PDA

View Full Version : Corral "Kind of a Mess"

Todd4State
04-23-2022, 11:00 PM
Per a NFL OC

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-teams-reportedly-worried-about-top-qb-prospect-s-off-field-issues/ar-AAWvdFC?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=cf9a1205f0744b858af6d8d895de8eb0

BeardoMSU
04-23-2022, 11:04 PM
It will probably benefit him to slide in the draft tbh....more likely he'll land on a decent team.

Homedawg
04-23-2022, 11:05 PM
It will probably benefit him to slide in the draft tbh....more likely he'll land on a decent team.

Decent teams dont draft people like him. Teams like the jets do. Over and over and over. And wonder why they suck and pick early in the draft every year

BeardoMSU
04-23-2022, 11:09 PM
Decent teams dont draft people like him. Teams like the jets do. Over and over and over. And wonder why they suck and pick early in the draft every year

I hope the jets or Detroit draft him, lol, but cmon....nfl teams draft dipshits all the time. Every single year. Even in the 1st round. Even Decent ones.

Homedawg
04-23-2022, 11:12 PM
I hope the jets or Detroit draft him, lol, but cmon....nfl teams draft dipshits all the time. Every single year. Even in the 1st round. Even Decent ones.

True. But the good ones don't draft dipshits at the most important position.... the jets... well..and they do it over and over and over

msstate7
04-23-2022, 11:14 PM
While I don't disagree with any of that comment, I seriously doubt any anonymous quotes. It's like the athlon coaches comments every year. I think all that crap is complete fantasy

Commercecomet24
04-23-2022, 11:23 PM

Nailed it!

Todd4State
04-24-2022, 12:21 AM
While I don't disagree with any of that comment, I seriously doubt any anonymous quotes. It's like the athlon coaches comments every year. I think all that crap is complete fantasy

The things they said were true. He got into a fight with Gretzky's kid and partied a lot at Ole Miss and was immature in general.

My concern if I was a NFL GM would be the system he played in was very simplified. You can just one read and run in the NFL.

Maroonthirteen
04-24-2022, 02:24 AM
He is Johnny Manziel light.... not quite as crazy or as talented. But out of football as quick.

Cooterpoot
04-24-2022, 04:14 AM
He's still going pretty high. Couple teams like him a lot.

R2Dawg
04-24-2022, 07:30 AM
He is Johnny Manziel light.... not quite as crazy or as talented. But out of football as quick.

Manziel light - good description. He won't make it. Crash and burn in 1-3 years.

AlSwearengen
04-24-2022, 07:36 AM
Olemiss’ makeover of him and his character was so over the top and they made such a point of it that you have to be skeptical. I don’t doubt his competitiveness, but I do doubt his newfound sainthood.

Tigers and stripes and all of that.

And it is so olemiss to go all out in an effort to have a QB drafted in the 1st round for perception purposes.

msstate7
04-24-2022, 07:36 AM

Corral isn't as talented as a scrambler, but his arm is much better than manziel's. Manziel in college would just run around and then loft a ball toward Evans. I could see corral crash and burn like manziel though if he lands in a terrible spot like manziel did

Cowbell
04-24-2022, 08:19 AM
Corral isn't as talented as a scrambler, but his arm is much better than manziel's. Manziel in college would just run around and then loft a ball toward Evans. I could see corral crash and burn like manziel though if he lands in a terrible spot like manziel did

He's not near as good as baker though and we see how well that worked out

msstate7
04-24-2022, 08:21 AM
He's not near as good as baker though and we see how well that worked out

Another browns' qb.

I'm a pretty big believer that nfl success as a qb has a lot to do with where you land.

Dawgsfanalongtime77
04-24-2022, 08:53 AM
And what pieces are there. Jumping into the league immediately is usually a bad idea.

BuckyIsAB****
04-24-2022, 09:04 AM
Well rumor was the night before his pro day scouts saw him walk into the library

William Tecumsah Sherman
04-24-2022, 09:27 AM
I respect Corral competitiveness for playing in the Sugar Bowl when many others did not play

OLJWales
04-24-2022, 10:43 AM

All internet stuff negative to the plantation is 100% Accurate based on my reliable and well connected sources.

