PDA

View Full Version : And just in time ???

EdwardDrayton
05-02-2022, 09:12 PM
,,,,,,,,,, there?s playoff hockey to fill the void. Any other hockey fans in Dawg Nation?

Here?s the hint of who I?ll be cheering to win the Cup ???..

?Get in the fast lane grandma! The bingo game is ready to roll!?

DownwardDawg
05-03-2022, 07:54 AM
I've started watching a little this year for the first time since moving to the Nashville area (smashville). I could never work it out to make a Preds game this season but I'm definitely going to some games next season.

EdwardDrayton
05-03-2022, 08:13 AM
I've started watching a little this year for the first time since moving to the Nashville area (smashville). I could never work it out to make a Preds game this season but I'm definitely going to some games next season.

That’s exactly how this southern boy got started. Went from Starkville with my newly minted MBA to midtown Manhattan for my first job. Started watching some Rangers and Islanders games. A couple stops later ended up in Pittsburgh, scored some game tix on the glass and the rest is history. Lemieux and Jagr and I was hooked.

Highly recommend going to a game and get seats as close to the ice as possible. And once you understand the game, it’s as exciting a sport as any other.

FISHDAWG
05-03-2022, 08:24 AM
That?s exactly how this southern boy got started. Went from Starkville with my newly minted MBA to midtown Manhattan for my first job. Started watching some Rangers and Islanders games. A couple stops later ended up in Pittsburgh, scored some game tix on the glass and the rest is history. Lemieux and Jagr and I was hooked.

Highly recommend going to a game and get seats as close to the ice as possible. And once you understand the game, it?s as exciting a sport as any other.

This ... Being there is WAY better than watching on TV. I got started when my son played in high school and after he taught me the rules the game became much more interesting and enjoyable. We went to the Thrashers games almost once a week and kept up with the standings and players throughout the league. My son graduated and moved and then the Thrashers moved to Winnipeg ... kinda lost interest after that but still enjoy watching from time to time. Sadly now I don't even know who will make the playoffs but still miss the excitement with my son (he still follows the league and pulls for the Jets)

Leroy Jenkins
05-03-2022, 09:54 AM
I have tried to watch hockey and soccer before but I just don't know what I'm looking at. It's rugby time gents.

Liverpooldawg
05-03-2022, 11:10 AM
I've been to a couple of Preds games. I'm hooked. LET'S GO PREDS!

TALL DAWG
05-03-2022, 12:23 PM

I went to a fight one time and a hockey match broke out. Seeing it in person is best.

EdwardDrayton
05-03-2022, 12:39 PM
This ... Being there is WAY better than watching on TV. I got started when my son played in high school and after he taught me the rules the game became much more interesting and enjoyable. We went to the Thrashers games almost once a week and kept up with the standings and players throughout the league. My son graduated and moved and then the Thrashers moved to Winnipeg ... kinda lost interest after that but still enjoy watching from time to time. Sadly now I don't even know who will make the playoffs but still miss the excitement with my son (he still follows the league and pulls for the Jets)

Was at the first Thrashers game ever (Roswell another one of my corporate stints). Penguins will always be my #1 but it was a sad day when the Thrashers left Atlanta.

And can relate to watching with your son. My son is twenty and we have a marvelous time together watching games.

EdwardDrayton
05-03-2022, 12:41 PM

I went to a fight one time and a hockey match broke out. Seeing it in person is best.

Have a couple of church friends who are HUGE Predators fans so I do tend to tune in when their games are on.

OLJWales
05-03-2022, 01:04 PM
Much easier to watch than soccer. Enjoyed a live minor league game in Memphis long time ago. Enjoy hockey & soccer highlights though. (Condensed Versions as opposed to watching an entire game)

HereComesTheSpiral
05-03-2022, 03:56 PM
Go Blues.

EdwardDrayton
05-03-2022, 04:23 PM
Go Blues.

That game sure started with a firestorm! What, two or three power plays, a penalty shot and a dustup, all in the first six minutes!!! LOL!!

EdwardDrayton
05-03-2022, 04:25 PM
Much easier to watch than soccer. Enjoyed a live minor league game in Memphis long time ago. Enjoy hockey & soccer highlights though. (Condensed Versions as opposed to watching an entire game)

Almost hate to say it because the sport has become so popular. But as much as my son and I have tried, just haven?t been able to connect with soccer.

HereComesTheSpiral
05-03-2022, 05:10 PM
That game sure started with a firestorm! What, two or three power plays, a penalty shot and a dustup, all in the first six minutes!!! LOL!!

And Perron had a hat trick.

EdwardDrayton
05-03-2022, 10:56 PM
MALKIN WITH THE GAME WINNER IN TRIPLE OT!!!!! PENS WIN PENS WIN PENS WIN!!!!!

Liverpooldawg
05-05-2022, 10:16 PM
The Preds started the rookie goalie just called up from the minors tonight. They are hanging tight in the 2nd. Colorado is a VERY TOUGH opponent but there is no excuse for what the backup starter did last night. Call up another rookie before he plays again if Sauros can't go.

Fader21
05-06-2022, 11:48 AM
It all started in Jackson with the Bandits and Dave Stewart!

Lord McBuckethead
05-06-2022, 12:41 PM
That’s exactly how this southern boy got started. Went from Starkville with my newly minted MBA to midtown Manhattan for my first job. Started watching some Rangers and Islanders games. A couple stops later ended up in Pittsburgh, scored some game tix on the glass and the rest is history. Lemieux and Jagr and I was hooked.

Highly recommend going to a game and get seats as close to the ice as possible. And once you understand the game, it’s as exciting a sport as any other.

I was a huge Lemieux and Jagr fan growing up. That was a heck of a lineup, and for the rest of my life will be a penguins fan. I just haven't watched in maybe 15 years, but if asked I am a penguins fan.

Hot Rock
05-06-2022, 03:10 PM
Hockey is best watched live for sure.

I have been to a couple games and the action is fast back and forth with so few breaks in action. When you get a fight or break in action, you need a break from trying to see it all. They have 3 periods and 2 15-17 minute intermissions. You need those intermissions to catch your breath, get more refreshments or a piss break.

I loved it live, but I can't watch it on TV.

Joebob
05-06-2022, 09:13 PM
Pulling for the Stars, but good God they need a coach who likes to score goals.

CaptainObvious
05-06-2022, 09:21 PM
I like watching Gretsky?s daughter. Does that count?

EdwardDrayton
05-06-2022, 11:35 PM
I like watching Gretsky?s daughter. Does that count?

LOL. Dustin Johnson might say it was Gretzskys greatest accomplishment with his stick.

chainedup_Dawg
05-07-2022, 12:01 AM
Get seats close to section 303. When I lived there they called it Cell Block 303, it was always a party

FISHDAWG
05-07-2022, 10:19 AM
LOL. Dustin Johnson might say it was Gretzskys greatest accomplishment with his stick.

This is due a rep but I'm fresh out unfortunately

OLJWales
05-07-2022, 05:59 PM
Watching KY Derby for the first time. Won't be the Last. Glad I broke down and finally paid attention.

FISHDAWG
05-09-2022, 07:08 AM
Watching KY Derby for the first time. Won't be the Last. Glad I broke down and finally paid attention.

and 80-1 odds won it ... hasn't happened in like a 90 years or something

OLJWales
05-09-2022, 07:59 AM
and 80-1 odds won it ... hasn't happened in like a 90 years or something

Amazing, no? I'll be waiting on the Belmont and Preakness too.