PDA

View Full Version : Mullen has overturned 113 years of history

MetEdDawg
11-23-2013, 04:05 PM
Never won in the state of Arkansas, and on the verge of going to 4 straight bowl games for the first time in our school's history. But apparently none of that matters because it wasn't pretty and we made mistakes and we should have blown out Arkansas.

I'm on the Mullen bandwagon until this team quits or gives up on Mullen. After today's game you can clearly see we didn't. Didn't play well obviously, but never gave up. All of you idiots that have suggested that are stupid. We've had to play 3 different QB's this year due to injury. Had to deal with rotating QBs, true freshman QB, injuries mid game, 2 QB system, and will most likely have 3 different starting QBs before the year is done. Lost a starting RG and SS day 1 of the season. Perkins has been in and out all year. Freshmen and sophomores playing all over the place because we've recruited well the past two years. Lost Skinner on defense for multiple games.

Even with all of that we are 5-6, played Alabama their best game of the year, were in the game with LSU for 3 quarters, and we still have a chance at doing something we've never done before IN OUR HISTORY by going to a bowl game 4 years in a row. People say history doesn't matter but it does guys. It really does, especially when you have 113 years of it to look at. We aren't supposed to be bowl eligible 4 years in a row because our history tells us so. But Dan is at least giving us a chance to right the ship, get an Egg Bowl win, go to a bowl, and create positive momentum into recruiting and next season.

It hasn't been easy this year folks, but damn I'm not giving up on this team until they make me. A loss today would have made me. But we came back on the road in a state we've never won in and pulled it out in our worst played game of the year. Some of your have already jumped off the Mullen bandwagon but the team hasn't, so at least have the balls to stay with the team in hopes that we can salvage this season Thursday.

cbrunt29
11-23-2013, 04:07 PM
Never won in the state of Arkansas, and on the verge of going to 4 straight bowl games for the first time in our school's history. But none of that matters because it wasn't pretty and we made mistakes and we should have blown our Arkansas.

I'm on the Mullen bandwagon until this team quits or gives up on Mullen. After today's game you can clearly see we didn't. Didn't play well obviously, but never gave up. All of you idiots that have suggested that are stupid. We've had to play 3 different QB's this year due to injury. Had to deal with rotating QBs, true freshman QB, injuries mid game, 2 QB system, and will most likely have 3 different starting QBs before the year is done. Lost a starting RG and SS day 1 of the season. Perkins has been in and out all year. Freshmen and sophomores playing all over the place because we've recruited well the past two years. Lost Skinner on defense for multiple games.

Even with all of that we are 5-6, played Alabama their best game of the year, were in the game with LSU for 3 quarters, and we still have a chance at doing something we've never done before IN OUR HISTORY. It hasn't been easy folks, but damn I'm not giving up on this team until they make me. A loss today would have made me. But we came back on the road in a state we've never won in and pulled it out in our worst played game of the year. Some of your have already jumped off the Mullen bandwagon but the team hasn't, so at least have the balls to stay with the team in hopes that we can salvage this season Thursday.

Well said

starkvegasdawg
11-23-2013, 04:10 PM
Never won in the state of Arkansas, and on the verge of going to 4 straight bowl games for the first time in our school's history. But none of that matters because it wasn't pretty and we made mistakes and we should have blown our Arkansas.

Even with all of that we are 5-6, played Alabama their best game of the year, were in the game with LSU for 3 quarters, and we still have a chance at doing something we've never done before IN OUR HISTORY by going to a bowl game 4 years in a row. People say history doesn't matter but it does guys. It really does, especially when you have 113 years of it to look at. We aren't supposed to be bowl eligible 4 years in a row because our history tells us so. But Dan is at least giving us a chance to right the ship, get an Egg Bowl win, go to a bowl, and create positive momentum into recruiting and next season.

It hasn't been easy this year folks, but damn I'm not giving up on this team until they make me. A loss today would have made me. But we came back on the road in a state we've never won in and pulled it out in our worst played game of the year. Some of your have already jumped off the Mullen bandwagon but the team hasn't, so at least have the balls to stay with the team in hopes that we can salvage this season Thursday.

