PDA

View Full Version : Jans was at MRA yesterday

Thick
04-21-2022, 08:18 AM
Met with Hubb. Jans watched him in Orlando?.just a few tidbits. Hubb was teammates with new Duke PG. Hubb averaged 22-24 ppg and Duke PG avg 9 in 4 games. Hubb went head-to-head with #1 PG in the country?.#1 scored 28 in 32 minutes, Hubb scored 22 in 21 minutes (foul trouble).

Jans seems to be impressed with him, and is definitely going after him.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
04-21-2022, 09:00 AM

He would have to be blind and a complete idiot not to be.

gtowndawg
04-21-2022, 09:14 AM
Sidenote for basketball fans, but the homeschool basketball team in Memphis (MHEA) had to be the most fun team I've seen in years. They destroyed MRA in a tournament in Corinth (this made me think about it). An old school team with multiple big guys that just dribble, pass and shoot. They hit their free throws, they box out and play smart...basically everything we wish we had. Their top player (Justin Morgan) signed with Murray State. They beat several of the top schools in Memphis this year. I took my boys to watch them a few times because I doubt we will see another one like that.

https://twitter.com/HotbedClassic/status/1485062823482957826?s=20&t=dttu2ubLPQcFP4UyAKNVBw

Ifyouonlyknew
04-21-2022, 11:08 AM
Josh Hubbard & Makhi Myles will make great foundational pieces for Jans 1st HS class.

Johnson85
04-21-2022, 11:28 AM
Met with Hubb. Jans watched him in Orlando?.just a few tidbits. Hubb was teammates with new Duke PG. Hubb averaged 22-24 ppg and Duke PG avg 9 in 4 games. Hubb went head-to-head with #1 PG in the country?.#1 scored 28 in 32 minutes, Hubb scored 22 in 21 minutes (foul trouble).

Any clue if he met with Dampier?

gtowndawg
04-21-2022, 11:35 AM

Great question!

Thick
04-21-2022, 01:06 PM

I?ll ask, but I would be shocked if Duease didn?t tell Jans about him.

Johnson85
04-21-2022, 01:32 PM
I?ll ask, but I would be shocked if Duease didn?t tell Jans about him.

Is Dampier not involved with our program? I would have expected someone in our administration to set up a meeting with Dampier. Even if he's not active as a booster, I would have thought he would just be a person we try to keep close to the program.

Coach34
04-21-2022, 01:35 PM
Duese will do whatever to helps his players but he is a State guy.

StarkVegasSteve
04-21-2022, 04:10 PM
Duese will do whatever to helps his players but he is a State guy.

Agreed. Richard will make sure we have every chance to sign Hubbard as well as the two others he has. Dampier's son and Sam Funches, a 6'9 8th grader. His dad played at Georgetown.

William Tecumsah Sherman
04-22-2022, 06:45 AM
I?ve always respected Dampier. By all accounts, he?s a humble guy who doesn?t flash his money or NBA career. I know his wife works as a physical therapist despite him making millions.

captaindog
04-22-2022, 09:06 AM
I?ve always respected Dampier. By all accounts, he?s a humble guy who doesn?t flash his money or NBA career. I know his wife works as a physical therapist despite him making millions.

My daughter knows his daughter and says she is very nice. Obviously that could present some issues as she goes forward with her athletic career.

Johnson85
04-22-2022, 12:04 PM

Yup. I periodically would hear stories about how nice and humble Dampier was when he is still in the league. He would I think come to Jackson to help Stansbury out pretty much every year with a booster event. I have heard a few stories from people that have played sports with their children that are very complimentary of their children.