PDA

View Full Version : Bailey zappe from WKU taken in 4th round

msstate7
04-30-2022, 12:43 PM
I think this is a a good sign for will Rogers. Both have limited arm strength, but good accuracy and smart.

DEDawg
04-30-2022, 01:32 PM
I think this is a a good sign for will Rogers. Both have limited arm strength, but good accuracy and smart.

Yeah makes me think 3rd round is absolute ceiling for Will. Can put up insane numbers but if you have a noodle arm NFL doesn?t view you as an impact guy

Commercecomet24
04-30-2022, 01:35 PM
I'm confident Will is going to be drafted, how high is a different story. I agree third round maybe the ceiling for him but all anyone can ask for is a shot.

msstate7
04-30-2022, 01:37 PM
A mid round pick where you can potentially be a back up qb for 4 years isn't the worst thing in the world

Quaoarsking
04-30-2022, 02:13 PM
Zappe set the NCAA single-season passing yards record this past year. Rogers will set the NCAA career passing yards record in 2024. The parallels are good.

KOdawg1
04-30-2022, 03:17 PM
I'm known as a Will hater, but honestly, if I'm drafting a backup QB in the late rounds for my team, Will is the kind of guy I want.

Smart football player who won't try to do too much. I could easily see Will being a day 3 NFL draft pick

TheLostDawg
04-30-2022, 04:53 PM
Zappe set the NCAA single-season passing yards record this past year. Rogers will set the NCAA career passing yards record in 2024. The parallels are good.

Yeah but bonus for will is going up against the best of the best

RiverCityDawg
04-30-2022, 06:10 PM

I don't know what Rogers wants to do, but if he elevates his game even a little from this past year and puts up the kind of numbers it would take to get within that record in 2024, he'll have an opportunity to get drafted after the 2023 season. At that point it just comes down to how much he loves playing college ball. There won't be anything left to prove at that point.

If he's not in a position to get drafted after 2023 the alternative is probably him getting passed by Sawyer. I'm not expecting that at this point though.

WhiskeyPirate
04-30-2022, 08:25 PM
Zappe runs a 4.78 forty and weighs 215 pounds, scouts say he throws a nice deep ball.

DEDawg
04-30-2022, 08:30 PM
Zappe runs a 4.78 forty and weighs 215 pounds, scouts say he throws a nice deep ball.

Got a link? Im just curious as I?ve watched his tape and thought his deep ball was his biggest weakness along with overall arm strength. Takes a longggg time to get there

WhiskeyPirate
04-30-2022, 08:49 PM
Google zappe nfl draft, same info I looked at is all over the net

Coach34
04-30-2022, 09:07 PM
Smart football player who won't try to do too much. I could easily see Will being a day 3 NFL draft pick

I agree with this

Coach34
04-30-2022, 09:15 PM
QB's are so scrutinized

hand size (no idea)
mobility (big minus)
intelligence (solid here)
toughness (he's solid)
football intelligence (which Rogers will do well)
pocket awareness (meh- we'll see how this improves moving forward)
arm strength (gonna hurt him here)
accuracy (big plus for him up to 20 yards)

If he stays at State 5 years he's not much of a draft pick
He certainly should stay 4
No way he declares after this Fall

WhiskeyPirate
04-30-2022, 09:30 PM
QB's are so scrutinized

hand size (no idea)
mobility (big minus)
intelligence (solid here)
toughness (he's solid)
football intelligence (which Rogers will do well)
pocket awareness (meh- we'll see how this improves moving forward)
arm strength (gonna hurt him here)
accuracy (big plus for him up to 20 yards)

If he stays at State 5 years he's not much of a draft pick
He certainly should stay 4
No way he declares after this Fall

To be honest, if you take all the emotion out of it , I don’t think Will has the physical attributes to play in the nfl, but he can be a good college qb. Very few of Leachs qbs have ever made it in the nfl.....Gardner Minshew is the only one. Graham Harrell who was a very good college q b and pretty decorated out of high school had a cup of coffee with Green Bay.

Danny Wuerfell comes to mind as a system QB who had a weak arm and couldn’t hang on in the nfl.

msstate7
04-30-2022, 09:36 PM
To be honest, if you take all the emotion out of it , I don’t think Will has the physical attributes to play in the nfl, but he can be a good college qb. Very few of Leachs qbs have ever made it in the nfl.....Gardner Minshew is the only one. Graham Harrell who was a very good college q b and pretty decorated out of high school had a cup of coffee with Green Bay.

Danny Wuerfell comes to mind as a system QB who had a weak arm and couldn’t hang on in the nfl.

Very few qbs make it, period. Getting drafted is quite an accomplishment whether they make it or not

Coach34
04-30-2022, 09:46 PM
I think he has a chance to be the next Chase McDaniel

Get rich without doing a damn thing

msstate7
04-30-2022, 09:48 PM
I think he has a chance to be the next Chase McDaniel

Get rich without doing a damn thing

Chase wasn't a McDonald's item... it's chase Daniel. He had the career I'd have loved - front row seats, nice pay, and no CTE or body failure upcoming haha