PDA

View Full Version : Austin Williams named SEC Male Scholar Athlete of the year

FISHDAWG
05-03-2022, 11:24 AM
4.0 GPA in Finance, received MBA
Team Captain
Lowest drop rate in SEC (dropped just 0.9% of passes)
116 receptions for 1245 yards and 12 Touchdowns

and one of my favorites - Good job Austin

Catfish
05-03-2022, 11:42 AM
Congratulations to him. Love watching him play.

Leroy Jenkins
05-03-2022, 11:50 AM
Good for Austin, well deserved. I also hear he has a kid graduating from State later this month.

Matt3467
05-03-2022, 12:16 PM
I love having him on the field. I know people complain all the time that he's slow, not very athletic, yada yada but aside from one big drop that I remember the guy is as sure handed as I ever remember us having here at State. I don't know if it's just the product of watching State football for the past almost 3 decades but whenever we've put the ball in the air I've never been more nervous but the past few years and Austin has really helped with that.

FISHDAWG
05-03-2022, 12:22 PM
I love having him on the field. I know people complain all the time that he's slow, not very athletic, yada yada but aside from one big drop that I remember the guy is as sure handed as I ever remember us having here at State. I don't know if it's just the product of watching State football for the past almost 3 decades but whenever we've put the ball in the air I've never been more nervous but the past few years and Austin has really helped with that.

yep ... my sentiments exactly. He was our best "go-to" guy when needing a first down and if the ball was thrown anywhere near him it was caught. I know he had the one bad drop but he was still that player that finally put my mind at ease when catching punts

OLJWales
05-03-2022, 02:56 PM
Helluva Honor.

SilentSteel16
05-04-2022, 08:53 AM
Good for Austin, well deserved. I also hear he has a kid graduating from State later this month.

Can’t give you rep but that is funny !!! It does seem like he has been here a long time. Congrats to him !!

R2Dawg
05-05-2022, 03:25 PM
4.0 GPA in Finance, received MBA
Team Captain
Lowest drop rate in SEC (dropped just 0.9% of passes)
116 receptions for 1245 yards and 12 Touchdowns

and one of my favorites - Good job Austin

Dude don't drop nothing catches everything, we'll miss him when he is gone. Perfect for this offense.

Great job in classroom as well which is why he is here right along with 98% of the rest. Why do we keep adjusting our whole culture for the 2%??

RougeDawg
05-05-2022, 04:28 PM
Dude don't drop nothing catches everything, we'll miss him when he is gone. Perfect for this offense.

Great job in classroom as well which is why he is here right along with 98% of the rest. Why do we keep adjusting our whole culture for the 2%??

He will be collecting social security when he leaves.

RocketDawg
05-05-2022, 06:04 PM

Amen.