PDA

View Full Version : Will Rogers Interview

TrapGame
04-28-2022, 09:21 AM
Watched the post practice vid of will the other day.

Damn! He's a little swole. Looks like he got a couple inches taller too. He physically looks like a SEC QB now.

BayouDawg
04-28-2022, 10:37 AM
Watched the post practice vid of will the other day.

Damn! He's a little swole. Looks like he got a couple inches taller too. He physically looks like a SEC QB now.

I noticed that too. It looks like he is finally filling out his frame. Some guys are late bloomers.

OLJWales
04-28-2022, 02:02 PM
Wool.
Good job Will & Keep at it sir. Are we watching a Kid transform to a Grown Assed Man? Can you imagine if he gets tougher to sack and more confidence to take off when warranted?

MoreCowbell
04-28-2022, 02:10 PM
Calling it, by the time he graduates/leaves he will be a first round pick. Arm will get much stronger and you cannot teach his accuracy. Great off the field and leadership qualities as well.

I was a big Will Rogers doubter start of the year but he has really grown on me. Literally

MoreCowbell
04-28-2022, 02:11 PM
Where can I find this interview?

99jc
04-28-2022, 02:49 PM
Rogers and Forbes interview from Tuesday the 26th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8XQsDgU3qQ

article added:

STARKVILLE – It's hard to overstate what a full spring season meant for Mike Leach heading into his second season as coach of Mississippi State football.

He was hired in 2020 just a couple months prior to the COVID-19 outbreak. He was forced to teach a new team how to run the Air Raid, a repetition-based offense, without an offseason. The season that followed was an ugly 4-7 campaign.

Last season, MSU got to show what time and practice meant for this coaching staff’s system. Mississippi State took significant strides in all phases besides special teams and finished with a 7-6 record along with four SEC wins.

Another spring is in the books for Leach following the Bulldogs final practice and scrimmage Tuesday.

Here’s what we learned this spring from Mississippi State.

Expectations are high for Will Rogers
Leach repeatedly reminded those who criticized Will Rogers last season of the quarterback’s youth. When Rogers took the field in a mid-October loss against Alabama, he was a game shy of a full season’s worth of career starts.

Leach noted that in his push for patience, and it showed in the latter half of the season. Rogers wound up breaking numerous Mississippi State single-season passing records and built a name for himself.
There will be few excuses in place for Rogers heading into the 2022 season, and he knows it.

“The pressure can build up sometimes, but I try not to hear the outside noise,” Rogers said. “Coach Leach says all the time to ignore the noise. That’s gonna be my goal for this season, probably just to shut off social media. I don’t wanna see the good, the bad. I don’t wanna see any of it.”
FanDuel has Rogers at No. 22 in its Heisman betting lines, just a couple spots behind Alabama linebacker Will Anderson — a potential No. 1 pick in the 2023 NFL Draft. The odds are lofty (+8,000) but it’s a testament to how his name has grown in national conversations.

He was the undisputed starting quarterback during spring practice and will be moving forward. The question is if his game can continue to progress with reps.

Defensive front has plenty of depth
Mississippi State’s front six on defense is stacked with Jordan Davis, Jett Johnson and Cameron Young. And those are only the players who were limited in the spring.

MSU expects to have a plethora of depth up front after owning one of the best rushing defenses in college football last year.

Mississippi State had good depth at linebacker last season with Tyrus Wheat as the standout and a mixture of Johnson, Nathaniel Watson and Aaron Brule rotating in the other two spots. Brule transferred to Michigan State but DeShawn Page has taken a clear step to help replace him.

Defensive coordinator Zach Arnett has ensured this group of linebackers can play in any slot, giving MSU a chance for fresh legs while also providing a security blanket for injuries as was seen with Johnson missing much of the spring with a fractured hand.

So, what about kicker?
Mississippi State might have itself a kicker this season. The Bulldogs added a plethora of legs after their notorious struggles at kicker last season.
The leader in the clubhouse for the starting spot appears to be Massimo Biscardi. The Coastal Carolina transfer has been consistent in spring scrimmages – making all three kicks Tuesday from 38, 42 and 47 yards.

