PDA

View Full Version : Shakeel Moore

ZedFedder
04-19-2022, 12:47 PM
https://twitter.com/PJ247Sports/status/1516472105247940610

From Paul Jones.

ZedFedder
04-19-2022, 12:48 PM
Messed up the title but you get the drift.

jdelta02
04-19-2022, 12:49 PM
According to sources...
Shakeel Moore has entered the transfer portal

BayouDawg
04-19-2022, 04:31 PM
According to sources...
Shakeel Moore has entered the transfer portal

He has already used his free transfer so he will have to sit out if Im not mistaken.

msstate7
04-19-2022, 04:47 PM
He has already used his free transfer so he will have to sit out if Im not mistaken.

Maybe he'll reconsider

BayouDawg
04-19-2022, 07:58 PM
Maybe he'll reconsider

I hope so. Of course he may could get a waiver due to coaching change

Cooterpoot
04-19-2022, 08:54 PM
The free transfer system is going to destroy teams when there are coaching changes. College athletics are going to suck for the fans of teams not a blue blood with free transfers and poaching. It's a terrible system for the fans and that'll lead to either a power conference of blue bloods and/or a shit load of apathy and empty seats.

NCMSTFAN
04-19-2022, 09:29 PM
The free transfer system is going to destroy teams when there are coaching changes. College athletics are going to suck for the fans of teams not a blue blood with free transfers and poaching. It's a terrible system for the fans and that'll lead to either a power conference of blue bloods and/or a shit load of apathy and empty seats.

I understand what your saying and agree with most of it but one thing that I do like about it is you can rebuild a bad team really fast if you know how to recruit the portal well. In years past, if you lost an important piece and didn't have a solid backup on campus, your only option was JUCO players or hoping an incoming Freshman is ready, it could take a couple years to rebuild.. ...Not anymore, with the portal there is no excuses, you can build a competitive team instantly and thats what it is looking like Jans in going to have to do. He did it at NM State in the portal.... hopefully he can get us the right guys but he needs to make some moves asap because alot of the good players are chosing schools.

Cooterpoot
04-19-2022, 09:45 PM
I understand what your saying and agree with most of it but one thing that I do like about it is you can rebuild a bad team really fast if you know how to recruit the portal well. In years past, if you lost an important piece and didn't have a solid backup on campus, your only option was JUCO players or hoping an incoming Freshman is ready, it could take a couple years to rebuild.. ...Not anymore, with the portal there is no excuses, you can build a competitive team instantly and thats what it is looking like Jans in going to have to do. He did it at NM State in the portal.... hopefully he can get us the right guys but he needs to make some moves asap because alot of the good players are chosing schools.

I've yet to see us kill it in the portal in any sport, and know we can't match NIL deals others can offer. So I'm skeptical at best. It's a lot of sloppy seconds for us. We go grab up a couple in football and the rest are reaches. Baseball we hit on one. Basketball hasn't really shown it yet.

thf24
04-20-2022, 04:02 PM

This instance isn't representative of the free transfer system though, strictly speaking, because Shak already used his free transfer to come here. In theory, the way the system is currently set up should make it almost impossible for a guy who has to sit a year to find an equal or better spot since there are a hundred others lined up next to him who still have their free transfer and can play immediately.

That's all assuming the NCAA isn't still giving out waivers like candy, though, and it wouldn't be surprising if it is.

State82
04-20-2022, 07:40 PM
I've yet to see us kill it in the portal in any sport, and know we can't match NIL deals others can offer. So I'm skeptical at best. It's a lot of sloppy seconds for us. We go grab up a couple in football and the rest are reaches. Baseball we hit on one. Basketball hasn't really shown it yet.

Our NIL deals/portal navigation is elementary at best. Very elementary. Compared to our main SEC brethren, it is G5 level, if that.

Irondawg
04-20-2022, 11:13 PM
Jans I think is pretty smart with it though. He looks for players most elite teams undervalue but that fit his system.

Then he just has to find one solid loose cannon perimeter scorer knowing you may have to grab some damaged goods and hope it works out.

I think he knows how to build the team he wants so I?m really curious how this all shakes out

Thick
04-21-2022, 08:13 AM
I was told yesterday that Rocket and Moore were told to transfer out.

Irondawg
04-21-2022, 11:30 AM
I was told yesterday that Rocket and Moore were told to transfer out.

Rocket was going before we even fired Howland and hired Jans so don't know what the deal there was.

Moore that's could be true, but did surprise me some

Jack Lambert
04-22-2022, 02:17 PM

The NCAA could help get the NIL under control if they got rid of the one time free transfer. I would not pay someone if they had to sit out a year.