PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to the team

CadaverDawg
11-23-2013, 04:19 PM
They never quit today. I kept thinking it was about to happen, but it never did. They have overcome coaching blunder after coaching blunder, missed FG after missed FG, misused personnel after misused personnel...and never have quit.

I truly hope that Dan can turn it around on his end, because he has a group of guys that are fighting out there. They deserve better than to have to overcome stupidity every game. Dan is our coach for at least 2 more years, so I just hope he can figure it out and start another trend upwards.

The worst thing for a fan base is a coach that is doing just barely enough to keep his job. And since I can never root for a MSU team to lose...I am really pulling for Dan to lead us to a Egg Bowl victory and a great season next year. Get it done, Danny.

And as for the team. A big slow clap to all of you for fighting today and finding a way to win. I have been watching MSU for many many years, and there aren't too many that wouldn't have rolled over at times today...but this group didn't. I'm not happy with the 5-6 record right now, but I'm proud of the players and respect them for gutting out a win today.

Guys that we had all but started to give up on, like Russell, Perkins, Whitley, Autry...all had key plays today to help us win. Young guys like Benny brown, Chris jones, Calhoun, JRob, and Damien MF Williams...all stepped up and made veteran plays and had veteran days.

I will take an ugly win in Arkansas every day. Now please, for the love of goodness...beat Ole Miss's ass like they stole something on Thursday.

maroonmania
11-23-2013, 04:23 PM
Great post. As irritated as I get with the errors on the field and the continuous coaching blunders, its hard to question the effort given by our players. Good gutty win today in overcoming a lot of things that went wrong.

hacker
11-23-2013, 04:26 PM
+1 bro

WeWillScrewItUp
11-23-2013, 04:29 PM
I agree with damn near everything you said. The players definetly left it all on the field today. TR played a great game. Just think if it wasn't for the 2 dropped passes that should have been touchdowns and the goal line fumble we would have been up 38-17 and never went to OT. We still had some coaching calls that made me scratch my head but I'm just happy we won today. Being from Arkansas it is a must win for me and I'm positive It_Could_Happen will back me up on that.

Dawgface
11-23-2013, 04:35 PM
True, this team has not quit even when it would have been easy to do so. Let's hope they can scratch out a win next week.

basedog
11-23-2013, 05:43 PM
Good post, you have to like the way this team came back and played hard, gotta help for the future.

I agree Mullen does some head scratchings things, but we are making progress and like you said we played hard!

We have some really good players, I like our future.

FlabLoser
11-23-2013, 05:58 PM
+100

This is the kind if game we are known for losing. Really great to see the team grind it out.

ShotgunDawg
11-23-2013, 06:02 PM
http://i.imgur.com/s3AoP.gif

Ronny
11-23-2013, 06:17 PM
...it has been utter torment trying to watch this team this year.

They have, to put it mildly, been discombobulated all season (the Troy game being the lone excpetion).

But today they traveled to historically hostile territory & got it done somehow.

I have talked a lot of shit about this team this season, but winning @ Arkansas is a huge stepping-stone for our football program. And they have my congratulations.

starkvegasdawg
11-23-2013, 06:27 PM
I know they are 1-2 but they really showed me something the last three weeks. They never quit in those games like earlier in the season. Win or lose Thursday I want to see this same intensity. I am expecting tsun to be favored by around 12 if we have to start Williams and you know if he is our only real option at QB they will be hitting him every chance they get. Would not surprise me to see a few dirty hits to try and knock him out.

Tbonewannabe
11-23-2013, 06:28 PM
I think the whole never won in Ark thing is stupid but I am glad the announcers can't pull out that stupid fact any more. Just like last year all we heard was Mullen had never beaten any SEC West team but UM. I liked the fact that every time we got knocked down we just got right back up. This team has backbone.

Next year's team basically fixes itself with TR, Perkins, Autry and Nikoe graduating, the coaches have no choice but to play the better players for OUR system. I would love to see Perk coming out of the backfield like he did today on Thursday. I will say all these guys stepped up today and made plays. All those guys are Bulldogs to the bone, I just wish Mullen could figure some things out but maybe every coach has things like that. A whole season with Dak and DWill at QB and our offense is going to roll. Danny Boy just needs to hire a ST coach.

hells bells
11-23-2013, 08:33 PM
They never quit today. I kept thinking it was about to happen, but it never did. They have overcome coaching blunder after coaching blunder, missed FG after missed FG, misused personnel after misused personnel...and never have quit.

I truly hope that Dan can turn it around on his end, because he has a group of guys that are fighting out there. They deserve better than to have to overcome stupidity every game. Dan is our coach for at least 2 more years, so I just hope he can figure it out and start another trend upwards.

The worst thing for a fan base is a coach that is doing just barely enough to keep his job. And since I can never root for a MSU team to lose...I am really pulling for Dan to lead us to a Egg Bowl victory and a great season next year. Get it done, Danny.

And as for the team. A big slow clap to all of you for fighting today and finding a way to win. I have been watching MSU for many many years, and there aren't too many that wouldn't have rolled over at times today...but this group didn't. I'm not happy with the 5-6 record right now, but I'm proud of the players and respect them for gutting out a win today.

Guys that we had all but started to give up on, like Russell, Perkins, Whitley, Autry...all had key plays today to help us win. Young guys like Benny brown, Chris jones, Calhoun, JRob, and Damien MF Williams...all stepped up and made veteran plays and had veteran days.

I will take an ugly win in Arkansas every day. Now please, for the love of goodness...beat Ole Miss's ass like they stole something on Thursday.

Great post. Agree. Shumpert time.

thunderclap
11-23-2013, 09:44 PM
I agree. I'm sick of Mullen but want nothing but a golden egg.

DawgsBite34
11-23-2013, 09:53 PM
At times today I could've sworn Mullen was coaching his last game at State. We did not play our best game offensively, defensively and of course we're never good on special teams but still, we found a way to win. I think TSUN is walking into a hornets nest Thursday night. I think Dak plays, Mullen has never announced a player was out like this before. I think he's playing mind games with Ole Miss. Even if he is out, I think our front 4 and our defense, with about 55 to 60 thousand fans also hungry for a win, gets it done. Williams and Robinson give us a good shot even if Dak is done. I hope Mullen will use J Rob now finally. #HailState