msstate7
04-26-2022, 06:49 AM
State #76 rpi
OM #64
Mizzou #38

Gotta have 3, dawgs

Captain Falcon
04-26-2022, 07:09 AM
I think the Mizzou games are more important than the game tonight. Not a big deal if we lose in Pearl if we win two in CoMo.

KOdawg1
04-26-2022, 07:53 AM
Really need to sweep this weekend to put us in a good spot. Win 3 this weekend and then all we'd have to do is find 3 wins between UF, @A&M, and Tennessee. Very doable.

Cooterpoot
04-26-2022, 08:35 AM
Need a sweep but winning the series is fine. Just win series and we're in. An extra OOC win along the way would help too.

Cowbell
04-26-2022, 08:51 AM
Need a sweep but winning the series is fine. Just win series and we're in. An extra OOC win along the way would help too.

Especially against a former number one team LOLZ

Coach34
04-26-2022, 09:01 AM
We need today for the RPI. And also because it's Mississippi. Enough said.

But its going to come down to getting 14 SEC wins. Thats our magic number

BeardoMSU
04-26-2022, 09:09 AM
Is there no streaming option for tonight's game?

TNDawg35
04-26-2022, 09:14 AM
Today really doesn’t mean shit besides RPI and the cup. We get to 14 SEC wins and we’re In. 13 and we’re sweating it, 12 we’re sitting at home.

TNDawg35

I heard SEC+ with Jim having the call… thats what Twitter was saying.

FISHDAWG

ESPN shows it on SEC+

BeardoMSU
04-26-2022, 09:15 AM
I heard SEC+ with Jim having the call… thats what Twitter was saying.

Ok, cool.

BeardoMSU
04-26-2022, 09:15 AM
ESPN shows it on SEC+

Thanks. My eyes somehow missed that when I was looking at the guide.

StarkVegasSteve
04-26-2022, 11:32 AM
We really need a sweep this weekend and then need to take 2-3 from Florida. We need to be sitting at 13 SEC wins going into the last two series. That gives you a bit of a margin of error and it also basically evens out the LSU sweep from a W/L perspective. I don't like the idea of having to go to A&M, against the guy who wanted to be our coach, needing to get two wins so that even if we are swept by Tennessee we will feel ok about our postseason hopes.

Leroy Jenkins
04-26-2022, 04:00 PM
Man, that LSU sweep was a serious gut-punch to the season.

State82
04-26-2022, 05:32 PM
Man, that LSU sweep was a serious gut-punch to the season.
No doubt. Number 1 rule.....just don't get swept. And it's a cardinal sin if you get swept at home.

msstate7
04-26-2022, 09:55 PM
Update;
Mizzou 44th
OM 60th
Us 80th

Sweep or we in trouble

Commercecomet24
04-26-2022, 09:59 PM
14 SEC wins and rpi doesn't matter, we are in.

msstate7
04-26-2022, 10:22 PM
14 SEC wins and rpi doesn't matter, we are in.

Idk, but I hope so. Anyone got any examples of this?

msstate7
04-26-2022, 10:27 PM
Georgia last year was 31-25 (13-17) RPI 44, and they were left out. Bama last year was 32-26 (12-17) rpi 36, and they got in.

I think you guys are really underestimating how horrible our RPI is

State82
04-26-2022, 10:44 PM
We have played ten 3-game series so far and have swept exactly one.....the powerhouse Princeton. So, we aren't going to Columbia, MO and winning 3 games. We don't have the arms, bats or balls to do that. On top of that, to get to 14 conference wins we have to play .500 ball in the final four series with two of them on the road and one of the home series against what is probably the most complete and dominating collegiate baseball squad in recent memory. Ain't happening.

Offshore Dawg
04-27-2022, 07:56 AM
12 SEC games left to win 6 or 7 to get into post season. Missouri may get some rained out and they are in last place. That and the possibility of being swept by Tennessee, and it's not looking good.

Coach34
04-27-2022, 10:56 AM
Georgia last year was 31-25 (13-17) RPI 44, and they were left out. Bama last year was 32-26 (12-17) rpi 36, and they got in.

Georgia wasnt the defending national champ either

Commercecomet24
04-27-2022, 11:00 AM

No what I'm saying is if you finish right at .500 in the SEC(#1 baseball conference), are the defending NC, you're AD is on the NCAA baseball committee, that the rpi won't matter.

Captain Falcon
04-27-2022, 02:50 PM
We?re just barely outside the field according to D1. Win two this weekend and I think you can live with this week. But we also need to win two against a crumbling Florida team at home next weekend. They are 6-12 and just lost their ace for the season.

TheLostDawg
04-27-2022, 03:23 PM
We have played ten 3-game series so far and have swept exactly one.....the powerhouse Princeton. So, we aren't going to Columbia, MO and winning 3 games. We don't have the arms, bats or balls to do that. On top of that, to get to 14 conference wins we have to play .500 ball in the final four series with two of them on the road and one of the home series against what is probably the most complete and dominating collegiate baseball squad in recent memory. Ain't happening.

I disagree though it certainly going to be hard. 2/3 Missouri and Florida and just get one against TAMU and Tennessee. Any extra win, we can take the must win one away from Tennessee.

msstate7
05-01-2022, 05:43 PM
We went 1-3, and we're currently 86th in rpi. This team from lemonis to VS (lowest player) is an abomination.

KOdawg1
05-01-2022, 05:45 PM
We went 1-3, and we're currently 86th in rpi. This team from lemonis to VS (lowest player) is an abomination.