And the crowd said amen. Only really questionable call I remember was putting Milton in after perks injury. Everything else call wise I had no real issues with.

Will James
11-23-2013, 04:10 PM
Mullen has gone from beating the teams we are supposed to and competing with those above us.... to beating teams were supposed to and not competing with others..... to barely squeaking by teams we are supposed to beat....

Follow the trends

MetEdDawg
11-23-2013, 04:16 PM
Here's a trend for you. 113 years of trends where not one single coach in our history has won in the state of Arkansas or gone to a bowl game 4 straight years. Mullen took care of 1 of those today and at least has a chance to take care of the other one on Thursday.

But we want to get rid of him because we don't get style points against the bottom SEC teams. So he could undo 113 years of history at MSU in a positive way but he's clearly not the guy for the future? This fan base is nuts.

There's also one coach in our history that has a winning record at the end of their term. Mullen is 6 games above .500 and we think he's leading us to the gutter. No folks, where Mullen took us from was the gutter and the reason some think he sucks is because we won't get to 8 or 9 wins like we have the past 3 years. Down years at MSU are 3 and 4 game seasons. We are at 5 right now and still have a chance at 6. I'm going down with Mullen and I'm not going to apologize for it because a lot of our fan base has an agenda. My agenda is support MSU 100% until I feel the person representing us has become a detriment to our image. Mullen isn't there yet.

engie
11-23-2013, 04:18 PM
Mullen has gone from beating the teams we are supposed to and competing with those above us.... to beating teams were supposed to and not competing with others..... to barely squeaking by teams we are supposed to beat....

Follow the trends

Yep...

OldFatDog
11-23-2013, 04:20 PM
Never won in the state of Arkansas, and on the verge of going to 4 straight bowl games for the first time in our school's history. But apparently none of that matters because it wasn't pretty and we made mistakes and we should have blown out Arkansas.

I agree completely but I am too lazy to type all that. Glad you did.

PMDawg
11-23-2013, 04:21 PM

Follow the trends

It's useless Will. They just won't see it until the bitter end. It's not their fault, they just can't get past the maroon colored glasses. It's hard to do. I've got to quit arguing bc it's useless and we all want the same thing anyway.

blacklistedbully
11-23-2013, 04:24 PM
Epically bad Arky team. This "first time in 113 years BS is just that - BS.

Also, if LP doesn't get injured, forcing Dan to lean more on JR, we probably lose. If TR doesn't get hurt forcing Dan to use Williams at QB in OT, who knows?

HoopsDawg
11-23-2013, 04:29 PM
What are you, Mullen's PR guy? 113 years, please. We were 0-6-1 against Arkansas. We just beat one of the worst team in the nation in OT. I'm going to try and enjoy this win, but damn.

Coach34
11-23-2013, 04:31 PM
I'll follow the trend- we played Bama better than anybody all year- you're right- good trend
Winning for the first time in Arkansas- another good trend

Yep Will- we will continue to follow the trend

Dawgface
11-23-2013, 04:32 PM
Epically bad Arky team. This "first time in 113 years BS is just that - BS.

Also, if LP doesn't get injured, forcing Dan to lean more on JR, we probably lose. If TR doesn't get hurt forcing Dan to use Williams at QB in OT, who knows?

Good points. Perkins would have been running the ball the whole 2nd half if Mullen had his choice. Glad we won, but no doubt this was as bad of an Arky team we have ever faced in Ark.

Percho
11-23-2013, 04:36 PM
And the crowd said amen. Only really questionable call I remember was putting Milton in after perks injury. Everything else call wise I had no real issues with.

I had been wanting Milton all year and now I see why maybe we did not see much of him.

Quaoarsking
11-23-2013, 04:42 PM

Follow the trends

Are you arguing that we didn't compete with Texas A&M and Alabama? Really?

bluelightstar
11-23-2013, 04:44 PM

I'm willing to say that neither of them was in real danger of losing.

CadaverDawg
11-23-2013, 04:46 PM
I'll follow the trend- we played Bama better than anybody all year- you're right- good trend

Wow, you and your crew are quite the turd polishers these days.

bluelightstar
11-23-2013, 04:47 PM

Are you not the one who was saying that "never won in Arkansas" was meaningless bullshit???

