PDA

View Full Version : Dak out till bowl game

ShotgunDawg
11-23-2013, 04:09 PM
Just announced by Mullen at press conference. Williams will have to get it done on Thursday. I'll say this, after today, and what Josh Robinson did, Williams is capable. Pretty talented player

War Machine Dawg
11-23-2013, 04:11 PM
Damn. We needed Dak in the worst way possible. But I'm comfortable with Williams and our ground game. Feed JRob and RTGDF.

ShotgunDawg
11-23-2013, 04:13 PM
I kinda glad Mullen announced it. Now everyone can move on and not let this be the talk of the week

Statecoachingblows**
11-23-2013, 04:18 PM
Any word on the TR injury? Guessing he's done, just curious how bad it is. Didn't look very good seeing him out there for the OT coin toss. Heavy dose of smash mouth football, just don't put Williams in position to fail. Help him out staff!

Topbulldawg
11-23-2013, 04:22 PM
I wouldn't read too much into Mullen's comments on Dak. He may be playing games with Freeze. Announcing Dak is out would benefit OM as they would know who to prepare for (If it's true)

Jack Lambert
11-23-2013, 04:23 PM
Damn. We needed Dak in the worst way possible. But I'm comfortable with Williams and our ground game. Feed JRob and RTGDF.

Williams can throw the ball pretty good. He's got the touch.

SignalToNoise
11-23-2013, 04:28 PM
I want to believe in Williams but I really wish Dak were back for that game.

Damn.

hacker
11-23-2013, 04:28 PM
Serious? I haven't seen this in my timeline yet, or I missed it. That ****in' blows.

Saltydog
11-23-2013, 04:35 PM
and making decisions.....I like the kid but expecting big things from him at this point and on this stage is not an enviable position to be in.......

Saltydog
11-23-2013, 04:48 PM
with the same players......

PMDawg
11-23-2013, 04:50 PM
Man. What happens if he goes down?

Oxfordawg
11-23-2013, 04:51 PM
This could be true but I've never seen Mullen show his hand like that

Jdawg
11-23-2013, 04:58 PM
I wouldn't read too much into Mullen's comments on Dak. He may be playing games with Freeze. Announcing Dak is out would benefit OM as they would know who to prepare for (If it's true)

That's what I'm thinking too.

ShotgunDawg
11-23-2013, 05:02 PM
I'll say this, if Mullen is sandbagging, and Dak runs out on that field Thursday night, Davis Wade will erupt

CJDAWG85
11-23-2013, 05:40 PM
What if he's talking about the Egg BOWL?

ShotgunDawg
11-23-2013, 05:44 PM
What if he's talking about the Egg BOWL?

I don't think he is that smart. Hard for me to believe that a guy that can't figure out who his best RB back is or to throw fades to the tall guys, would have any chance of being that clever.

civildawg
11-23-2013, 05:52 PM
I think he's being honest. I mean dak didn't even dress out and it's a short week. He ain't playing

BulldogBear
11-23-2013, 08:17 PM
I'm afraid that not Daking actually creates a new set of questions and those are: "Bowl game? What bowl game?"

DawgsBite34
11-23-2013, 09:48 PM
I don't think he is that smart. Hard for me to believe that a guy that can't figure out who his best RB back is or to throw fades to the tall guys, would have any chance of being that clever.

I think Dak plays, Mullen has never showed his hand before like that. Why would he wait till now to say that?? Your other two points are exactly right. Robinson is a beast nuff said there, and our redzone offense with Russell is atrocious. Brandon Holloway should never run another deep route in his life, the kid just hasn't done it this year had opportunities he cost Russell a pick today. He's very fast he should be a jet sweep guy

Saltydog
11-23-2013, 10:20 PM
the side.......It's instinctive to move the other arm, unless there's a reason not to use it........

War Machine Dawg
11-23-2013, 10:48 PM
I think Dak plays, Mullen has never showed his hand before like that. Why would he wait till now to say that?? Your other two points are exactly right. Robinson is a beast nuff said there, and our redzone offense with Russell is atrocious. Brandon Holloway should never run another deep route in his life, the kid just hasn't done it this year had opportunities he cost Russell a pick today. He's very fast he should be a jet sweep guy

Ummmm.....Russell cost Russell a pick today. It was classic TR. He bird dogged his WR then threw it late and short. That said, Holloway may have worse hands than Morrow. Agree he should get some opportunities on the jet sweep, though.

Saltydog
11-23-2013, 11:07 PM
nt

sbcmortgageman
11-24-2013, 07:59 AM
Williams can throw the ball pretty good. He's got the touch.

It looks effortless when he throws the ball. I like his touch too. Up to O-line to give him time.

ShotgunDawg
11-24-2013, 09:48 AM
I actually like running deep routes to Holloway because he creates separation and gets open.

If we throw him 4 deep routes and he drops 3 and catches 1 TD, it's still worth it right?

Until we find another player that can go deep and create separation, I'm perfectly fine giving the one guy that can multiple chances.

DawgsBite34
11-24-2013, 10:40 AM
I actually like running deep routes to Holloway because he creates separation and gets open.

If we throw him 4 deep routes and he drops 3 and catches 1 TD, it's still worth it right?

Until we find another player that can go deep and create separation, I'm perfectly fine giving the one guy that can multiple chances.

But he's dropped 3 and looked just awful trying to catch the one Russell threw him, I was saying he cost Russell a pick today is because the DB made more effort on the ball than Holloway did. If he catches one your right, but he aint done it yet

ShotgunDawg
11-24-2013, 11:02 AM
But he's dropped 3 and looked just awful trying to catch the one Russell threw him, I was saying he cost Russell a pick today is because the DB made more effort on the ball than Holloway did. If he catches one your right, but he aint done it yet

Yea, but the defense has to account for him and play the safety deep when he is on the field regardless if he catches the ball or not. Taking shots deep to a guy that can create separation has value whether he catches the ball or not.

It's not like OM can say, "let that guy run free because he won't catch the ball." They can't afford to do that, so they'll have to play their safety deep when Holloway is in the game.

Yes, I would obviously love for Holloway to catch one, but until someone who can catch steps up and shows that they can get behind the defense, we need to continue to take shots to Holloway in hopes that he will catch one and to keep the defense from playing 9 guys in the box.

Yes, it's frustrating, but the threat of Holloway alone, makes it worth it.

Homedawg
11-24-2013, 11:24 AM

That sounds good, when is the one coming though? I've seen the three part of your equation.

DawgsBite34
11-24-2013, 11:54 AM
Yea, but the defense has to account for him and play the safety deep when he is on the field regardless if he catches the ball or not. Taking shots deep to a guy that can create separation has value whether he catches the ball or not.

It's not like OM can say, "let that guy run free because he won't catch the ball." They can't afford to do that, so they'll have to play their safety deep when Holloway is in the game.

Yes, I would obviously love for Holloway to catch one, but until someone who can catch steps up and shows that they can get behind the defense, we need to continue to take shots to Holloway in hopes that he will catch one and to keep the defense from playing 9 guys in the box.

Yes, it's frustrating, but the threat of Holloway alone, makes it worth it.

Its just hard for me to believe we don't have a true Wideout that can do this instead of percy harvin type guy like Holloway. Fred Ross had one hit his hands and dropped it too. Your right though