PDA

View Full Version : Tolu officially coming back

BeardoMSU
04-26-2022, 02:21 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FRSRrQbVUAIvRGu?format=jpg&name=medium

Saltydog
04-26-2022, 02:25 PM
Who knew there was any loyalty left in the NCAA. He's the kind of player other guys want to play with. Now Jans needs to start getting some players.

Thick
04-26-2022, 02:39 PM
He might be an all time favorite for many of us just by his returning message. I hope he kills it next year!

NCMSTFAN
04-26-2022, 05:44 PM
I'm glad he's staying... big piece for Jans in the middle. Now he has to surround him with some players. We desperately need some Gaurds and shooters..right now our only ball handler is DeShawn Davis

TheLostDawg
04-26-2022, 06:33 PM
So Leach was seen a running off the weak and the Dawgs stayed. Can the same be said for Jans?

R2Dawg
04-26-2022, 06:51 PM
Gotta love Tolu, he s all Dawg.

Coach34
04-26-2022, 07:05 PM
Who knew there was any loyalty left in the NCAA.

It cost us some money. Loyalty aint free anymore

chef dixon
04-26-2022, 07:07 PM
Maybe he will actually stay healthy

NCMSTFAN
04-26-2022, 07:10 PM
So Leach was seen a running off the weak and the Dawgs stayed. Can the same be said for Jans?

Andersson Garcia and Shakeel Moore were both tough nosed players who wanted to be coached. I wouldn't consider them weak, Fountain was too.. Sometimes when coaching changes happen the new coach and old players just don't mesh.

Keeping Tolu was huge, now I'm curious to see who Jans brings in. We need 6 players.. thats alot

EdwardDrayton
04-26-2022, 07:39 PM
It cost us some money. Loyalty aint free anymore

Not sure how you mean this Coach. Are you implying it took under the table money from the booster crowd or otherwise he doesn’t stay?

msstate7
04-26-2022, 07:55 PM
Andersson Garcia and Shakeel Moore were both tough nosed players who wanted to be coached. I wouldn't consider them weak, Fountain was too.. Sometimes when coaching changes happen the new coach and old players just don't mesh.

Keeping Tolu was huge, now I'm curious to see who Jans brings in. We need 6 players.. thats alot

I hope Moore and Garcia reconsider.

Coach34
04-26-2022, 08:52 PM
Not sure how you mean this Coach. Are you implying it took under the table money from the booster crowd or otherwise he doesn’t stay?

I’m saying LSU offered 250K NIL for him to transfer to them. So you can bet it cost us some green to keep him. Loyalty cost us at least 250K

Coach34
04-26-2022, 08:54 PM

Seriously? These guys are about money. They are jumping at money offers right and left. Every player now is about what you gonna give them. Money talks now

NCMSTFAN
04-26-2022, 09:30 PM
Seriously? These guys are about money. They are jumping at money offers right and left. Every player now is about what you gonna give them. Money talks now

You can't prove that, you don't the dynamics in the locker room and how they gelled with Jans. And let's be honest, the world revolves around money, everyone is trying to better themselves and their family... plus Moore and Garcia came to play for Howland not Jans, just because they left doesn't mean it was just for money

CovertDawg
04-26-2022, 09:47 PM

Yep, https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1519102337490563074

Wichita State player enters the portal.....gets NIL deals from Wichita supporters, back at Wichita State all within a few days

EdwardDrayton
04-26-2022, 10:04 PM
I?m saying LSU offered 250K NIL for him to transfer to them. So you can bet it cost us some green to keep him. Loyalty cost us at least 250K

OK. But if I understand how this works ? and granted I may not yet ? the schools have nothing to do with arranging these NIL deals or making these payments. A third party for-profit entity puts the businesses and the athletes together. And the athlete reports the deal to the school and the school tries to determine if the deal conforms to state law. So guess I?m not understanding how the school is involved with securing athletes with NIL deals.

EdwardDrayton
04-26-2022, 10:12 PM
Another question mark is can boosters now legitimately funnel their payments to players through businesses in the form of NIL deals. Even if the funds expended have no real marketing return to the businesses. I mean who’s going to police this stuff.

OLJWales
04-27-2022, 05:17 AM
Another question mark is can boosters now legitimately funnel their payments to players through businesses in the form of NIL deals. Even if the funds expended have no real marketing return to the businesses. I mean who’s going to police this stuff.

I'm thinking coaches are in direct contact with cigar boys discussing rosters and how to slice up the NIL Pie. Who knows, maybe some of our defectors were low bid per Jans' instruction thinking he can get a better replacement. I'm glad we have a coach with JUCO Experience fielding teams on the fly every year.

EdwardDrayton
04-27-2022, 07:58 AM
I'm thinking coaches are in direct contact with cigar boys discussing rosters and how to slice up the NIL Pie. Who knows, maybe some of our defectors were low bid per Jans' instruction thinking he can get a better replacement. I'm glad we have a coach with JUCO Experience fielding teams on the fly every year.

Starting to get the feeling it’s the Wild West until whoever is going to police this gets a handle on it. And apparently Mark Emmert feels he wants no part of this mess.

BeardoMSU
04-28-2022, 07:25 PM
Cam is coming back too!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FRc_qcOXwAE0aDh?format=jpg&name=small

msstate7
04-28-2022, 07:28 PM
Cam is coming back too!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FRc_qcOXwAE0aDh?format=jpg&name=small

I like cam

BeardoMSU
04-28-2022, 07:47 PM
I like cam

I do too.

He also seems like the type of guy Jans will max out.

EdwardDrayton
04-28-2022, 07:55 PM
I am a big Cam fan. Gives all he has every minute on the floor. But let’s be real. That Jans can’t upgrade with that scholly is not a positive.

NCMSTFAN
04-28-2022, 08:15 PM
I am a big Cam fan. Gives all he has every minute on the floor. But let’s be real. That Jans can’t upgrade with that scholly is not a positive.

Are you saying Jans should have upgraded with Cams scholarship?

NCMSTFAN
04-28-2022, 08:20 PM
I love Matthews and I'm glad he is staying too! Hard nosed tough player... but I'm a little concerned that we have 6 spots to fill and haven't had any other commits. I've seen where we've offered a bunch of guys and are in some players top 10.... but no strong commits yet. With 6 spots open I would think players would love the opportunity to come in and get playing time.

PGHBulldogBG
04-28-2022, 09:06 PM
I don?t worry as much about the recruiting with Jans because I know he?s a good coach. First good actual good floor coach we have had since Williams and we saw what that got us

NCMSTFAN
04-28-2022, 09:27 PM
I don?t worry as much about the recruiting with Jans because I know he?s a good coach. First good actual good floor coach we have had since Williams and we saw what that got us

I've seen a few people say this and while I understand what your saying, I dont agree.. you need balance there. Yes coaching is VERY important but you have to have the talent. New Mexico State had some pretty good teams but you can't recruit NM State talent to the SEC and think coaching alone will get you championships. Making a run in the tourney is different than playing UK, Tennessee, Arkansas, Auburn etc week in and week out.. talent has to be there

YazooDawg23
04-29-2022, 07:55 AM
My hope is the basketball portal will reward teams that may be a little patient and do not reach. Yes 6 spots is a lot but I am still optimistic.

NCMSTFAN
04-29-2022, 11:26 AM
My hope is the basketball portal will reward teams that may be a little patient and do not reach. Yes 6 spots is a lot but I am still optimistic.

It's possible but if you wait too long your probably picking at the bottom of the barrel. I don't expect to see him sign 6 All conference players tomorrow, but get 2 or 3 right now and then build around that. Right now we barely have a PG.