Tater
04-24-2022, 11:25 AM
Corral will land on a bad team in the early 2nd round

Homedawg
04-24-2022, 11:52 AM
He also mad a "reported" 15 on the wonderlic:... bout right.

Homedawg
04-24-2022, 11:53 AM
Corral will land on a bad team in the early 2nd round

That will remain bad ...

Dawgsfanalongtime77
04-24-2022, 12:05 PM
Kind of a mess? You either are or are not. Kelly was kinda a mess and fell to the 7th rd.

msstate7
04-24-2022, 12:30 PM

Bout like the guy I think he compares to, lamar Jackson. Jackson is a better runner, and I think corral is a better passer... both really athletic, strong arms. Jackson 13 wonderlic

ETA... Jackson basically landed in the perfect situation. Harbaugh allowed the OC to build an offense based on Jackson's talents. For corral to succeed, he really needs to land in a class organization like the ravens with a great coach like harbaugh

Lord McBuckethead
04-25-2022, 10:19 PM
I disagree. I think he will make it and be in the league for a while. Maybe not a starter, but the kid can sling it. Maybe life will get him to get serious about it.

OLJWales
04-25-2022, 11:52 PM
Johnny Football = Johnny Reb Football.

Homedawg
04-25-2022, 11:53 PM
Bout like the guy I think he compares to, lamar Jackson. Jackson is a better runner, and I think corral is a better passer... both really athletic, strong arms. Jackson 13 wonderlic

ETA... Jackson basically landed in the perfect situation. Harbaugh allowed the OC to build an offense based on Jackson's talents. For corral to succeed, he really needs to land in a class organization like the ravens with a great coach like harbaugh

Running Doesn't take much need in processing information. Just run. And I'm not talking about reading the option. I mean he gets away w drop back passes that turn into chunk runs Bc he is a runner. Also, the league has figured Lamar out. If you want the saints to draft corral great. Just pray they get him in the third round. Bc he has bust potential.
ETA there is a damn good reason they put faith in the wonderlic for qb's. ... is it fool proof no?? But not many succeed that make low scores...and comparing the two is silly. Lamar is way more talented...more arm strength, faster, more elusive....

Homedawg
04-25-2022, 11:58 PM
I disagree. I think he will make it and be in the league for a while. Maybe not a starter, but the kid can sling it. Maybe life will get him to get serious about it.

More times than not it doesn't work like that.. money in the pocket leads to more dumb ass decisions instead of less. But I'm not against the kid. But I'm not cheering for him either

OLJWales
04-26-2022, 12:52 AM

So he's dumb AND an arrogant thug asshole?

msstate7
04-26-2022, 06:13 AM
Running Doesn't take much need in processing information. Just run. And I'm not talking about reading the option. I mean he gets away w drop back passes that turn into chunk runs Bc he is a runner. Also, the league has figured Lamar out. If you want the saints to draft corral great. Just pray they get him in the third round. Bc he has bust potential.
ETA there is a damn good reason they put faith in the wonderlic for qb's. ... is it fool proof no?? But not many succeed that make low scores...and comparing the two is silly. Lamar is way more talented...more arm strength, faster, more elusive....

If you like wonderlic, you should love Malik willis, 32. Personally, my favorite qbs in this draft for Saints...

1. Pickett at #19 (wonderlic 17)
2. Ridder at #49 (wonderlic 19)
3. Howell at #49 (wonderlic 34)
4. Corral at #49 (wonderlic 15)
5. Strong at #120 (wonderlic 22)

That's my qb big board. I wouldn't take any of them higher than the pick I list them at. As you can see, I don't put too much stock in wonderlic or hand size (Pickett)

PGHBulldogBG
04-26-2022, 06:17 AM
Does this mean Sam Hartman is coming back to Wake? If their defense improves just a little bit then Clawson about to win an ACC title with a roster recruiting average of a sun belt team

Johnson85
04-26-2022, 08:48 AM
True. But the good ones don't draft dipshits at the most important position.... the jets... well..and they do it over and over and over

I would say they draft dipshits at all positions, they just don't waste high draft picks on them. Teams constantly reach for QBs because the the upside of getting a good one is so huge. But better organizations seem to take flyers on QBs in mid and later rounds more often than they ignore warning signs with QBs at high picks. Then the QBs they take flyers on have the benefit of a better supporting cast, rather than a roster hobbled by drafting a first day bust QB for each of the last 3 years.

