PDA

View Full Version : Fan-Collective NIL for Baseball

Cowbell
05-08-2022, 02:58 PM
Guys I really think we as fans need to take charge on some of this NIL stuff. Does anybody on here, maybe homedog, understand If we could collectively use a foundation or some type of nonprofit to sponsor these kids. Hear me out. If somebody trustworthy were to run this I would be more than happy to contribute. $100 per person would add up really quick. Just think if we can get 15,000 fans to donate $100 that's 1.5 million that we can split among the roster players. That would be a really cool bonus. That could be collected over one weekend of baseball pretty easy - I would even be willing just to mail mine in as I live out of state. I will pay a lot of money as an insurance policy so not to have to watch us play like what I've seen this weekend. Is there anything to stop us from doing something like this?

Saltydog
05-08-2022, 03:04 PM
From what I can tell the rules surrounding the NIL are almost impossible to regulate so I'm guessing something could be done. I'd be willing to ante up. We've got to get more talent on campus IMMEDIATELY.

Cowbell
05-08-2022, 03:30 PM
From what I can tell the rules surrounding the NIL are almost impossible to regulate so I'm guessing something could be done. I'd be willing to ante up. We've got to get more talent on campus IMMEDIATELY.

This is my thought as well. And we need to get something done in the next 60 days I think to get them to campus by fall.

Mjoelner34
05-08-2022, 03:40 PM
May be too late to try this.

https://saturdaytradition.com/big-ten-football/report-deals-through-collectives-could-result-in-meetings-with-ncaa-enforcement-for-student-athletes/

Activated Alpha
05-08-2022, 04:07 PM
I would pony up

Cowbell
05-08-2022, 04:48 PM
May be too late to try this.

https://saturdaytradition.com/big-ten-football/report-deals-through-collectives-could-result-in-meetings-with-ncaa-enforcement-for-student-athletes/

Honestly, there can be no repercussions from this at this time because there are no rules to enforce it yet

Todd4State
05-08-2022, 05:39 PM
Charlie Winfield has one going called The Bulldog Initiative LLC

https://twitter.com/BulldogNIL

I plan on donating to this one.

I want to talk to him when I have time about it.

I wonder if MSU can automatically donate 100 dollars from everyone that buys season tickets to the NIL through their season ticket sales? Have a section when you buy season tickets what the money is being used for so people are aware of what the money is going to so we're transparent and also have it where people can donate more on top of that. I would buy baseball season tickets if that was the case.

The Federalist Engineer
05-08-2022, 06:10 PM
I would pay $150 for personal 30 min Q&A with a coach. I would even sign an NDA.

Or even a baseball banquet talking about recruiting, the season, and next year would worth 150. They can even serve hotdogs and BYOB (bring your own bourbon)

It would really be fun to try and hit a 97 mph fastball from Mikey Tepper. 15 pitches, $10 per pitch

Todd4State
05-08-2022, 06:46 PM
I would pay $150 for personal 30 min Q&A with a coach. I would even sign an NDA.

Or even a baseball banquet talking about recruiting, the season, and next year would worth 150. They can even serve hotdogs and BYOB (bring your own bourbon)

It would really be fun to try and hit a 97 mph fastball from Mikey Tepper. 15 pitches, $10 per pitch

I really like those ideas.

Except I don't know if I want to face one of our pitchers after some of the comments I've made this year. I'll probably have to just wear at least one.

StarkVegasSteve
05-08-2022, 06:49 PM

I have personally excommunicated a minimum of 4 pitchers from our university so far this season. I have a feeling at least 6 of those pitches would be hunting an ear hole.

EdwardDrayton
05-08-2022, 06:57 PM
Better do it quick. Sankey and the Pac 12 commish already trying to get Congress to regulate it nationally.

Homedawg
05-08-2022, 07:10 PM
Guys I really think we as fans need to take charge on some of this NIL stuff. Does anybody on here, maybe homedog, understand If we could collectively use a foundation or some type of nonprofit to sponsor these kids. Hear me out. If somebody trustworthy were to run this I would be more than happy to contribute. $100 per person would add up really quick. Just think if we can get 15,000 fans to donate $100 that's 1.5 million that we can split among the roster players. That would be a really cool bonus. That could be collected over one weekend of baseball pretty easy - I would even be willing just to mail mine in as I live out of state. I will pay a lot of money as an insurance policy so not to have to watch us play like what I've seen this weekend. Is there anything to stop us from doing something like this?

Bulldog initiative... go

Coach34
05-08-2022, 07:10 PM
We'd all be ok vs PFS. He couldnt hit water if he fell out of a boat

Cowbell
05-08-2022, 08:41 PM

These are really good ideas

EdwardDrayton
05-08-2022, 09:31 PM

Cash in hand. Where do I sign up?!!!!?

The Federalist Engineer
05-08-2022, 10:45 PM
Another idea, my wife has forced me to go on vacations with her Bunco night friends. I have enough time served in 2021 and 2022 to attend a MSU baseball fantasy camp for a few days. I'm talking grown man camp.