OldFatDog
11-23-2013, 04:48 PM

And Auburn. And we were within 5 of LSU going into the fourth quarter. We damn sure have competed this year.

Quaoarsking
11-23-2013, 04:48 PM
I'm willing to say that neither of them was in real danger of losing.

"Real danger" is a nebulous, undefinable term. It can mean whatever you want it to mean.

CadaverDawg
11-23-2013, 04:53 PM
Are you not the one who was saying that "never won in Arkansas" was meaningless bullshit???

Doesn't matter, he has got out the shoe polish and is shining today's turd like it was the ****ing Super Bowl. It's embarrassing.

And I'm actually one of the positive ones about today's win.

Will James
11-23-2013, 05:03 PM

That addressed my post**

Which barometer are you using? We played Arkansas and Kentucky worse than anybody all year too if you want to play that game. IDGAF about locations of wins, that means nothing. We are a ****hair above the absolute bottom feeders of the league... in year 5

BulldogBear
11-23-2013, 05:04 PM
I see the points of both sides of this. Yes, we shoulda won this game several times earlier. Did bot take advantage of mistakes by Arkansas. Special teams was "wreckers or checkers." But in the end, I'm still going forward positively at moment because we never would've been in this game by mid 3rd qtr before Mullen came...maybe 2nd qtr. Honestly, when we went to OT after the missed FG I didn't think we had a prayer of winning. I though Hogs would cram it down our throat and we would sputter. Bulldogs PROVED ME WRONG. So
, I'm on board unless we get stomped on Turkey Day. Hail State!

Will James
11-23-2013, 05:06 PM

Yes, we did not compete with either. We competed with Auburn, UK, BG, Ark

maroonmania
11-23-2013, 05:07 PM
Wow, you and your crew are quite the turd polishers these days.

I'm convinced he's taking money from Mullen's agent on the side. Look, I have no problem with anyone having their own opinion about any situation but after years of lambasting Stans the way he did, something is really fishy that he has now become Mullen's lead defense attorney.

Will James
11-23-2013, 05:08 PM
I though Hogs would cram it down our throat and we would sputter. Bulldogs PROVED ME WRONG. So
, I'm on board unless we get stomped on Turkey Day. Hail State!

Do you not see the issue in having those initial thoughts in the first place?

Bully13
11-23-2013, 05:10 PM
Here's a trend for you. 113 years of trends where not one single coach in our history has won in the state of Arkansas or gone to a bowl game 4 straight years. Mullen took care of 1 of those today and at least has a chance to take care of the other one on Thursday.

But we want to get rid of him because we don't get style points against the bottom SEC teams. So he could undo 113 years of history at MSU in a positive way but he's clearly not the guy for the future? This fan base is nuts.

There's also one coach in our history that has a winning record at the end of their term. Mullen is 6 games above .500 and we think he's leading us to the gutter. No folks, where Mullen took us from was the gutter and the reason some think he sucks is because we won't get to 8 or 9 wins like we have the past 3 years. Down years at MSU are 3 and 4 game seasons. We are at 5 right now and still have a chance at 6. I'm going down with Mullen and I'm not going to apologize for it because a lot of our fan base has an agenda. My agenda is support MSU 100% until I feel the person representing us has become a detriment to our image. Mullen isn't there yet.

you're sucking him too hard. bowls are way too damned easy to get to these days than yesterday. this was probably the worst upig team in history. we had everything on the line and they had nothing left to play for yet we have to go to o.t. if dan can beat the bears, i'll re-evaluate but we shouldn't be giving him oral after today's game.

Noxdog
11-23-2013, 05:12 PM
The truth is on this board you are in the minority if you back Mullen. All C34 is doing is just trying even things up a bit. Give him credit for his passion for MSU, though. He has been drug through the mud by our rivals, and possibly some of our own.

DownwardDawg
11-23-2013, 05:13 PM
Mullen had earned another year or two, then we can take the next step as a program.

DownwardDawg
11-23-2013, 05:16 PM
Putting a true freshman QB in while at your own 2 yard line was brilliant. I woulda never thought to do that.
Thank God Perk is out and Milfon fumbled. Russell being out also saved us in OT.