Corral has the physical tools so someone is going to reach for him and convince themselves the high ceiling is worth the risk that giving him money will turn out just like you'd expect. That's more likely to be a poor organization, which increases the likelihood that it's not going to be a situation conducive to Corral doing well.

Coach34
04-26-2022, 08:59 AM
Please, please, please let the Saints draft this guy.

TrapGame
04-26-2022, 09:28 AM
Please, please, please let the Saints draft this guy.

Looks like either the Saints or the Falcons. Supposedly the Saints want him to ride the pine for a year and "learn" behind Crab Legs. If true the Saints are going back to being the Detroit Lions of the South.

Coach34
04-26-2022, 09:36 AM
Looks like either the Saints or the Falcons. Supposedly the Saints want him to ride the pine for a year and "learn" behind Crab Legs. If true the Saints are going back to being the Detroit Lions of the South.

Love that. This would be best case scenario for sure

MrCoachKlein
04-26-2022, 09:38 AM

I follow about everything I can on the Saints. I really think they are going to try and go up for Cross if they can do it without losing the second 1st round pick then use that second one for a WR.

I think Strong may be the best QB in this class if that knee holds up. A lot of Corral's throws were RPO's that don't work in NFL (outside of 2017). I don't see how you could properly grade him as a scout. Kollman has a good breakdown on the QB prospects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfMH9qbWfgk

msstate7
04-26-2022, 09:41 AM
I haven't saw anything connecting the saint to corral. As I said above though, I wouldn't hate it at #49. Saints probably go OT and WR at 16 and 19... corral would step in in 2023 with AK, MT, ram anchoring a good oline, hopefully no bust at other wr taken in 1st - not a bad spot for a young qb. I prefer other qbs over him though

HancockCountyDog
04-26-2022, 10:02 AM
It seems he will slide into the 2nd round or maybe someone drafts him 25-32.

I think he has a long way to go to help an NFL franchise. I'm just glad he isn't on the bearsharks next year.

msstate7
04-26-2022, 10:02 AM
I know you guys are dying for my mock draft, so here it is (haha)...

https://i.postimg.cc/q7Sz20PV/949-C48-B9-AE24-45-FE-9-A03-8774-D5638-C31.jpg (https://postimg.cc/CZChgyMm)

Sign honey badger with remaining money

Duckdog
04-26-2022, 11:10 AM
Love that. This would be best case scenario for sure

TAKE THAT BACK RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TrapGame
04-26-2022, 11:32 AM
I haven't saw anything connecting the saint to corral. As I said above though, I wouldn't hate it at #49. Saints probably go OT and WR at 16 and 19... corral would step in in 2023 with AK, MT, ram anchoring a good oline, hopefully no bust at other wr taken in 1st - not a bad spot for a young qb. I prefer other qbs over him though

That was some Bo Bounds "insider" info so take it with a gallon of salt. I do think the Saints are going after Cross first. The trade they made with the Eagles for another 1st round pick got all the speculators guessing it's a shot at another QB.

Tater
04-27-2022, 06:38 PM
Corral is going to slide out of the first two rounds.

Guaranteed.

If I could bet on him not getting drafted, I'd take a flyer on it as well. Watch the books. When his prop gets taken down, you'll know. I'm betting they're down before 10 am tomorrow. The news might not break before or during the first round. Could see media saving it to be in between rounds 1 & 2 as a talking point.

Edit: Before the "put your money where your mouth is crew comes in"

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FRY2MZgXIAIdqAA?format=jpg&name=large

BeardoMSU
04-27-2022, 07:18 PM
Corral is going to slide out of the first two rounds.

Guaranteed.

If I could bet on him not getting drafted, I'd take a flyer on it as well. Watch the books. When his prop gets taken down, you'll know. I'm betting they're down before 10 am tomorrow. The news might not break before or during the first round. Could see media saving it to be in between rounds 1 & 2 as a talking point.

Edit: Before the "put your money where your mouth is crew comes in"

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FRY2MZgXIAIdqAA?format=jpg&name=large

What "news" are they saving?