Ben Raybon missed a pair of kicks in the final scrimmage, but he didn’t sell himself short. Raybon made a 57-yard kick last season with Northern Colorado. If he can find accuracy, he could add another dimension to special teams.

BeardoMSU
04-28-2022, 02:53 PM
Y'all are talented if you can judge a players height by a headshot...***

TrapGame
04-28-2022, 03:23 PM

Dude, you can obviously tell he's gotten taller by comparing him to the jumbotron in the background. I mean, gosh. *****

Coach34
04-28-2022, 03:47 PM
The wool always grows so fast in the offseason

Cowbell
04-28-2022, 03:52 PM

Us ranchers call that compensatory gain for not growing any during the season lol

TrapGame
04-28-2022, 04:12 PM

And it's usually completely sheared off by October. Hopefully not this season.

EdwardDrayton
04-28-2022, 07:11 PM
Calling it, by the time he graduates/leaves he will be a first round pick. Arm will get much stronger and you cannot teach his accuracy. Great off the field and leadership qualities as well.

I was a big Will Rogers doubter start of the year but he has really grown on me. Literally

Still a doubter. But hope I?m wrong. For your and Leach?s sake.

SailingDawg
04-28-2022, 07:19 PM
Kids keep growing. College guys get a couple of inches taller, girls get a couple of inches of vodka around the waist.

Coach34
04-28-2022, 08:01 PM
Zero chance Rogers is a 1st round pick

Catfish
04-28-2022, 08:35 PM
Real good interview. Will is a modest guy and is ready to get the season started. He has definitely bulked up.

WhiskeyPirate
04-28-2022, 09:14 PM

Make that less than zero

OLJWales
04-28-2022, 11:37 PM

17 that. Quit trying to be a disruptive asshole.

FISHDAWG
04-29-2022, 07:16 AM
finally ... some news about our spring training. I like how Arnett is cross-training the LB corp so they can play each others position if needed. Also like hearing that we could possibly have some depth at the DL ..... however, no mention of the OL. I hope that's not gonna be a problem for us but I know we are all expecting it to be

ZedFedder
04-29-2022, 08:00 AM
If Matt Corral isn’t a first round pick, Will Rogers definitely isn’t.

Coach34
04-29-2022, 08:54 AM

Him performing well in college has nothing to do with being a 1st round pick. He doesnt have the arm or measurables to be a 1st round draft pick. If that hurts your feelings- I'm sorry.

TrapGame
04-29-2022, 10:13 AM
If Matt Corral isn’t a first round pick, Will Rogers definitely isn’t.

Matt's problem is off the field. That's why he isn't a first round pick. Not saying Rogers will be but Matt's got issues.

Fader21
04-29-2022, 11:30 AM
I think the camera operator got shorter. ****

MaroonFlounder
04-29-2022, 01:49 PM
He will put up crazy stats...but it won't move the needle in the win/loss column.

7-5

QuadrupleOption
04-29-2022, 03:41 PM
And it's usually completely sheared off by October. Hopefully not this season.

Replacing Cross will be tough (impossible) but hopefully the rest of the line is better than last year to help make up for it. I expect our WR unit and QB unit to be more cohesive which will also help. Still, we won't know what we have until we kick off.

If we get a kicker that's worth a damn, and learn how to cover punts/kickoffs we won't lose games on special teams like we did last season, so that might help.

I can see us being better overall but still struggling to find wins, especially with Alabama and Georgia on the schedule. 8-4 would be huge for this team.

BuckyIsAB****
04-29-2022, 05:14 PM
finally ... some news about our spring training. I like how Arnett is cross-training the LB corp so they can play each others position if needed. Also like hearing that we could possibly have some depth at the DL ..... however, no mention of the OL. I hope that's not gonna be a problem for us but I know we are all expecting it to be

0 of our LBs could play safety with any success. JP Purvis could but we tried that already

MoreCowbell
04-30-2022, 12:33 AM

If he continues on the trajectory he has been getting better each year, think he has a chance.

