PDA

View Full Version : I didnt realize Hunter Hines is the son of Richie Hines

Coach34
05-01-2022, 07:20 PM
That makes alot of sense. Always wondered why he didnt end up in maroon and white. He could rake.

Avelso
05-01-2022, 09:06 PM
And CT Bradfords brother in law.

Dare2Dv8
05-01-2022, 09:13 PM
That makes alot of sense. Always wondered why he didnt end up in maroon and white. He could rake.

The Baptist came up with the bigger NIL! I was at MC when Richie played ... he could definitely mash it.

Coach34
05-01-2022, 10:05 PM
Richie was the best baseball player in Jackson in the early 80’s. Makes no sense he didn’t wear maroon and was at MC

Todd4State
05-02-2022, 12:55 AM
Polk recruited more nationally at that time.

Clark- NOLA
Palmeiro- Miami
Brantley- Birmingham
Thigpen- Florida
Van Cleve- Jackson
Theisen- Florida

State82
05-02-2022, 08:23 AM
I had no idea either. Haven't heard that name in forever. Dude was money with the bat in his hands.

Hot Rock
05-02-2022, 09:35 AM
Probably one of the many that got away due to the scholarship limitations. When you don't have monies for them, it's hard to field a complete team with top players even from your home state.

DownwardDawg
05-02-2022, 11:54 AM
And CT Bradfords brother in law.

Haven't heard that name in a while either. What's CT up to these days?

Commercecomet24
05-02-2022, 01:57 PM
Played against Richie back in the day. The first game I ever started as a sophomore for Meridian was against Forrest Hill. We lost 4 games that year and 2 were to Forrest Hill. Had no idea he was Hunters dad.

Coach34
05-02-2022, 02:11 PM
Polk recruited more nationally at that time.

Clark- NOLA
Palmeiro- Miami
Brantley- Birmingham
Thigpen- Florida
Van Cleve- Jackson
Theisen- Florida

Maybe so and while John Mitchell was pretty good- Having Clark, Palmeiro, Thigpen, and then Hines 6th would have made that line-up even more ridiculous.

Todd4State
05-02-2022, 02:26 PM
Maybe so and while John Mitchell was pretty good- Having Clark, Palmeiro, Thigpen, and then Hines 6th would have made that line-up even more ridiculous.

Absolutely! And we would have been able to find a spot for him in the lineup at third base probably. Was a miss for us unfortunately.

confucius say
05-06-2022, 12:13 PM
Haven't heard that name in a while either. What's CT up to these days?

Working as a scout I'm pretty sure

Jarius
05-06-2022, 06:43 PM
Richie was the best baseball player in Jackson in the early 80?s. Makes no sense he didn?t wear maroon and was at MC

Both my uncles were on that MC team with him. One started at SS and the other at 2B.They whipped State’s ass at DNF one year. I asked them why he didn’t go to State and they said he wanted to stay in Jackson to be close to a girlfriend.

Coach34
05-06-2022, 08:08 PM
Both my uncles were on that MC team with him. One started at SS and the other at 2B.They whipped State’s ass at DNF one year. I asked them why he didn’t go to State and they said he wanted to stay in Jackson to be close to a girlfriend.

Thanks Jarius. There had to be some sort of explanation other than Polk passed on him. Richie didnt have Hunter's power- but still hit almost 60 HR's in college. Him batting 6th for us in 1985 makes that team even more likely to win it

DawgFan85
05-07-2022, 11:03 AM
Hey Commercecomet, your memory must be fading. Richie played at Jim Hill High School. We were their cross town rivals at Wingfield. We went 26-4 in 1979 and were the state champs. Two of our losses were to Jim Hill but we beat them when we had to and thanks to Warren Central beating Jim Hill made us district champs. I was bragging on Richie to my room mate and some buddies from north Mississippi about how good he was and baseball in general in south Jackson when MC came to Starkville. Richie struck out his first 2 times but on the 3rd at bat he hit one over the scoreboard. So yea, Hunter hines will be a good one just like his dad!