Tater
04-27-2022, 07:26 PM
What "news" are they saving?

Didn't give details. Trusted my guy as he's always good. My "proof" is my bets.

BeardoMSU
04-27-2022, 07:30 PM
My "proof" is my bets.

https://c.tenor.com/O5PWNmIFANEAAAAC/fair-enough-shea-brennan.gif

Tater
04-28-2022, 10:59 AM
Most lines have moved from a -130 to -145 range all the way to a -175 to -200 range for corral o33.5. Shocked the books have only moved their lines and not caught wind yet. Maybe we'll get to watch him sweat for 3 days

OLJWales
04-28-2022, 12:07 PM
Corral is a guy I could never root for even he were at Dallas or Nawlins. I hope he lands at Neither.

Commercecomet24
04-28-2022, 12:27 PM
Most lines have moved from a -130 to -145 range all the way to a -175 to -200 range for corral o33.5. Shocked the books have only moved their lines and not caught wind yet. Maybe we'll get to watch him sweat for 3 days

Man that would be hilarious but it's probably to good to be true. bears heads would explode if the "heisman trophy candidate" dropped way down.

msstate7
04-28-2022, 12:43 PM
Hope he drops to saints at 98. I'd jump all over him at 98

msstate7
04-28-2022, 12:47 PM
Giants pick 5th and 7th, and they declined 5th year option on Daniel Jones. Gotta figure they'll go qb at one or those picks or trade back and take one. If someone takes a qb top 10, I expect a run on qbs to start.

Coach34
04-28-2022, 01:35 PM
Giants pick 5th and 7th, and they declined 5th year option on Daniel Jones. Gotta figure they'll go qb at one or those picks or trade back and take one. If someone takes a qb top 10, I expect a run on qbs to start.

None of tonight's QB's are 1st round picks even though a couple will. The Giants would be dumb to draft a QB at 5 or 7. They need talent.

Tater
04-28-2022, 01:44 PM
Been told it's drug related. (Didn't give specifics of which). But every team knows and is aware. Might not even leak out, which honestly would be hilarious to watch. Him sitting there for 3 rounds not getting drafted would be amazing.

Update: Failed hair follicle test for Cocaine. Hilarious.

OLJWales
04-28-2022, 01:45 PM
I hope he lands in New York City, Boston, Philly, or Chicago where he freezes his ass off while dealing with that kind of huge sports journalism Market cuz They'll be hounding that sumbitch to death.

Tater
04-28-2022, 01:54 PM
None of tonight's QB's are 1st round picks even though a couple will. The Giants would be dumb to draft a QB at 5 or 7. They need talent.

Agreed with all of this

Tater
04-28-2022, 02:47 PM
Been told it's drug related. (Didn't give specifics of which). But every team knows and is aware. Might not even leak out, which honestly would be hilarious to watch. Him sitting there for 3 rounds not getting drafted would be amazing.

Id like to clarify. The first paragraph is from my original source I trust on anything gambling. The update piece is directly from a former bearshark's mouth. Which it's really no surprise. Like Fitz, Corral's coke addiction was one of the worst kept secrets. But unlike Fitz, this dumbass actually couldn't get clean for draft workouts and failed a hair follicle. Hilarious.

BeardoMSU
04-28-2022, 02:49 PM
B

OM QB....and....Cocaine?!?!**

https://media1.giphy.com/media/6JB4v4xPTAQFi/200.gif

BeardoMSU
04-28-2022, 02:51 PM
Id like to clarify. The first paragraph is from my original source I trust on anything gambling. The update piece is directly from a former bearshark's mouth. Which it's really no surprise. Like Fitz, Corral's coke addiction was one of the worst kept secrets. But unlike Fitz, this dumbass actually couldn't get clean for draft workouts and failed a hair follicle. Hilarious.

Evidence that star college QB's go to different parties than the rest of us, lol.

Tater
04-28-2022, 02:57 PM
Evidence that star college QB's go to different parties than the rest of us, lol.

Ehhhhhh cocaine is much more common of a party drug than you would think. And has become way more prevalent in Mississippi the past 10 years.

AROB44
04-28-2022, 03:16 PM
Ehhhhhh cocaine is much more common of a party drug than you would think. And has become way more prevalent in Mississippi the past 10 years.

