PDA

View Full Version : Jessika Carter

jdelta02
04-19-2022, 08:26 AM
Any info on Jessika Carter's status? Recent tweet from J Carter in response to Myah Taylor transferring to Ole Miss.

Jess��
@jessikaaacarter
?
14h
❤️ super excited for my girl! Gotta know imma step behind this one

Ifyouonlyknew
04-19-2022, 08:33 AM
Yea she congratulating Myah. If you’re not familiar with the lingo you’re not going to be able to interpret it non-Cool middle age guy.

jdelta02
04-19-2022, 09:11 AM
Also, does anyone have any insight into coach/coaches contacting players not in the transfer portal? This, in relation to filling roster positions. Recently saw a conversation (tweet out and responses) on Twitter,(miss st related Twitter) relating to this as well. Not saying that this is related to J. Carter, just asking any insight into this. Conversation..referring to a specific incident, and indicating that this stuff is happening.

Cooterpoot
04-19-2022, 09:27 AM
I expect Carter to return, but everybody knows kids are being recruited indirectly by schools. It's pretty much legal now.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-19-2022, 09:29 AM
Also, does anyone have any insight into coach/coaches contacting players not in the transfer portal? This, in relation to filling roster positions. Recently saw a conversation (tweet out and responses) on Twitter,(miss st related Twitter) relating to this as well. Not saying that this is related to J. Carter, just asking any insight into this. Conversation..referring to a specific incident, and indicating that this stuff is happening.

Yes it’s happening in all major sports & MSU is doing it as well.

NCMSTFAN
04-19-2022, 09:38 AM
From everything that's been put out Jessika Carter is staying with the team.. anything can happen in today's game but from everything out there she will be staying

ScottH
04-19-2022, 10:35 AM
Coach Yo doing work?

Bow Tie vs Yo will be interesting.

Wonder if he can interpret Carter's tweet? Or outsources such to the staff?

RiverCityDawg
04-19-2022, 10:55 AM
I expect Carter to return, but everybody knows kids are being recruited indirectly by schools. It's pretty much legal now.

It is certainly not legal and one of the main stated purposes of the portal was to avoid tampering, but with that said it is happening anyway and I would think more rampant than ever.

Leeshouldveflanked
04-19-2022, 12:21 PM
Carter is considering transferring and Ole Miss is a possibility.

Cooterpoot
04-19-2022, 12:35 PM
It is certainly not legal and one of the main stated purposes of the portal was to avoid tampering, but with that said it is happening anyway and I would think more rampant than ever.

Not if the school itself isn't doing it. Boosters aren't getting busted anymore.

NCMSTFAN
04-19-2022, 01:46 PM

I havent seen this but it wouldn't surprise me. Purcell did just tweet about Jessika Carter today so hopefully that's a good sign. She is a difference maker for us next season

Cooterpoot
04-19-2022, 02:16 PM

Could it happen? Sure. But will be extremely surprised if she leaves.

Percho
04-19-2022, 03:50 PM
Yes it’s happening in all major sports & MSU is doing it as well.

I wonder why the powers that be, whoever that may be, do not say, it is legal to recruit whoever, whenever and just get done with?

Ifyouonlyknew
04-19-2022, 05:45 PM
I wonder why the powers that be, whoever that may be, do not say, it is legal to recruit whoever, whenever and just get done with?

It’s a difference between opposing players talking to players or people talking to AAU coaches & family vs coaches calling kids on opposing teams. Not the same at all.