PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Strick....

maroonmania
11-23-2013, 04:15 PM
for the brilliance of scheduling the OK State game. If wasn't for that wonderful decision we would already be bowl eligible.

Todd4State
11-23-2013, 04:18 PM
On top of that, even if we do beat Ole Miss, it could keep us from going to a better bowl and thus getting more money.

Bully13
11-23-2013, 04:20 PM
for the brilliance of scheduling the OK State game. If wasn't for that wonderful decision we would already be bowl eligible.

if we lose to ole miss, I could give a shit about going bowling..same as last year..I didn't give a shit. I guess the coaches and players didn't either.

We've got a lot on the line and maybe that will inspire us to beat ole miss..

Todd4State
11-23-2013, 04:24 PM
Well you would probably give more of a shit if we hadn't gotten our QB knocked out for half the season, lost one of our safeties and had several other players banged up and had an ever better season than what we currently are.

That loss probably indirectly cost us the Auburn game as well.

maroonmania
11-23-2013, 04:27 PM
Well you would probably give more of a shit if we hadn't gotten our QB knocked out for half the season, lost one of our safeties and had several other players banged up and had an ever better season than what we currently are.

Exactly, we lost a lot more than just a game in Houston.

gtowndawg
11-23-2013, 04:28 PM
P.s. Take that Duggers!!

Bully13
11-23-2013, 05:01 PM

game preparation has been awful; I don't blame Stricklin not anticipating that; you don't shy away from games in fear of injuries. If Mullen hadn't had his head stuck up his ass we don't lose that game or AU; none of this shit is the AD'S fault. Had we beat OK state like we should have, we'd have been singing Scott's praises instead of acting like a bunch sand filled ******s.

bully99
11-23-2013, 05:20 PM
Duggers? Is that people who used to live in old Dugger dorm. I was a Hightower resident, the far superior dorm of course.

Tbonewannabe
11-23-2013, 05:54 PM
game preparation has been awful; I don't blame Stricklin not anticipating that; you don't shy away from games in fear of injuries. If Mullen hadn't had his head stuck up his ass we don't lose that game or AU; none of this shit is the AD'S fault. Had we beat OK state like we should have, we'd have been singing Scott's praises instead of acting like a bunch sand filled ******s.

It is kind of funny that we basically had as much returning as Ok. St and both of us were 8 win teams. It was the first game of the year, we can't blame being beat up by the SEC on the loss. It wasn't Stricklin's fault that Mullen didn't make any adjustments at all over the team that shit itself down the stretch last year. The same shit offense we had last year is exactly the same offense we started with this year. I would say we wouldn't have a chance at a bowl had TR not gotten knocked out so Mullen HAD to start Dak.

Todd4State
11-23-2013, 06:26 PM

Why do people act like Oklahoma State is some crap team? They are a top 10 team right now. And it's not like they snuck up on anybody- they've been very good for several years now.

And then here we go with the redneck "we're tough, we can handle it" MSU stuff. Believe me, I'm not scared to play anyone- but it's about being smart enough to know that we have to play Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Texas A&M, Ole Miss, and practically any game on the road against any SEC team is tough- see today. I'm not scared of MMA fighters- but I'm also not dumb enough to go into the ring with one either and expect to win.

Tbonewannabe
11-23-2013, 07:03 PM
Why do people act like Oklahoma State is some crap team? They are a top 10 team right now. And it's not like they snuck up on anybody- they've been very good for several years now.

And then here we go with the redneck "we're tough, we can handle it" MSU stuff. Believe me, I'm not scared to play anyone- but it's about being smart enough to know that we have to play Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Texas A&M, Ole Miss, and practically any game on the road against any SEC team is tough- see today. I'm not scared of MMA fighters- but I'm also not dumb enough to go into the ring with one either and expect to win.

I think it was a pure risk reward type game. Looking at the game, we returned as much as they did and if we won it would be a HUGE step forward for our program. Instead we had the same shitastic offense we had against any team worth a shit. I don't think we should have played them at this stage of our program but it wasn't completely insane decision.

maroonmania
11-23-2013, 07:12 PM
I think it was a pure risk reward type game. Looking at the game, we returned as much as they did and if we won it would be a HUGE step forward for our program. Instead we had the same shitastic offense we had against any team worth a shit. I don't think we should have played them at this stage of our program but it wasn't completely insane decision.