Can't fix stupid!!

msstate7
04-28-2022, 09:49 PM
I know you guys are dying for my mock draft, so here it is (haha)...

https://i.postimg.cc/q7Sz20PV/949-C48-B9-AE24-45-FE-9-A03-8774-D5638-C31.jpg (https://postimg.cc/CZChgyMm)

Sign honey badger with remaining money

Nailed those first 2 picks, but it cost us a couple picks

Tater
04-28-2022, 11:06 PM
Nakobe Dean still on the board is dumb.

Shocked Willis fell this far. But here we are. Easiest money of the year in one pick

BrunswickDawg
04-29-2022, 07:38 AM

It's always been a party drug. It was big in the early 90s too. It snowed a lot on frat row back then.

PGHBulldogBG
04-29-2022, 07:55 AM
It?s crazy to me some of these players can?t keep clean just for small periods of time if it?s going to essentially determine a big factor in their future. If I was a potential high round draft pick and about to get millions of dollars, I would do everything in my power to get there. I have never done or tried drugs, so maybe that?s why I don?t understand, but I?ve known people that have and quit if it was a big life changing event and they had to be clean

Commercecomet24
04-29-2022, 08:51 AM
Nakobe Dean still on the board is dumb.

Shocked Willis fell this far. But here we are. Easiest money of the year in one pick

Yeah Dean is a beast. I'm sure it's because they all think he's to short, which is asinine with a player like him.

Coach34
04-29-2022, 08:56 AM
Yeah Dean is a beast. I'm sure it's because they all think he's to short, which is asinine with a player like him.

It's definitely about his size. He's a beast but historically guys like him get beat up and stay hurt. I'd draft him and take my chances tho.

Commercecomet24
04-29-2022, 09:07 AM
It's definitely about his size. He's a beast but historically guys like him get beat up and stay hurt. I'd draft him and take my chances tho.

Agreed. I think he's definitely worth a shot.

Cooterpoot
04-29-2022, 09:56 AM
Not surprised Dean and Willis dropped. Willis is still pretty raw. Dean is smallish.

Tater
04-29-2022, 11:26 AM
Not surprised Dean and Willis dropped. Willis is still pretty raw. Dean is smallish.

I figured the upside on Willis would warrant wanting to draft him late first, sit a year, and have four more years under contract.

BrunswickDawg
04-29-2022, 12:46 PM
I figured the upside on Willis would warrant wanting to draft him late first, sit a year, and have four more years under contract.

If I were an NFL GM I'd look at Willis like every other Hugh Freeze QB and question if he has real talent or if he just ran Hugh's typical system. Yes he ran better than Bo, Chad and Shea - but he was also an SEC caliber player playing against G5 teams.
He didn't do well against the only 2 real teams they played last year - Ole Miss and U LaLa - or in their losses to Syracuse and ULM. I'd especially question it in terms of being a first round pick.

OLJWales
04-29-2022, 03:17 PM
It's always been a party drug. It was big in the early 90s too. It snowed a lot on frat row back then.

As GM I would tolerate weed but not the white stuff. And I'm for legalizing all drugs cuz the war is bat shit crazy. Been to Amsterdam > Chicago.

lastmajordog
04-29-2022, 08:33 PM
Another browns' qb.

I'm a pretty big believer that nfl success as a qb has a lot to do with where you land.

Archie, Payton, Eli Manning approve this message.....

Tater
04-29-2022, 08:40 PM
emerson goes before corral. who else had that ? lmao

Catfish
04-29-2022, 08:43 PM

Good call on Corrals draft status. You were right on.

DEDawg
04-29-2022, 08:44 PM

It?s his injury. That pec is no joke and he didn?t get surgery

Tater
04-29-2022, 08:47 PM
Good call on Corrals draft status. How were right on.

i trusted the tip so i cant take credit. my takes on dean and willis were clearly wrong. but i don't bet on what i know. i bet on sure things.

Commercecomet24
04-29-2022, 08:47 PM

This is awesome!

Coach34
04-29-2022, 08:49 PM
Good call on Corrals draft status. How were right on.