RougeDawg
11-23-2013, 05:36 PM
The win was good and only made possible by the implementation of JRob in the 2nd half. **** Mullen for putting Milton in, when he hasn't played since September.

All of you Mullen backers are ****ing morons. HES THE REASON WE DON'T HAVE 7 wins already. His shit decisions are holding us back. Personal and play calling are not his thing. Leach/Kingsbury/Freeze/Sumlin/Hud would have this team scratching double digit wins.

Will James
11-23-2013, 05:47 PM
The win was good and only made possible by the implementation of JRob in the 2nd half. **** Mullen for putting Milton in, when he hasn't played since September.

All of you Mullen backers are ****ing morons. HES THE REASON WE DON'T HAVE 7 wins already. His shit decisions are holding us back. Personal and play calling are not his thing. Leach/Kingsbury/Freeze/Sumlin/Hud would have this team scratching double digit wins.

8 wins last year! 4th straight bowl game!

Have you seen our history?? You sit there and take the mediocrity because we have been REALLY bad before!

engie
11-23-2013, 05:51 PM

Yep, couldn't agree more...

Statefan
11-23-2013, 06:06 PM
How many SEC teams are on the verge of 4 straight bowl games?

Hint: it's not many

Tbonewannabe
11-23-2013, 06:06 PM
I am glad we won but special teams still look like we don't practice at all and we just beat a team who has now lost 11 SEC games in a row. We are the only team not to beat them by at least 2 scores. To me this game just keeps me on the fence on Mullen. A bad Egg Bowl and I want him gone, win and give him another year.

RougeDawg
11-23-2013, 06:08 PM
8 wins last year! 4th straight bowl game!

Have you seen our history?? You sit there and take the mediocrity because we have been REALLY bad before!

I'm in reality. Realistically we should have 6 min wins already. Wake up.

cheewgumm
11-23-2013, 06:09 PM
This is a team you have to kind of hold your nose and say "yay".

He's gonna be here for as long as he wants now... So is what it is. I predict on the future the current pro- mulleners will lead the charge for change.

I'd just say we have to expect more as a fanbase or we are never going to take the next step. Maybe in 3 more years we will.

Tbonewannabe
11-23-2013, 06:16 PM
How many SEC teams are on the verge of 4 straight bowl games?

Hint: it's not many

We play UK every year so that is basically an automatic win so we just need one other win in the SEC usually. The last couple of years Ark, Aub, UT have all had some of the worst teams they have ever had. There has been as much luck involved getting to 4 bowls. Jackie would have went to 4 straight bowls but we were passed over in 1997 with a 7-4 record.

Next year Vandy will be going for their 4th bowl in a row so it isn't as big a deal as it used to be.

Quaoarsking
11-23-2013, 06:20 PM
This is why we have the worst fans in the SEC. Instead of celebrating our potential 4th straight bowl for the first time ever, we go back and start claiming the teams we beat weren't good enough so we shouldn't be celebrating.

Guess what, Vandy beat some shitty teams too, as did Kentucky in their 5-year bowl streak, and Ole Miss this year and last. Did all of their fans scoff at their teams? Of course not -- that's our thing.

Will James
11-23-2013, 06:21 PM
I'm in reality. Realistically we should have 6 min wins already. Wake up.

I'm with ya bud. But my sarcasm is easily mistaken for the ho-hummers around here.

What needs to be realize by ALL is that the paradigm has shifted. It is NOT the same OM-State up-down cyclical rotation. In the NEW they are playing the game and we are employing Bracky Brett. Until we join in the new THIS IS WHO WE WILL BE!!

Does anybody think we are going to change things up?? With Keenum and Scotty running things? **** no. Mullen has lost his fire because he has no chance to compete (he is not part of the solution either BTW) so he's content with 6 and a paycheck every year. Who can blame him?

I can read the writing on the wall. I'm not going to invest emotionally or financially in a product willingly staying behind everyone else. These last two years have been the most boring football I can imagine. NO HOPE AGAINST SUPERIOR TEAMS is unacceptable but until we join in the new reality of college football we will continue to trend down. Next step is LOSING to the UK's BG's etc.

Bring on baseball, my football tank is EMPTY.