MoreCowbell
04-30-2022, 12:34 AM
He has another 3 years eligibility correct?

Todd4State
04-30-2022, 01:46 AM
Replacing Cross will be tough (impossible) but hopefully the rest of the line is better than last year to help make up for it. I expect our WR unit and QB unit to be more cohesive which will also help. Still, we won't know what we have until we kick off.

If we get a kicker that's worth a damn, and learn how to cover punts/kickoffs we won't lose games on special teams like we did last season, so that might help.

I can see us being better overall but still struggling to find wins, especially with Alabama and Georgia on the schedule. 8-4 would be huge for this team.

I feel like absolute worst case scenario at LT is Nick Jones who I thought did OK in the Liberty Bowl.

BuckyIsAB****
04-30-2022, 08:54 AM
He has another 3 years eligibility correct?

Yes

MaroonFlounder
04-30-2022, 02:54 PM
Sawyer will transfer out if Will uses all his eligibility up.

EdwardDrayton
04-30-2022, 05:58 PM
If he continues on the trajectory he has been getting better each year, think he has a chance.

And what IF just the stickers are all made in China.

Homedawg
04-30-2022, 07:27 PM

He's just making a point that's true

Homedawg
04-30-2022, 07:28 PM

He doesn't have the arm strength...

WhiskeyPirate
04-30-2022, 07:45 PM
He doesn't have the arm strength...

He also runs about a 6 flat forty with a very frail build and he can’t throw the ball more than 40 yards in the air. That’s reality.

BuckyIsAB****
04-30-2022, 08:05 PM
He also runs about a 6 flat forty with a very frail build and he can’t throw the ball more than 40 yards in the air. That’s reality.

Talking out your ass here

WhiskeyPirate
04-30-2022, 08:14 PM
Talking out your ass here

Please be more specific. Can he throw the ball more than forty yards in the air ? I have not seen it and highly doubt it. His true forty time has to be somewhere between 5.5 and 6.0. He has a very frail build and I would imagine struggles with 190 pounds on the bench press. All of these facts would weigh heavily against him being drafted in the top three rounds.

If Will has great stats and overachieves the next three years, and I’m rooting for him to do it.....would still result in him being a late round pick/un
Undrafted free agent......which in many cases is a better deal.

BuckyIsAB****
05-01-2022, 08:37 AM
Please be more specific. Can he throw the ball more than forty yards in the air ? I have not seen it and highly doubt it. His true forty time has to be somewhere between 5.5 and 6.0. He has a very frail build and I would imagine struggles with 190 pounds on the bench press. All of these facts would weigh heavily against him being drafted in the top three rounds.

If Will has great stats and overachieves the next three years, and I?m rooting for him to do it.....would still result in him being a late round pick/un
Undrafted free agent......which in many cases is a better deal.

All of that is wrong but go on. Like wrong to the point of embarrassing yourself

FISHDAWG
05-01-2022, 09:37 AM
0 of our LBs could play safety with any success. JP Purvis could but we tried that already

Why would a LB play safety? I was talking about inside verses outside and middle positions

BuckyIsAB****
05-01-2022, 11:02 AM
Why would a LB play safety? I was talking about inside verses outside and middle positions

Im sorry I misunderstood

OLJWales
05-01-2022, 11:35 AM
I'm still wondering if Will sill has some physical growth left in him that could increase speed , arm, and body strength. He seems to be so physically young.

RiverCityDawg
05-01-2022, 05:05 PM
I'm still wondering if Will sill has some physical growth left in him that could increase speed , arm, and body strength. He seems to be so physically young.

In the early practice drills before the first scrimmage I watched this spring, he was flicking it out there on the long ones every bit as easy as Sawyer. There was a noticeable difference between those two and all the other QBs.

The arm strength concerns with Will are greatly exaggerated. Does he have a cannon? No, but it's fine and far from the noodle arm many of our fans think.