Agree. Thanks Tater. Made some money. Appreciate it

BeardoMSU
04-29-2022, 08:50 PM
i bet on sure things.

Well done.
https://c.tenor.com/a3y0355Ka9AAAAAd/ok-alright.gif

Tater
04-29-2022, 08:51 PM
This is awesome!

just wish we had brady quinn camera on. comedy. kid was advised not to come and this is why

Commercecomet24
04-29-2022, 08:53 PM
just wish we had brady quinn camera on. comedy. kid was advised not to come and this is why

That's would've been gold!

Tater
04-29-2022, 09:00 PM
Agree. Thanks Tater. Made some money. Appreciate it

i just wish i could have gotten paid out in time to double down on all the o58.5 ish lines on corral i saw today. cant believe the books ain't gotten wind. but malik willis dropping is distracting them.

Tater
04-29-2022, 09:33 PM
malik willis to tennessee. interesting. perfect situation for him.

Tater
04-29-2022, 09:57 PM
panthers trading up to take corral. they found out baker dances with the devil in the pale moonlight too and took the cheaper version instead of paying to trade for him.

DEDawg
04-29-2022, 10:04 PM
panthers trading up to take corral. they found out baker dances with the devil in the pale moonlight too and took the cheaper version instead of paying to trade for him.

For a 3, Corral is great value imo

662dawg
04-29-2022, 10:28 PM

He will be out of the NFL within 3 years.

DEDawg
04-29-2022, 11:14 PM

lol no he won?t that doesn?t even make sense

R2Dawg
04-30-2022, 07:35 AM

I don't think he makes it either unless a career 3rd string practice QB but each team only has 53 spots. Even if he acts right, the next 3 years of draft will push him out

msstate7
04-30-2022, 09:32 AM

I'm with you.

Tater
04-30-2022, 10:14 AM

He has late 1st round ability. But if the dude can't get clean for the biggest payday of his life, then his character and commitment are in question. I suspect he flames out not because of lack of talent but because of lack of self control a la manziel.

DEDawg
04-30-2022, 10:34 AM
He has late 1st round ability. But if the dude can't get clean for the biggest payday of his life, then his character and commitment are in question. I suspect he flames out not because of lack of talent but because of lack of self control a la manziel.

What are all these character and commitment concerns you?re referring to? Fighting Gretzkys kid 5 years ago in HS? Feels like his off field issues have been completely blown out of proportion. Scouts said he didn?t interview well and needs to get better at watching tape and off season activities

Coach34
04-30-2022, 10:43 AM
What are all these character and commitment concerns you?re referring to? Fighting Gretzkys kid 5 years ago in HS? Feels like his off field issues have been completely blown out of proportion. Scouts said he didn?t interview well and needs to get better at watching tape and off season activities

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1520237888021176321?s=21

Here you go

BeardoMSU
04-30-2022, 10:47 AM

I doubt the cocaine test is true, at this point.

Vandownbytheriver
04-30-2022, 10:51 AM

Here you go

The Rebs in that Twitter feed are out for blood. It's pretty common knowledge that Corral has had some partying issues around oxford. Not Marshall Henderson level, but it's been a concern for a couple of years around here.

DEDawg
04-30-2022, 11:36 AM

Here you go

Yeah saw this live but just seems vague. The depression and alcoholic stuff he talked openly about over 2 years ago now (before he blew up as a legit prospect). Im unclear if something new came up or teams are just worried about alcohol issues when he was 19 in college.

When I was 19 in college people prob said the same about me lol

Schultzy
04-30-2022, 09:27 PM
I?d take a chance on him, hell he made it through college when none of thought he would.

Especially in the 3rd round

BeardoMSU
04-30-2022, 09:31 PM
hell he made it through college when none of thought he would.

Playing for OM tends to help with that, lol.

Schultzy
04-30-2022, 09:49 PM
Playing for OM tends to help with that, lol.

I used to play golf with the head of OM police….he said you wouldn’t believe the shit players get away with and it pissed him off so bad bad but I get it.

Schultzy
04-30-2022, 10:01 PM
One of his funnier stories is the night he arrested a bunch of LSU fans at Vaught Hemingway for getting in a brawl with each other, ha!

somebodyshotmypaw
05-01-2022, 01:28 PM

Me.