FlabLoser
11-23-2013, 06:24 PM

Follow the trends

If you don't think we competed with teams better than us, namely LSU, Bama, and Auburn, you should quit watching football.

Quaoarsking
11-23-2013, 06:29 PM
I'm with ya bud. But my sarcasm is easily mistaken for the ho-hummers around here.

What needs to be realize by ALL is that the paradigm has shifted. It is NOT the same OM-State up-down cyclical rotation. In the NEW they are playing the game and we are employing Bracky Brett. Until we join in the new THIS IS WHO WE WILL BE!!

Does anybody think we are going to change things up?? With Keenum and Scotty running things? **** no. Mullen has lost his fire because he has no chance to compete (he is not part of the solution either BTW) so he's content with 6 and a paycheck every year. Who can blame him?

I can read the writing on the wall. I'm not going to invest emotionally or financially in a product willingly staying behind everyone else. These last two years have been the most boring football I can imagine. NO HOPE AGAINST SUPERIOR TEAMS is unacceptable but until we join in the new reality of college football we will continue to trend down. Next step is LOSING to the UK's BG's etc.

So you're not going to post again until February?

Tbonewannabe
11-23-2013, 06:34 PM
If you don't think we competed with teams better than us, namely LSU, Bama, and Auburn, you should quit watching football.

2 out of 3. LSU was over with 10 minutes left in the game.

Толстой
11-23-2013, 06:36 PM
If you look at the "history," Mullen's teams played better against good teams when he had Croom's players. Sure, State under Mullen played LSU close in 2012 when they went 13-1 and Bama close this year, but LSU and Bama DO NOT GET UP FOR STATE. If you want to call that win against an 8-5 Florida team a "signature win," then go ahead. But it wasn't. The bottom line is that State will remain at the bottom of the SEC until they get a coach with the right chemistry and recruiting. Chris Jones was an anomaly--remember that. Dan Mullen is just Croom with a bad haircut. And he can't recruit..

Quaoarsking
11-23-2013, 06:44 PM
Not that the Sagarin divinely-inspired or anything, but Croom's average Sagarin ranking was 85.8. Mullen's is 36.8, which is even better than Croom's best year (37).

Anyone who tries to equate the two just ends up humiliating themselves.

Толстой
11-23-2013, 06:48 PM
Croom was terrible. What are you talking about? I'm just saying that State played good teams better when Mullen had Croom's players. It doesn't matter. It will be a few years, then---I promise you---you will either know I was right or you'll be arguing to give Mullen 5 more years of bottom feeding

Quaoarsking
11-23-2013, 06:54 PM
You said:

Dan Mullen is just Croom with a bad haircut.

So I disproved your mind-numbingly stupid statement.

maroonmania
11-23-2013, 06:55 PM

This reflects a lot of how I am starting to feel. Most of the enthusiasm I had in Mullen's first couple of seasons has been washed away. Like you said, we are not willing to do some of the things you have to do these days to get talent needed to play with the top half of the SEC and getting to minor bowl games, for an SEC team, isn't what it used to be. The way we normally schedule OOC (not this year), 4 wins are pretty automatic even if we had Bozo the Clown as HC. Then its a matter of finding 2 bad SEC teams to beat which, like you said, KY has provided us 1 of those 2 pretty consistently the last few years. And then just finding one other SEC team on a down cycle gets us to a bowl. Heck, last year we actually had 4 SEC teams on a severe down cycle to get to 8 wins. But my biggest problem even besides the recruiting issue is that we just look like a ragged, unpolished football team to me, and that is mostly on the coaching staff. Its gotten to where we make so many mistakes that it gives us little chance to compete with good teams and is making it a challenge to get by bad teams (like today). My only hope, since we are likely sticking with Mullen, is that he continues to grow up as a HC and that our coaching staff gets better at preparing our players in the fundamentals of execution along with some of our younger better players growing up a little to hopefully help with the execution problem.

Will James
11-23-2013, 06:56 PM
So you're not going to post again until February?

Wrong. Just wont be emotionally invested in football.