The issue is OK ST has been a consistent Top 20 program for quite a number of years now. In fact, a couple of years ago they were an upset loss to Iowa State from playing in the national championship game. Our program just isn't anywhere near to that level yet. Very well may never be to that level under Mullen. I can see maybe playing one non-conference BCS team every few years but until we start winning some games against good competition it should be limited to teams in the BCS that normally finish in the bottom half of their conference.

Tbonewannabe
11-23-2013, 07:16 PM
The issue is OK ST has been a consistent Top 20 program for quite a number of years now. In fact, a couple of years ago they were an upset loss to Iowa State from playing in the national championship game. Our program just isn't anywhere near to that level yet. Very well may never be to that level under Mullen. I can see maybe playing one non-conference BCS team every few years but until we start winning some games against good competition it should be limited to teams in the BCS that normally finish in the bottom half of their conference.

That eliminates the Risk Reward of the game. We get talked about on ESPN for beating Ok St., noone gives a shit if we beat Iowa St. We might as well schedule Swac and Sunbelt, which is what I would do anyway. I am just saying that is probably the reason we accepted playing the game in Houston.

Todd4State
11-23-2013, 07:17 PM

It was risk reward- and very risky.

Here is what we have done under Dan- 5-7, 9-4, 7-6, and 8-4.

Here is what Oklahoma State had done in the same time span- 9-4, 11-2, 12-1, 8-5.

Tbonewannabe
11-23-2013, 07:23 PM
It was risk reward- and very risky.

Here is what we have done under Dan- 5-7, 9-4, 7-6, and 8-4.

Here is what Oklahoma State had done in the same time span- 9-4, 11-2, 12-1, 8-5.

I guess you just hope that we are on equal footing but I doubt we were because we were barely beating shit teams to get to 8 wins. Our 8 didn't really equal their 8. If they are on a down swing or we can at least be competitive it might help our national recognition. Instead we laid a huge turd on national tv.

gravedigger
11-23-2013, 07:27 PM
Not true. Beating an Iowa state, Illinois, Indiana, Pitt, Syracuse, Wyoming, New Mexico or Kansas certAinly holds more weight than a swac team or uab or Memphis or Tulane. Our problem this year was scheduling bowling green and Osu in the same year. We already had scheduled more than the minimum.

Dog316
11-23-2013, 07:31 PM

-------------
Instead, it appears to be only your foul mouth singing the praises of Stricklin.

Ronny
11-23-2013, 07:38 PM
..this season hinged on Auburn.

The Auburn debacle ****ed our season & is why we do not have (at least) 6 wins.

OK State is an afterthought.

MidTNDawg
11-23-2013, 08:17 PM

Did SS schedule OK State w/o input- agreement from Mullen? Surely DM was involved in that decision!

Bully13
11-23-2013, 08:29 PM
-------------
Instead, it appears to be only your foul mouth singing the praises of Stricklin.

foul mouth? can't you do better than that?

edited to add the words that offended you: ass, shit & ******

cheewgumm
11-23-2013, 08:34 PM
Guess we just have to hope Mullen turns out to all of the sudden be a great recruiter somehow, and figures out how to beat good teams to help us become a good team.

I'm anxious to see what everyone's thoughts Re if we win 6 next year.

I'm assuming a ton of the same people who are saying you can't fire a coach for winning 6 at state we be singing a different tune next year .

Regardless, nothing left to do but hope.

I would just warn the " let's schedule down" crowd that you are going to destroy your
Ammunition to get rid of a bad coach if it comes to that.

cheewgumm
11-23-2013, 08:36 PM
We should schedule he worst 4 teams that will take the game. The sec is tough enough.

DownwardDawg
11-23-2013, 08:50 PM

Okie State debacle led to the Auburn loss. Do you not see that? Jay Hughes out for season. Tyler Russell concussion. Etc....

Bully13
11-23-2013, 08:54 PM
anyone who doesn't think our reluctance to change our recruiting strategy like everyone else has isn't going to 17 our program is brain dead. what's happening now under mullen is similar to what was happening under Polk. I'm not saying Mullen is to blame for us not adapting or not. Polk DEFINITELY was to blame for our baseball recruiting remaining in the dark ages. I'm not a big time insider on football because recruiting is more complex in footbal so I don't know enough about what's going on with our football recruiting woes. if we continue to suck hine tit in crootin', won't matter who the coach is.

FlabLoser
11-23-2013, 09:27 PM

Oh stop the bullshit whining about how good OSU is. WE were good enough to win that game but we shit the bed at every opportunity to turn the game.

FlabLoser
11-23-2013, 09:28 PM

Very true. A 7-8 regular season win has been very much in our grasp and we Stated it up.