PDA

View Full Version : WPS, asking for a friend

TheLostDawg
04-27-2022, 09:51 PM
Is Arkansas AD really good at finding coaches or is there some guys in the department that has really made a difference lately

WPS
04-28-2022, 12:01 PM
It's definitely been a huge uptick across most sports since the new AD was hired so he deserves a lot of credit. With Pittman I don't really know if anyone saw him having this much success and he probably wasn't our first choice but he really wanted to be here and wasn't making excuses for why you can't win at Arkansas so that meant a lot for hiring him. Musselman's energy and personality was perfect for what we needed at the time and it was a great evaluation even though some teams may have been scared to hire him since he had a few incidents with a DUI and scuffle with coaches when he was in the D-League in his past.

Those are really the only big hires he's made so far though. Van Horn has been winning for a while. The WBB and Softball coaches were hired by Jeff Long. The biggest difference from the Jeff Long era I think is the mindset of winning being more of a priority than making money. Long was more of a businessman while Yurachek will get down on the field and celebrate with the fans/players. Long never really cared that much about going 2-10 if the academics and bottom line were good. Firing Mike Anderson his first year on the job was pretty ballsy.

FISHDAWG
04-28-2022, 12:06 PM
I'm a Sam Pittman fan ... He has impressed me and I love the beer drinking country boy style ... not to mention he's a pretty good football coach

StarkVegasSteve
04-28-2022, 05:02 PM
I'm a Sam Pittman fan ... He has impressed me and I love the beer drinking country boy style ... not to mention he's a pretty good football coach

Not to mention he has two of the best coordinators in P5. He's taken the CEO approach and stuck with it. He's just like O except he's learned not to meddle in the offense or defense.