(1) Help us get good for Corporate Softball
(2) Get coached up by Geautreau to hit bombs
(3) Get to see legit curve balls like a real 12-6 - and try to hit them
(4) Get to play in the Dude

Seriously, Duke offers exactly this: https://kacademy.com/wp-content/uploads/2019-Champions-1024.jpg

Major league baseball fantasy camp costs $3K.

If MSU accounting department plays ball, that $3K can be a straight donation for the participants. Like, they buy all the SWAG from NIL participants, hotel at NIL participant, food from NIL vendors, etc.

Todd4State
05-08-2022, 11:19 PM
Another idea, my wife has forced me to go on vacations with her Bunco night friends. I have enough time served in 2021 and 2022 to attend a MSU baseball fantasy camp for a few days. I'm talking grown man camp.

(1) Help us get good for Corporate Softball
(2) Get coached up by Geautreau to hit bombs
(3) Get to see legit curve balls like a real 12-6 - and try to hit them
(4) Get to play in the Dude

Seriously, Duke offers exactly this: https://kacademy.com/wp-content/uploads/2019-Champions-1024.jpg

Major league baseball fantasy camp costs $3K.

If MSU accounting department plays ball, that $3K can be a straight donation for the participants. Like, they buy all the SWAG from NIL participants, hotel at NIL participant, food from NIL vendors, etc.

A MSU fantasy baseball camp would be a guaranteed sell out. That's another great idea.

Leeshouldveflanked
05-09-2022, 06:46 AM
Cohen isnt going to push the envelope on anything. His focus will be on cost cutting.

Pancho
05-09-2022, 04:06 PM
where is he currently planning to cut costs?

confucius say
05-11-2022, 10:30 PM
Cohen isnt going to push the envelope on anything. His focus will be on cost cutting.

The exact opposite actually.

The school can't arrange or contribute money to these collectives like The Bulldog Initiative. But Cohen is on board with them.

Reach out to Charlie, he is taking donations. You can even request your money be allocated to a certain position or player. There is really no reason we all shouldn't give 100-200 dollars at least. Probably a couple of times a year. We can all spare $25 a month.

Commercecomet24
05-11-2022, 10:45 PM

The school can't arrange or contribute money to these collectives like The Bulldog Initiative. But Cohen is on board with them.

Reach out to Charlie, he is taking donations. You can even request your money be allocated to a certain position or player. There is really no reason we all shouldn't give 100-200 dollars at least. Probably a couple of times a year. We can all spare $25 a month.

This exactly! Thank you for bringing this up!

AROB44
05-12-2022, 04:57 AM

Don't know about $25 a month.....we must have the poorest alumni base in the country. You would think the best job our graduates get are at fast food joints.

Leeshouldveflanked
05-12-2022, 06:51 AM
NIL Status Feb 1 2022. Texas AM NIL collective $25 Million. Ole Miss 3 major NIL collectives. MSU efforts are not yet as organized and MSU Boosters are still trying to galvanize and understand everything in a legal way. Who should be organizing MSU Boosters and helping them understand everything in a legal way?

Pancho
05-12-2022, 07:07 AM
Go ahead and fill us in sir. And explain Mr. Cohen's role in cutting overall costs, since you brought it up.

confucius say
05-12-2022, 03:36 PM
Don't know about $25 a month.....we must have the poorest alumni base in the country. You would think the best job our graduates get are at fast food joints.

We've got a few that have already pledged 6 figures.

There is really no reason we can't get 50k people to bankdraft $25 a month. That would be 15 million a year.

Homedawg
05-12-2022, 03:59 PM
We've got a few that have already pledged 6 figures.

There is really no reason we can't get 50k people to bankdraft $25 a month. That would be 15 million a year.
That's $300 a year. We don't have 50k that give $100 a year to the bdc. So that's quite ambitious.

State82
05-12-2022, 05:53 PM
That's $300 a year. We don't have 50k that give $100 a year to the bdc. So that's quite ambitious.

Yeah, that isn't going to happen. Needs to but it won't at that level.

CaptainObvious
05-12-2022, 06:53 PM
I think you will be surprised at how many fans will not give anything for NIL. There are 1000?s pulling away from College Athletics now because the amateurism is gone. Watch and see how hard it will be for grassroots fans of a school with no Medical School or Law School to get on board. First they were priced out of taking their family to games. Then for those who have a little expendable income, they got priced out of their seats. Close Parking is getting cost prohibitive. The product on the field and court has been less than pleasing except for one memorable baseball season where the average State fan mortgaged their homes to with was history. I can afford to go, but I only went to one football game, 2 basketball games and 2 weekend baseball series this year. I know most of y?all are 6 figure plus income earners and have money to burn, but the average Joe Fan of MSU never earned more that $70,000 in a year, maybe $100,000 as two wage earner families. It is correct when people say we are a poor fan base. Because we are!

confucius say
05-12-2022, 08:07 PM

Maybe so. I think a lot of that is failed marketing too though. We don't push bulldog club membership. I've never seen a single thing marketing it. No social media, no billboard, no mass emails, nothing.