The biggest thing he could do to improve is work on his footwork within the pocket, moving up our out as needed to buy another second to throw.

Catfish
05-01-2022, 05:48 PM
Will's gonna be just fine.

ShotgunDawg
05-02-2022, 04:52 PM
Rogers and Forbes interview from Tuesday the 26th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8XQsDgU3qQ

article added:

STARKVILLE ? It's hard to overstate what a full spring season meant for Mike Leach heading into his second season as coach of Mississippi State football.

He was hired in 2020 just a couple months prior to the COVID-19 outbreak. He was forced to teach a new team how to run the Air Raid, a repetition-based offense, without an offseason. The season that followed was an ugly 4-7 campaign.

Last season, MSU got to show what time and practice meant for this coaching staff?s system. Mississippi State took significant strides in all phases besides special teams and finished with a 7-6 record along with four SEC wins.

Another spring is in the books for Leach following the Bulldogs final practice and scrimmage Tuesday.

Here?s what we learned this spring from Mississippi State.

Expectations are high for Will Rogers
Leach repeatedly reminded those who criticized Will Rogers last season of the quarterback?s youth. When Rogers took the field in a mid-October loss against Alabama, he was a game shy of a full season?s worth of career starts.

Leach noted that in his push for patience, and it showed in the latter half of the season. Rogers wound up breaking numerous Mississippi State single-season passing records and built a name for himself.
There will be few excuses in place for Rogers heading into the 2022 season, and he knows it.

?The pressure can build up sometimes, but I try not to hear the outside noise,? Rogers said. ?Coach Leach says all the time to ignore the noise. That?s gonna be my goal for this season, probably just to shut off social media. I don?t wanna see the good, the bad. I don?t wanna see any of it.?
FanDuel has Rogers at No. 22 in its Heisman betting lines, just a couple spots behind Alabama linebacker Will Anderson ? a potential No. 1 pick in the 2023 NFL Draft. The odds are lofty (+8,000) but it?s a testament to how his name has grown in national conversations.

He was the undisputed starting quarterback during spring practice and will be moving forward. The question is if his game can continue to progress with reps.

Defensive front has plenty of depth
Mississippi State?s front six on defense is stacked with Jordan Davis, Jett Johnson and Cameron Young. And those are only the players who were limited in the spring.

MSU expects to have a plethora of depth up front after owning one of the best rushing defenses in college football last year.

Mississippi State had good depth at linebacker last season with Tyrus Wheat as the standout and a mixture of Johnson, Nathaniel Watson and Aaron Brule rotating in the other two spots. Brule transferred to Michigan State but DeShawn Page has taken a clear step to help replace him.

Defensive coordinator Zach Arnett has ensured this group of linebackers can play in any slot, giving MSU a chance for fresh legs while also providing a security blanket for injuries as was seen with Johnson missing much of the spring with a fractured hand.

So, what about kicker?
Mississippi State might have itself a kicker this season. The Bulldogs added a plethora of legs after their notorious struggles at kicker last season.
The leader in the clubhouse for the starting spot appears to be Massimo Biscardi. The Coastal Carolina transfer has been consistent in spring scrimmages ? making all three kicks Tuesday from 38, 42 and 47 yards.

Ben Raybon missed a pair of kicks in the final scrimmage, but he didn?t sell himself short. Raybon made a 57-yard kick last season with Northern Colorado. If he can find accuracy, he could add another dimension to special teams.

Still looks 12

Catfish
05-02-2022, 06:20 PM
Still looks 12

LOL, yup.

MrCoachKlein
05-05-2022, 09:51 AM

I don't really get cross training the Sam backer. Maybe I misunderstand our scheme, but I thought Will & Mike were somewhat similar skill set in being 'normal LB' like the 3 in a 43 or the 2 middle LB in a 34 and the Sam was more of an edge rusher like the outside LB in a 34.

RocketDawg
05-05-2022, 07:00 PM

Haha. And down to the inch.