PDA

View Full Version : ESPN's Way Too Early Top 25

TrapGame
04-21-2022, 03:19 PM
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/33763031/college-football-rankings-updated-way-too-early-top-25

Ole Miss #21

Seriously?

They lost a shit ton of players and some coaches. They got some decent portal guys but so did a lot of other teams. There's a lot being replaced here (cough, cough Matt Corral). I'm not saying we should be in the top 25 either but after all they have lost putting them in the top 25 is stretching it.

StarkVegasSteve
04-21-2022, 03:29 PM
Preseason polls are nothing more than something for the writers to talk about for 4-5 months. The only poll that matters come out in November.

Now on the Ole Miss front, could they be good? Yes. Dart and Evans could be an electric backfield that could carry them to 8 or 9 wins. However, it just as easily could blow up in their face and they're starting Altmeyer by Week 5 and Evans along with others have left the program. Transfers are good stopgaps but when you try to start building cultures around that it will backfire, see us at the end of JWS. You also have to remember they have one of the easiest SEC schedules. I imagine they'll be somewhere between 3-5 SEC wins. They still will lose to Bama and A&M. They'll probably also lose at Arky. Outside of Vandy, the rest of their SEC games are toss ups.

parabrave
04-21-2022, 05:12 PM
More interested in MSUs status

lastmajordog
04-21-2022, 05:19 PM
Yes I believe with that schedule and the transfer portal gold mine they hit.....just win the OOC games and do om luck on a couple.....yes I ABSOLUTELY see it......

Dawgfan77
04-21-2022, 05:48 PM
Word out of the north is that Dart may not be all he was projected to be. Even some of the inside the Rebs have been preparing the flock...

MaroonFlounder
04-21-2022, 06:09 PM
I just want to see those first few games in sept to see what they are working with.

Nothing's gonna sink pirate booty like going 0-3 vs the sharks

PGHBulldogBG
04-21-2022, 06:40 PM
I just want to see those first few games in sept to see what they are working with.

Nothing's gonna sink pirate booty like going 0-3 vs the sharks

Yea the only way he can get away with losing the egg bowl is if he has an 8 win or higher season. 7 wins or less with an egg bowl loss will just lose over more of the fan base.

Leeshouldveflanked
04-21-2022, 06:45 PM
Yea the only way he can get away with losing the egg bowl is if he has an 8 win or higher season. 7 wins or less with an egg bowl loss will just lose over more of the fan base.
How much more fan base is there to lose?

PGHBulldogBG
04-21-2022, 06:50 PM

I actually think most of our fans are still on board with Leach. Message board fans can many times be a bit drastic with extreme emotions. I was in the middle when we hired him and he has done nothing to make me think he?s a great hire but he hasn?t shown yet to be a bad hire. This year will probably allow me to make a more informed decision

Dawgology
04-21-2022, 07:39 PM
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/33763031/college-football-rankings-updated-way-too-early-top-25

Ole Miss #21

Seriously?

They lost a shit ton of players and some coaches. They got some decent portal guys but so did a lot of other teams. There's a lot being replaced here (cough, cough Matt Corral). I'm not saying we should be in the top 25 either but after all they have lost putting them in the top 25 is stretching it.

Those kinds of losses only impact State in ESPN’s eyes. It’s every year. Honestly kind of done with college sports altogether.

MaroonFlounder
04-21-2022, 07:40 PM
I actually think most of our fans are still on board with Leach. Message board fans can many times be a bit drastic with extreme emotions. I was in the middle when we hired him and he has done nothing to make me think he?s a great hire but he hasn?t shown yet to be a bad hire. This year will probably allow me to make a more informed decision

I like Leach, and I thought he would handle the drop 8 zone D better...

But if he goes 0-3 to both Ark and OM this season, I'm probably out.

Coach34
04-21-2022, 07:52 PM

Seriously? He probably has 80% of the fanbase behind him right now. The Airbone is boring as hell- but we improved and won some games. Has a vet team so should be even better. Plus, its the magical Y3 of Leach- so expectations raise. Schedule in our favor with toss-ups at home. Should be a good Fall

TUSK
04-21-2022, 09:22 PM

mparkerfd20
04-22-2022, 08:26 AM

Ole Miss #21

Seriously?

They also had one of the best portal recruiting in recent years. I predict with their schedule they'll be a Top 15 team most of the year.

Leeshouldveflanked
04-22-2022, 08:59 AM
Seriously? He probably has 80% of the fanbase behind him right now. The Airbone is boring as hell- but we improved and won some games. Has a vet team so should be even better. Plus, its the magical Y3 of Leach- so expectations raise. Schedule in our favor with toss-ups at home. Should be a good Fall

It doesnt appear that the 80% is buying many season tickets.

Activated Alpha
04-22-2022, 10:52 AM
I predict that ESPN will stroke the overinflated cocks of OM for most of the year only for them to get ED by end of the year. Oh I also believe Leach will lose to OM for 3 straight....

TrapGame
04-22-2022, 12:10 PM

That's my thinking too.

We have a veteran team returning w/ sustained coaching across the board but we can't get a #25 pity hand job from ESPN. OM is replacing a shit ton of guys and coaches have fled the scene. If Lane can win 9 games with this team he deserves to be up for COTY.