Толстой
11-23-2013, 06:56 PM
That's right, in the end you will find out that Dan Mullen is just Croom with a bad haircut. Or, WTF, let's say he's a little better. Again, SO WHAT. That still puts State at bottom of SEC

Bully13
11-23-2013, 07:00 PM

What needs to be realize by ALL is that the paradigm has shifted. It is NOT the same OM-State up-down cyclical rotation. In the NEW they are playing the game and we are employing Bracky Brett. Until we join in the new THIS IS WHO WE WILL BE!! Pp

This .

OldFatDog
11-23-2013, 07:05 PM
Not that the Sagarin divinely-inspired or anything, but Croom's average Sagarin ranking was 85.8. Mullen's is 36.8, which is even better than Croom's best year (37).

Anyone who tries to equate the two just ends up humiliating themselves.

Don't go confusing them with facts.

was21
11-23-2013, 07:20 PM
..and Mullen has not once mentioned injuries as an excuse. He has his strengths. He also has some drawbacks. He needs to hire a special teams corch for certain. I think he's actually becoming a better head corch...not running his mouth as much...not going for first down in ridiculous situations and etc. etc...

CadaverDawg
11-23-2013, 07:25 PM
..and Mullen has not once mentioned injuries as an excuse. He has his strengths. He also has some drawbacks. He needs to hire a special teams corch for certain. I think he's actually becoming a better head corch...not running his mouth as much...not going for first down in ridiculous situations and etc. etc...

Not arguing, but that first sentence is not true. On his radio show he went on and on about how he has never coached a team with this many injuries and how that has really hurt us this year.

I agree with everything else you posted though.

OurState
11-23-2013, 07:31 PM

It's unclear if we played up to Bama or they played down to us.

It's not clear if we played down to Arkansas or they played up to us.

What is clear is the team is inconsistent as hell and calling any trends is a stretch.

We have a hard schedule but have lost our 6 games vs ranked teams by 96 points. It doesn't feel like we are close to anything.

601Dawg
11-23-2013, 07:32 PM
That addressed my post**

Which barometer are you using? We played Arkansas and Kentucky worse than anybody all year too if you want to play that game. IDGAF about locations of wins, that means nothing. We are a ****hair above the absolute bottom feeders of the league... in year 5

Actually if things hold we will be above Kentucky, Arkansas, Tennessee, and Florida.

Were extremely young and have played a really tough schedule next yeAr is our year.

CadaverDawg
11-23-2013, 07:36 PM
It's unclear if we played up to Bama or they played down to us.

It's not clear if we played down to Arkansas or they played up to us.

What is clear is the team is inconsistent as hell and calling any trends is a stretch.

We have a hard schedule but have lost our 6 games vs ranked teams by 96 points. It doesn't feel like we are close to anything.

Good post

MetEdDawg
11-23-2013, 07:40 PM
Our seniors are getting outplayed by their backups or hurt where they can't play. Tyler is already replaced. Perk is already replaced. Skinner is already replaced. Siddoway will be replaced. Autry will be replaced. So out of the 7 seniors that play, we've got replacements for them RIGHT NOW. How many teams can say that?

We are inconsistent because all our expected leaders except Gabe got replaced or hurt middle of the season. Combine that with the QB situation and the youth that has played (don't even try to say we aren't very young and inexperienced because there are some that will) and it's very easy to see why this team is inconsistent. We will have clear defined leaders next year. Dak is THE guy at QB. McKinney is THE guy on the defense. Calhoun and Hughes are THE guys calling out secondary. RoJo and Jameon are THE guys at WR. All our WRs return and 3 of our OL once Malone gets healthy. We will have seniors and juniors all over the field. Day, Clausell, RoJo, Jameon, Wells, PJ Jones, Preston Smith, Hughes, Arrington, Malcolm Johnson will all be seniors. That's 10 starters and I don't see any of those guys being replaced mid season. They are the guys and will play all year unless something crazy happens. Add juniors Dak, J Rob, Ryan Brown, McKinney, Calhoun, Redmond, and Malone, and that's a lot of returning experience.

Big difference going from 7 senior starters with 4 losing playing time this year because they aren't better than their backups to 10 no questions asked senior starters that will almost never come off the field.