An absolute disgrace to the M over S.

Coach34
05-01-2022, 07:13 PM
yeah this season is over

StarkVegasSteve
05-01-2022, 10:44 PM
So to recap: We sit at 8 wins on the year needing 6 more to feel like we have a fighting chance. I'm not sure I see 3 wins remaining much less 6. This season is OVER.

CadaverDawg
05-01-2022, 10:54 PM
So to recap: We sit at 8 wins on the year needing 6 more to feel like we have a fighting chance. I'm not sure I see 3 wins remaining much less 6. This season is OVER.

We have 9 wins, but your point remains...season is over. What a bummer. Once again MSU fails to ride the momentum of a big season. I know we had injuries, but even before them we looked awful. No excuse for a defending national champion MSU, or any M over S team for that matter, to look this bad.

My biggest fear was that we finally reach the pinnacle and then lose all of our grit and toughness. Those things are are the one constant with MSU teams in history, talented or not. We look like a team and a coaching staff that got a taste of success and got complacent and soft. It took hard work for those teams to overcome coaching change after coaching change and still make Regionals and Omaha...these young fellas and transfers act like they think they can just put on that uniform and Regionals and Omaha are a guarantee. It doesn't work like that.

I want to see that scrappy dirtbag mentality back. Lemonis may think he earned a lifetime of job security, but in my opinion we made Omaha the years leading up to his arrival, and we can do it the years after his departure. You're not bigger than MSU baseball, Lem...so figure this shit out, or someone else can.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/xThuWiF9uce739ZX8s/200.gif

basedog
05-02-2022, 07:46 AM
We have 9 wins, but your point remains...season is over. What a bummer. Once again MSU fails to ride the momentum of a big season. I know we had injuries, but even before them we looked awful. No excuse for a defending national champion MSU, or any M over S team for that matter, to look this bad.

My biggest fear was that we finally reach the pinnacle and then lose all of our grit and toughness. Those things are are the one constant with MSU teams in history, talented or not. We look like a team and a coaching staff that got a taste of success and got complacent and soft. It took hard work for those teams to overcome coaching change after coaching change and still make Regionals and Omaha...these young fellas and transfers act like they think they can just put on that uniform and Regionals and Omaha are a guarantee. It doesn't work like that.

I want to see that scrappy dirtbag mentality back. Lemonis may think he earned a lifetime of job security, but in my opinion we made Omaha the years leading up to his arrival, and we can do it the years after his departure. You're not bigger than MSU baseball, Lem...so figure this shit out, or someone else can.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/xThuWiF9uce739ZX8s/200.gif

Good post! Way too much celebration from fans, players and coaches. I think "we all" thought we would be back in Omaha and the team forgot to put the time into practicing or working hard enough. Yes on we need "dirt baggers' who play with passion, emotion and add much needed speed to the lineup along with depth to build competition.

As we watched this season unfold something is bad wrong, we are so inconsistent not only from one inning to the next, but from one game to another.

Time to man up and go back to work, there are no more trophies for just playing baseball in the Sec like some travel ball team! I'm old school where you work hard for results, not just showing up thinking "aw we got this"!

This past weekend just pissed me off watching!

CadaverDawg
05-02-2022, 07:56 AM
Good post! Way too much celebration from fans, players and coaches. I think "we all" thought we would be back in Omaha and the team forgot to put the time into practicing or working hard enough. Yes on we need "dirt baggers' who play with passion, emotion and add much needed speed to the lineup along with depth to build competition.

As we watched this season unfold something is bad wrong, we are so inconsistent not only from one inning to the next, but from one game to another.

Time to man up and go back to work, there are no more trophies for just playing baseball in the Sec like some travel ball team! I'm old school where you work hard for results, not just showing up thinking "aw we got this"!

Well said. I agree completely

PGHBulldogBG
05-02-2022, 08:57 AM
One of the biggest issues is that we dug ourselves a huge hole in the non conference. There is no excuse for us to lose more than 3 games (USM, 1 Tulane and 1 TTU). This is more so the issue than the 9-12 conference record. Had we taken care of business in non conference we would still have a shot because our RPI would probably at least be in the 50s. The 3 remaining series are against top 25 RPI so any wins would only help the RPI.

StarkVegasSteve
05-02-2022, 10:44 AM

This was one of my fears when we were parading the team everywhere and treating the players like gods. Complacency. They got this sense of invincibility and just thought they could turn it on and off. I was never a fan of the parade, but I understood why they did it. I hated putting the logo on the football gear, LSU has one 6 national championship and not once did they do that. We made it seem like it was the biggest accomplishment of all time instead of telling them good job, now go win another. July 2nd their minds should've been on how do we get back. Instead they were being told how star spangled awesome they were and that they were "legends" as I heard more than a few people refer to them as. We have three legends in this program. Two of them have statues and the other has the stadium named after him. ONE NOT DONE should've been the motto. Instead it seems like it was REBUILD AND RELAX.

PMDawg
05-02-2022, 11:22 AM
Every pitcher wants to set a single game strike out record. Every batter wants to hit a HR every at bat. Coaches need to reign that crap in and start working on playing baseball. Move runners over, get a single, or find a gap for a double. Hey, Hines, James, LoTan, Cumbest, and Clark - every AB does not need to be an attempt at a HR! Hey pitchers, change speed, ball level, and work the corners! A two pitch ground out is better than a 7 pitch K 90% of the time. And can we stop walking 8 batters per game (it feels like 8)?