PDA

View Full Version : Any boxing fans in the house? They Gypsy King obliterated Dillian Whyte.......

Saltydog
04-23-2022, 06:44 PM
Guy is just so damn big......You either love him or hate him but I like the guy.......Long live the King.......

SailingDawg
04-23-2022, 09:07 PM
Can?t pay for PPV so I hate I can?t watch these matches. I can?t get into UFC and still love boxing. Glad this beast has brought some interest to boxing again and wish I had seen the last Wilder bout. By all accounts it was the best heavyweight match ever. I hope he continues.

If there?s a card on Fox I?ll watch it no matter who?s fighting.

Saltydog
04-23-2022, 09:23 PM
Can?t pay for PPV so I hate I can?t watch these matches. I can?t get into UFC and still love boxing. Glad this beast has brought some interest to boxing again and wish I had seen the last Wilder bout. By all accounts it was the best heavyweight match ever. I hope he continues.

I can't get into UFC either. Well, I loved it 30 years ago when there weren't weight divisions but I lost interest in it pretty quick. I'll watch a big title fight every now and then but I've always been a boxing fan. Course, I grew up in the era of the greatest heavyweights ever (Ali, Frazier, Foreman and later Holmes then Tyson). Fury has brought a spark back to hw boxing and he doesn't have the most imposing body. Tall, yes but a super muscular guy he's not but those body punches are brutal. BTW, you can watch a lot of the Wilder fight on Youtube. Plenty of vids there.

William Tecumsah Sherman
04-23-2022, 09:59 PM
I love the gypsy king! I love how he sings after victories

Dawgsfanalongtime77
04-24-2022, 08:55 AM
Too bad this is his last fight.

OLJWales
04-24-2022, 10:34 AM

Go youtube Wilder-Fury III if you haven't done so because lots including myself consider it an all time great. I like the spice Tyson adds to the sport. Will miss Wilder because he has the heart of a lion and prolly the best right most have seen.

SailingDawg
04-24-2022, 10:42 AM

Or so he says. I think there?s another challenger he?s supposed to fight.

Saltydog
04-24-2022, 11:10 AM
Yeah, I hear what he says but there'll be way too much money thrown at him somewhere down the line and he'll be back. I do think this is the last we'll of him for a couple of years or so.......

Dawgsfanalongtime77
04-24-2022, 11:59 AM
Yeah, I hear what he says but there'll be way too much money thrown at him somewhere down the line and he'll be back. I do think this is the last we'll of him for a couple of years or so.......

I don?t see it. Only 2 guys currently are even worth considering. Osyk or Joshua. Fury doesn?t need the money.

OLJWales
04-24-2022, 12:35 PM
Not in the too distant past Fury was a 400lb mess struggling with depression, cocaine & alcohol. Nice Comeback Indeed. I got into it during Ali-Frazier Times as a kid and back then most everybody on the planet knew who the Champs were and when their next fight would be despite no internet or cable TV . I hate seeing Great Things destroyed and taken away from ordinary folks. I miss all the pre-fight hype, interviews and having folks over to watch on free TV a fight we've been waiting on for several months.

AlSwearengen
04-24-2022, 02:44 PM
He and Nganou (sp) interviewed together after the match, hyping a fight b/t the 2. Fury asked Nganou if he had a “big Corey”. Funniest shit I’ve seen this weekend.