PDA

View Full Version : Hitting

Pinto
04-26-2022, 09:53 PM
Is it the players?

Is it the coaching?

Is it our recruiting?

Has our hitting progressed any this year?

msstate7
04-26-2022, 09:56 PM
I thought we hit the ball alright tonight. Just not the park to hit towering fly balls.

Commercecomet24
04-26-2022, 10:04 PM
We absolutely smoked at least half a dozen balls tonight. Om made a couple of really good plays to take away extra bases, and in any other park Cumbest has 2 hrs and we have 1 or 2 others. All a player can do is hit the ball hard after that it's out of the players hands and we hit the ball hard tonight. Sometimes that's what happens.

Cooterpoot
04-26-2022, 10:20 PM
When you're a HR or bust team, minor league parks are not your friend. I hate the type hitting team we are. Got to have some guys that get on base and make things happen. Also, if scoring was the same as it used to be, we'd be a pretty weak fielding team.

Todd4State
04-26-2022, 11:09 PM
I'll add the wind was blowing in and the air was pretty humid. It felt like early March or late February tonight.

Todd4State
04-26-2022, 11:11 PM
Is it the players?

Is it the coaching?

Is it our recruiting?

Has our hitting progressed any this year?

Only way to combat it is to have more guys that are OBP oriented that can steal bases and things like that.

But that said I've see a ton of games at Trustmark Park and on a typical April day where the air isn't damp most of those balls go out of the yard for us.