KennyPowers2
11-23-2013, 08:29 PM

I read the first paragraph and threw up in my mouth. Forget the records and bowl games. He cannot beat a good team and is a horrible in game coach. There are too many specific instances where decisions from our staff are overwhelmingly dumb. It's like my wife is coaching the damn team. Oh and don't forget his exceptional recruiting. He does not know how to rise to the occasion.

Coach34
11-23-2013, 08:51 PM
We play UK every year so that is basically an automatic win so we just need one other win in the SEC usually. The last couple of years Ark, Aub, UT have all had some of the worst teams they have ever had. There has been as much luck involved getting to 4 bowls. Jackie would have went to 4 straight bowls but we were passed over in 1997 with a 7-4 record.

Next year Vandy will be going for their 4th bowl in a row so it isn't as big a deal as it used to be.

If we win Thursday- only 6 teams in the SEC will have played in 4 straight bowls
If we lose- only 5 SEC teams out of 14 will have played in 4 straight bowls.

You are flat out stupid or just plain lying if you say that making a bowl game for an extended period of years is easy.

It's not hard to make 1 bowl game. But it's apparently damn hard to make 4 in row. The evidence shows it. Stop with the bullshit

PMDawg
11-23-2013, 10:10 PM
If we win Thursday- only 6 teams in the SEC will have played in 4 straight bowls

You are flat out stupid or just plain lying if you say that making a bowl game for an extended period of years is easy.

It's not hard to make 1 bowl game. But it's apparently damn hard to make 4 in row. The evidence shows it. Stop with the bullshit

It will be a good accomplishment IF it happens. For sure. He's done a lot of good things and I wil always be grateful for his time here. But the current evidence points to the bottom falling out soon. We shall see.

Will James
11-23-2013, 10:11 PM
Georgia's beating the shit out of Kentucky. I cannot believe we nearly lost that game at home.

Team Stat Comparison

UK

UGA

1st Downs

3rd down efficiency

2-11
3-5

4th down efficiency

1-2
0-0

Total Yards

Passing

Comp-Att

8-15
27-35

Yards per pass

Rushing

Rushing Attempts

Yards per rush

Coach34
11-23-2013, 10:24 PM
But the current evidence points to the bottom falling out soon.

That's a huge load of bullshit. The current evidence shows that our top talent is young, our team plays hard, and we have 16 starters plus alot of depth returning next year.

Will James
11-23-2013, 10:26 PM
That's a huge load of bullshit. The current evidence shows that our top talent is young, our team plays hard, and we have 16 starters plus alot of depth returning next year.

And the coaching.....

This is our whole point, let's get a coach that can actually produce because we have a chance for a big year next year. Essentially Mullen's coaching WAR is 0.

Coach34
11-23-2013, 10:27 PM
And the coaching.....

yep- that's returning also

Will James
11-23-2013, 10:28 PM
yep- that's returning also

Can't wait for the big game heartbreaks

PMDawg
11-23-2013, 10:46 PM

Really? Then why are the "easy" games getting less easy? Why do we lose coaches every offseason and some of them to lateral or downward moves? Why are we on our 4th DC in 5 years? Why do our coaches make mind boggling decisions every game? Why is Devon Bell still playing? Why is Tyler Russell no better than he was 3-4 years ago? Why haven't we beaten a good team in 3 years now? Why did we get demolished by anyone with a pulse last year? We are we young every year? Why do we struggle to recruit QBs and OL? What the **** is up with Quay and James? Why are we 6-11 in our last 17 games with the only wins coming against historically bad Arkansas teams (x2), a SWAC team, bowling green, Kentucky, and Troy? Read that ****ing list again. Those are our ONLY wins in 17 tries. That should make you want to puke. A ****ing monkey could go at least 5-1 against that group.

Will James
11-23-2013, 10:50 PM
Really? Then why are the "easy" games getting less easy?

Why do we lose coaches every offseason and some of them to lateral or downward moves?

Why do our coaches make mind boggling decisions every game?

Why is Devon Bell still playing?

Why is Tyler Russell no better than he was 3-4 years ago?

Why haven't we beaten a good team in 3 years now?

Why did we get demolished by anyone with a pulse last year?

We are we young every year?

Why do we struggle to recruit QBs and OL?

What the **** is up with Quay and James?

