PDA

View Full Version : 1st Shooter For Jans

Ifyouonlyknew
04-30-2022, 12:29 PM
Eric Reed Jr SEMO. I think he?ll be instant offense off the bench.

Reed averaged 16.1 points and 3.3 rebounds a game. He shot 81.7% from the foul line last season and was a first-team all-Ohio Valley Conference selection. For his two-year career at Southeast Missouri State, he shot 39.8% from 3 point range.

https://youtu.be/0fiKOCybZ7E

msstate7
04-30-2022, 12:31 PM
Done deal?

Ifyouonlyknew
04-30-2022, 12:36 PM
My bad

https://twitter.com/ereed_3/status/1520450357448617985?s=21&t=WuyXO43yaeidkoOokukDrg

BayouDawg
04-30-2022, 12:40 PM
I like it. IYOK do you think Moore and others were told to look elsewhere or did they just not mesh with Jans?

Ifyouonlyknew
04-30-2022, 12:45 PM
I like it. IYOK do you think Moore and others were told to look elsewhere or did they just not mesh with Jans?

I know we wanted to keep Shak & DJ. I’m not saying he pushed the rest out the door but he didn’t try to stop them either. I think it’s a pretty decent chance DJ returns.

msstate7
04-30-2022, 12:46 PM
My bad

https://twitter.com/ereed_3/status/1520450357448617985?s=21&t=WuyXO43yaeidkoOokukDrg

Good deal. If you see him off the bench, who you see as the starting 2?

Ifyouonlyknew
04-30-2022, 12:47 PM
Good deal. If you see him off the bench, who you see as the starting 2?

I guess we’ll see how it shakes out.

NCMSTFAN
04-30-2022, 12:49 PM
I know we wanted to keep Shak & DJ. I’m not saying he pushed the rest out the door but he didn’t try to stop them either. I think it’s a pretty decent chance DJ returns.

I thought he tried keeping Garcia as well?

NCMSTFAN
04-30-2022, 12:54 PM
I watched some tape on him, he looks solid. I'm not sure how good he will be against better competition though because SEMO played no one last year. Their toughest game was Murray State.. still seems like a solid pick up, always need shooters

msstate7
04-30-2022, 12:56 PM
I watched some tape on him, he looks solid. I'm not sure how good he will be against better competition though because SEMO played no one last year. Their toughest game was Murray State.. still seems like a solid pick up, always need shooters

If he can play defense, he'll be fine. With tolu back, I expect him or someone to get some open looks going inside out

Ifyouonlyknew
04-30-2022, 01:01 PM
I thought he tried keeping Garcia as well?

We would’ve kept Garcia. We were not heartbroken because he left. I like the heart Garcia plays with but he should be the 8-9th man on a good team. He’s really limited on offense. He played hard.

jdelta02
04-30-2022, 03:03 PM
Any remember Darryl Wilson (Super D)? Any comparisons with Eric Reed's game...going off of the videos?

EdwardDrayton
04-30-2022, 05:50 PM
Hard to complain at this juncture. We’re getting pretty much what we paid for at the bargain price of $2.4 million.

NCMSTFAN
04-30-2022, 07:33 PM
Hard to complain at this juncture. We’re getting pretty much what we paid for at the bargain price of $2.4 million.

Explain more.. I think I know what your talking about but not sure

chef dixon
05-01-2022, 12:14 PM
Don't see this guy not starting

Ifyouonlyknew
05-01-2022, 01:15 PM

We’ll see

msstate7
05-01-2022, 01:22 PM

I think IYOK sees us getting someone better, which would be awesome

trob115
05-01-2022, 05:45 PM
Teddy Allen officially in the portal

msstate7
05-01-2022, 05:50 PM
Teddy Allen officially in the portal

Ok, this could be big

KOdawg1
05-01-2022, 06:05 PM
Okay, get Teddy Allen and this team gets really interesting all the sudden.

EdwardDrayton
05-01-2022, 06:46 PM
Explain more.. I think I know what your talking about but not sure

College basketball coaching salaries have escalated in alarming fashion. Does Jans 2.4 even make the top fifty? Probably not. So we didn’t get a name with a robust enough portal pull coupled with a bottom half SEC program. Tough duty for Jans and seems to be bearing out to this point. Hoping his game management and player development gets us to a better place.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-01-2022, 07:22 PM
College basketball coaching salaries have escalated in alarming fashion. Does Jans 2.4 even make the top fifty? Probably not. So we didn’t get a name with a robust enough portal pull coupled with a bottom half SEC program. Tough duty for Jans and seems to be bearing out to this point. Hoping his game management and player development gets us to a better place.

I may would hold off on this until we see what the roster looks like.

basedog
05-01-2022, 07:49 PM

I see Jan’s star at NMS is now in the portal.

NCMSTFAN
05-01-2022, 07:55 PM

Thats an interesting take and I can't say that I disagree.. Im in wait mode right now to see what he brings in before I give my final opinion.

NCMSTFAN
05-01-2022, 07:57 PM
Do you know what options are out there that we are close on getting or at least in the running to get?

Coach34
05-01-2022, 08:02 PM
Okay, get Teddy Allen and this team gets really interesting all the sudden.

Texas and other schools gonna pimp that NIL money for him. We'll see how much he loves Jan- but this one will cost us 300K or more to pull. Maybe 500K

NCMSTFAN
05-01-2022, 08:05 PM
I see Jan?s star at NMS is now in the portal.
Name?

EdwardDrayton
05-01-2022, 08:16 PM
Thats an interesting take and I can't say that I disagree.. Im in wait mode right now to see what he brings in before I give my final opinion.

Agree. Trying to understand clearly about how these NIL deals actually work and what we can hope to bring in. No one seems willing to talk about the details which begs the question what are folks trying to hide.

basedog
05-01-2022, 08:18 PM
Name?

Allen, he was rock solid in the NCAA.

CovertDawg
05-01-2022, 08:25 PM
Have to think this will put a stop to the facilities arms race. Kids don't care about new locker rooms every year. I am not sure they even care about indoor practice facilities. They care about monthly NIL payments and that is about it. While donors might like the prestige and legacy of having their name on buildings, the best return on investment for winning is going to be NIL deals. Frankly it might even get to a point where some schools question why they are paying a coach 5 million when donors could give 50 players an extra 100k a year through NIL deals.... and hire a D2 Coach on the cheap.

EdwardDrayton
05-01-2022, 09:01 PM
Have to think this will put a stop to the facilities arms race. Kids don't care about new locker rooms every year. I am not sure they even care about indoor practice facilities. They care about monthly NIL payments and that is about it. While donors might like the prestige and legacy of having their name on buildings, the best return on investment for winning is going to be NIL deals. Frankly it might even get to a point where some schools question why they are paying a coach 5 million when donors could give 50 players an extra 100k a year through NIL deals.... and hire a D2 Coach on the cheap.

This may turn into the next MBA textbook case study of ROI.

SteelCurtain74
05-01-2022, 09:03 PM
I would probably hold off any excitement of Teddy coming to State next year considering he's already declared for the NBA draft. He's a projected 2nd rounder. Also keep in mind his brother Timmy plays at Texas.

The third strike against us would be he turns 24 in June so I don't know how much he wants to play another year of college ball when he could, at worst, go play overseas and probably make more than any NIL deal here could give him.

somebodyshotmypaw
05-01-2022, 11:10 PM

This is a valid point. It’s like an employee with two job offers. OFFER ONE - salary of $70,000 with a big corner office, nice furniture, and a great view. OFFER TWO - small back office with no window, used office furniture, and a salary of $150,000?