ. DJ thinks he is a 5?10? 160 lb. Guard trying to slash to the goal.

msstate7
05-10-2022, 03:34 PM

This would be nice.

StarkVegasSteve
05-10-2022, 03:59 PM
Not sure Even Jan?s can fix DJ. DJ thinks he is a 5?10? 160 lb. Guard trying to slash to the goal.

You have to also realize that Jans might use him in a different way. I always thought that a PJ Tucker 3 and D role would be perfect for Jeffries. He has the speed and enough size to play the 4 if you wanted to go small but also could play as a 2 or a 3 if you went big. I think Jans will be able to unlock him. Like I said I am not looking for him to be the primary scorer, but a guy who can hit 3s at a 35% clip and give us some solid defensive minutes.

KOdawg1
05-10-2022, 04:24 PM
Get DJ and Moore back.

Go land Isaiah Mosley from Missouri St.

Then let's go dancing

NCMSTFAN
05-10-2022, 05:37 PM
Get DJ and Moore back.

Then let's go dancing

If this were to happen we will be really good..We had a good team on paper last year but Howland just couldn't put it together. Mosley is the intriguing one, he has all the big boys after him but maybe he picks a team like us... an SEC program that's not a blue blood but is Power 5 and plays in a great conference. He could come in and be the man right away. We had him on campus this weekend so he is at least considering us

Ifyouonlyknew
05-10-2022, 11:02 PM
Get DJ and Moore back.

Then let's go dancing

Shak has removed his name from the portal. That’s 1.

EdwardDrayton
05-11-2022, 05:53 AM
So presumably Shak entered the portal to upgrade his situation (NIL deal, playing time, program with a better tourney chance, etc etc). We presumably hit the portal to try and upgrade as well.

Apparently neither side was successful.

So far can not say it seems we are in a better place with the roster but will wait to see how it plays out.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-11-2022, 06:37 AM
So presumably Shak entered the portal to upgrade his situation (NIL deal, playing time, program with a better tourney chance, etc etc). We presumably hit the portal to try and upgrade as well.

Apparently neither side was successful.

So far can not say it seems we are in a better place with the roster but will wait to see how it plays out.

We never wanted Shak to leave.

NCMSTFAN
05-11-2022, 06:38 AM
So Shak is staying, Jans said in an interview yesterday that he is actively trying to get DJ to stay also so it sounds like we will keep them both. I like that we are keeping Shak, I don't think any there are many PG's available that's better, I'm not overly excited about DJ but maybe he turns the corner. That still gives us 3 more scholarships, if we can get Mosley and add another piece or 2 we will have a good roster. A long big to spare Tolu or compliment him would be nice, we don't have alot of low post scoring outside of him right now. Mcnair isn't a big scorer and we don't know how good Murphy will be yet.

KOdawg1
05-11-2022, 07:14 AM
So Shak is staying, Jans said in an interview yesterday that he is actively trying to get DJ to stay also so it sounds like we will keep them both. I like that we are keeping Shak, I don't think any there are many PG's available that's better, I'm not overly excited about DJ but maybe he turns the corner. That still gives us 3 more scholarships, if we can get Mosley and add another piece or 2 we will have a good roster. A long big to spare Tolu or compliment him would be nice, we don't have alot of low post scoring outside of him right now. Mcnair isn't a big scorer and we don't know how good Murphy will be yet.
I could be wrong, but I see Shak starting at the 2 with Davis (transfer from Oregon St) starting at PG. Then you'd have Reed backing up both spots and getting a good amount of playing time too.

NCMSTFAN
05-11-2022, 08:10 AM
I could be wrong, but I see Shak starting at the 2 with Davis (transfer from Oregon St) starting at PG. Then you'd have Reed backing up both spots and getting a good amount of playing time too.

You may be right, Shak can play both gaurd positions so it wouldn't surprise me if he started at the 2. He can also handle the ball and shoot it pretty well. He is a tough nosed guy that Jans likes to recruit so I think he will fit in well with Jans' style of play

Ifyouonlyknew
05-11-2022, 08:36 AM

Depends on how we fill that last spot or 2. It could go a couple different ways.

EdwardDrayton
05-11-2022, 03:10 PM
We never wanted Shak to leave.

So we thought he would stay in the end and thus did not actively pursue anyone to fill the spot?

Ifyouonlyknew
05-11-2022, 03:50 PM
So we thought he would stay in the end and thus did not actively pursue anyone to fill the spot?

No we pursued him just as hard or harder than guys who weren’t on the team last year.

EdwardDrayton
05-11-2022, 06:05 PM
No we pursued him just as hard or harder than guys who weren’t on the team last year.

Hmmmm, think I am beginning to see the light IYOK. The new dawn of how to get players back out of the portal.

BuckyIsAB****
05-11-2022, 06:28 PM

OM football is squarely in this boat and folks on here have already conceded to them

PGHBulldogBG
05-11-2022, 06:45 PM
OM football is squarely in this boat and folks on here have already conceded to them

I fully understand conceding to Bama and UGA because the talent gap is just too large, but we should not be conceding to any other teams with the potential we have this year.

msstate7
05-11-2022, 07:43 PM

They seem to be able to do the first part - get the players. Now comes the part that will define their season - mold em into a team or not

Pancho
05-11-2022, 08:09 PM
Ca$h is plentiful

Cowbell
05-11-2022, 08:22 PM
They seem to be able to do the first part - get the players. Now comes the part that will define their season - mold em into a team or not

They are somehow ranked #13 in preseason polls

Jarius
05-12-2022, 01:52 PM

The quarterback they brought in to replace Corral this spring couldn't beat that shit show the whole world saw trying to play quarterback against Baylor. They are a long way from being worth a shit, much less beating us in 2022. They lost 18 starters. Kiffin went 5-7 in Conference USA just a few years ago. The idea that he is some sort of mini Nick Saban is hilarious to me. He inherited an extremely good quarterback at Ole Miss and now he's gone.

State82
05-12-2022, 02:19 PM
He inherited an extremely good quarterback at Ole Miss and now he's gone.

Yeah, life without Corral behind center could pose some difficulties.

PGHBulldogBG
05-12-2022, 02:41 PM
I expect Ole Miss and Miss State to both be 8-4 at the end of the season. They have more raw talent, but we have the more experienced developed team. We also have to play the two top teams in the East while they get Vandy. I think the difference will be they beat Vandy while we lose to UGA but then we win the Egg Bowl. We both lose to Bama, aTm, while they lose @Ark and we lose @LSU. Although that is the Dan Mullen 8-4 season. The Leach 8-4 season might beat LSU and aTm but lose to Auburn and Arizona