PDA

View Full Version : Since it is not a Stat that is tracked?.

CaptainObvious
04-21-2022, 09:42 PM
How can we find out the number of SOLO Homeruns this team has hit? Has to be over half the HRs hit by this team. It is really sad to say that we would rather have 2 run scoring singles hitters than solo HR hitters, but we are at that point this year. I bet this team leads the nation in Solo HRs and K?s with the bases loaded by the same guys.😳😳😳

The Federalist Engineer
04-22-2022, 09:41 AM
This is not answering your question - but - this years team is scoring 5.4 runs per SEC game. Last year 5.8 runs per SEC game. A non-trivial difference Year-over-Year, but looking back through history is tough because of gorilla ball stats, dead ball stats, and current BBCOR stats are not comparable.

This year's team is scoring the same amount of runs per game as the 2016 team, that was a decent, current BBCOR offensive team - Mangum, Lowe, Rooker, Kruger, etc.

The biggest stat is that our pitching is giving up 6.75 runs per game (not ERA 6.09, but plain old runs). MSU teams have been in the 4-up to-5 run area with Current BBCOR bats. In 2016, MSU gave up only 4.5 runs per game (3.79 ERA). In 2021, MSU gave up 4.86 runs per game. Even Cannizarro's miracle team only gave up 5.23 runs per game with field players pitching and last-second JUCO transfers starting SEC games.

Leeshouldveflanked
04-22-2022, 09:50 AM
What is our SEC runs per game average?

The Federalist Engineer
04-22-2022, 10:48 AM
What is our SEC runs per game average?

All these numbers are SEC only - 5.4 this year and 5.8 last year

sleepy dawg
04-22-2022, 02:18 PM
Both are below the threshold this year. When I checked a week ago, the average runs scored/given up per sec team/game was 6.2 I think. If you score less than 6, then you didn't give yourself a better than average chance of winning from and offense perspective. And visaversa for defense. Our pitching deserves a lot of props for doing what they've done given the adversity they've faced. Our hitters have let this team down.

WSOPdawg
04-22-2022, 04:32 PM
Both are below the threshold this year. When I checked a week ago, the average runs scored/given up per sec team/game was 6.2 I think. If you score less than 6, then you didn't give yourself a better than average chance of winning from and offense perspective. And visaversa for defense. Our pitching deserves a lot of props for doing what they've done given the adversity they've faced. Our hitters have let this team down.

^^^^ Yep, given the adversity that has besieged the pitching staff, I'm rather proud of these guys... but the hitters and Gatreau have totally let us down this year when it comes to hitting with runners on base imo.

StarkVegasSteve
04-22-2022, 05:01 PM
This is not answering your question - but - this years team is scoring 5.4 runs per SEC game. Last year 5.8 runs per SEC game. A non-trivial difference Year-over-Year, but looking back through history is tough because of gorilla ball stats, dead ball stats, and current BBCOR stats are not comparable.

This year's team is scoring the same amount of runs per game as the 2016 team, that was a decent, current BBCOR offensive team - Mangum, Lowe, Rooker, Kruger, etc.

The biggest stat is that our pitching is giving up 6.75 runs per game (not ERA 6.09, but plain old runs). MSU teams have been in the 4-up to-5 run area with Current BBCOR bats. In 2016, MSU gave up only 4.5 runs per game (3.79 ERA). In 2021, MSU gave up 4.86 runs per game. Even Cannizarro's miracle team only gave up 5.23 runs per game with field players pitching and last-second JUCO transfers starting SEC games.

Cann's miracle team also had the ability to piece it together to get us to the 8th and we could get to Self and Price. That and Brent Rooker are the main differences in the two teams. If we had a bullpen we have anywhere between 6-8 more wins this year.

CaptainObvious
04-22-2022, 05:38 PM
Well, average does not always tell the store. In SEC play, we have 8 games where we scored 3 or less this year. We are 0-8 in those. We scored 11 in an SEC game?. And lost. We score 20 in an SEC game. we beat Bama 7-6, 8-7, and lost 6-2. So they outscored us for the series. We outscored Georgia 31-26 for the series, lost 2 out of 3 and got shutout in one of the games. In Friday night games we have scored 0, 7, 1, 2, 7, 2.

bulldogcountry1
04-23-2022, 01:54 PM
Deleted. Effectively repeated what captain obvious said.