PDA

View Full Version : Something to watch with basketball and Jan

Coach34
04-19-2022, 07:29 PM
hearing LSU came at Tolu pretty hard with a nice NIL deal to get him to Baton Rouge. Jan so far has been able to hold people off. While we are all in wait and see mode on him pulling recruits- keeping our best player on the team is a big pull that cant be overlooked in all this.

somebodyshotmypaw
04-19-2022, 09:05 PM
hearing LSU came at Tolu pretty hard with a nice NIL deal to get him to Baton Rouge. Jan so far has been able to hold people off. While we are all in wait and see mode on him pulling recruits- keeping our best player on the team is a big pull that cant be overlooked in all this.

Does LSU have any open roster spots for Tolu?***

BeardoMSU
04-19-2022, 09:10 PM
Always joyfully being the bearer of potentially (you hope) bad news...

Coach34
04-19-2022, 09:16 PM
Always joyfully being the bearer of potentially (you hope) bad news...

wtf? I compliment the guy for holding off LSU after they are rumored to have offered Tolu 250K and you respond with that? Seriously?

Did you really think nobody was going to try and get him from us? Hell, K-State pulled Cam. Tolu is a much bigger fish

Homedawg
04-19-2022, 09:40 PM
Tolu much like Tennessee coming after tyrus wheat. That's two good nil saves

RezDog7
04-19-2022, 10:56 PM
Tolu much like Tennessee coming after tyrus wheat. That's two good nil saves

Damn, this is getting crazy. Really makes me care less and less about sports that I don't participate in.

OLJWales
04-20-2022, 02:45 AM
Damn, this is getting crazy. Really makes me care less and less about sports that I don't participate in.

Agreed. I figgered they had to enter the portal before the body snatchers started circling. If some limitations and protocols aren't implemented , this gonna get worse I'm afeared. So the STATE's of the world can do all the crootin' leg work, develop the talent for a coupla years then the blue bloods just come snatch him up for his final 2 (and prolly duh best) years? And can someone remind me of this "Cam & K-State" Thingy? It's like us thin and hungry mules pulling the wagon for the fat blue bloods who just sit back and ride cracking their whips upon our arse.

PGHBulldogBG
04-20-2022, 08:05 AM
I?m really surprised Jeffries and Moore are leaving considering they now have to sit out a year. That seems strange to me so I feel like they must have a NIL lined up. Just odd someone would offer them. I kind of understand Cam because I think he has a big upswing, but Jeffries and Moore bouncing around and then having to sit out is strange. Wouldn?t Tolu have to sit out as well? I guess LSU was trying to pay him 250K to sit on the bench for the following year. He might realize it?s not worth it and can show the NBA more this year at State

RiverCityDawg
04-20-2022, 08:23 AM
I?m really surprised Jeffries and Moore are leaving considering they now have to sit out a year. That seems strange to me so I feel like they must have a NIL lined up. Just odd someone would offer them. I kind of understand Cam because I think he has a big upswing, but Jeffries and Moore bouncing around and then having to sit out is strange. Wouldn?t Tolu have to sit out as well? I guess LSU was trying to pay him 250K to sit on the bench for the following year. He might realize it?s not worth it and can show the NBA more this year at State

They are expected to get waivers on sitting out since there was a coaching change. I think that's BS and part of the reason why you get ONE "free" transfer, but that's the story there.

msstate7
04-20-2022, 08:38 AM
If you can get a waiver for a coaching change, any chance we can get teddy allen to follow Jans?

Tbonewannabe
04-20-2022, 09:06 AM
Agreed. I figgered they had to enter the portal before the body snatchers started circling. If some limitations and protocols aren't implemented , this gonna get worse I'm afeared. So the STATE's of the world can do all the crootin' leg work, develop the talent for a coupla years then the blue bloods just come snatch him up for his final 2 (and prolly duh best) years? And can someone remind me of this "Cam & K-State" Thingy? It's like us thin and hungry mules pulling the wagon for the fat blue bloods who just sit back and ride cracking their whips upon our arse.

Yep, it will make college sports even more imbalanced. I already halfass watch games against Bama and other blue bloods. If they just start taking our best players as Junior and Seniors then I might give no shits about the sport.

Also, the one sport where we could be considered a blue blood (Baseball) this shit doesn't really apply.

StarkVegasSteve
04-20-2022, 06:27 PM
If you can get a waiver for a coaching change, any chance we can get teddy allen to follow Jans?

He would be a big get. I imagine he's going to test the NBA waters though.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-20-2022, 07:07 PM
He would be a big get. I imagine he's going to test the NBA waters though.

His College career is over