Why are we 6-11 in our last 17 games with the only wins coming against historically bad Arkansas teams (x2), a SWAC team, bowling green, Kentucky, and Troy? Read that ****ing list again. Those are our ONLY wins in 17 tries. That should make you want to puke. A ****ing monkey could go at least 5-1 against that group.

b-b-b-but we had a "good season". Who cares if we had a team/coach barely above shitty teams that got embarrassed in every game vs a good team who is getting exposed this year as NEEDING TO RELY on 4 cupcakes just to make a shitty bowl

Coach34
11-23-2013, 11:07 PM
Really? Then why are the "easy" games getting less easy?- it's a 1 year thing due to youth. You didnt hear Spurrier, Sumlin, or Saban talking about how easy it was against us. Why do we lose coaches every offseason and some of them to lateral or downward moves?- Who is that? Brewster went to Fla State for a better job, Wilson and Melvin were fired. Why are we on our 4th DC in 5 years?- 2 were fired and one left for one of the top 10 programs in the nation. What dont you understand about that??? Why do our coaches make mind boggling decisions every game?- they make some really damn good decisions too. Why is Devon Bell still playing?- because he is the best we have Why is Tyler Russell no better than he was 3-4 years ago?- because he plays in an offense that doesnt suit him and is limited talent-wise. He has reached his ceiling Why haven't we beaten a good team in 3 years now?- because they are usually in the top 10 or on the road Why did we get demolished by anyone with a pulse last year?- we won 8 games and finished in the top half of the SEC last year We are we young every year?- we arent, but we are this year. Thats why we have 16 starters returning next year. Why do you just make shit up?? Why do we struggle to recruit QBs and OL?- I'm not aware that we do. Dakota, Williams, Staley, and the other kid will make a damn good group next year. Our OL isnt bad at all. What the **** is up with Quay and James?- everybody has problem children. But unlike basketball previously- we have a coach that discipline's his players. Why are we 6-11 in our last 17 games with the only wins coming against historically bad Arkansas teams (x2), a SWAC team, bowling green, Kentucky, and Troy?- rough patch, Miss State is the hardest school in the SEC to win at other than Vandy. Our recruiting in 2010 and 2011 is partly responsible for sure. Read that ****ing list again. Those are our ONLY wins in 17 tries. That should make you want to puke. A ****ing monkey could go at least 5-1 against that group.

there are your answers

Quaoarsking
11-23-2013, 11:13 PM
b-b-b-but we had a "good season". Who cares if we had a team/coach barely above shitty teams that got embarrassed in every game vs a good team who is getting exposed this year as NEEDING TO RELY on 4 cupcakes just to make a shitty bowl

I thought you had officially quit caring about MSU football? Did that only last a few hours?

Percho
11-23-2013, 11:16 PM
And the coaching.....

This is our whole point, let's get a coach that can actually produce because we have a chance for a big year next year. Essentially Mullen's coaching WAR is 0.

Do you want to pick him/her or who would you be happy with picking him/her?

Tbonewannabe
11-23-2013, 11:24 PM

You have shitty reading comprehension. I said it is EASIER THAN IT USED TO BE. What about that is incorrect? Being consistent is the first step to becoming a good program but having stupid play calls like Perkins up the gut on the goal line when he doesn't break tackles or fall forward holds us back. Having the worst ST in the SEC also prevents us from having the ability to beat teams better than us in talent. Mullen seems to be able to beat teams worse than us and sometimes equal but we haven't really been down to the wire with good teams in the last couple of years. Whether it is Mullen trying to hammer a square peg (TR) in a round hole (our offense) or he is too stubborn to realize he needs help with Special Teams.

Will James
11-23-2013, 11:27 PM
I thought you had officially quit caring about MSU football? Did that only last a few hours?

Moving forward.... The past still irks me

PMDawg
11-23-2013, 11:43 PM
there are your answers

Weak ass sauce. It's not worth arguing though. It will play itself out. I generally like you and your insight, so I don't feel like arguing with you.

Schultzy
11-24-2013, 08:10 AM
So what to do if you agree with every friggin post in this thread? We were all born MSU fans so there's no escaping that, oh well, hope we beat ole miss Thursday and we can all be have something to be happy about football wise.