PDA

View Full Version : Quick take on personnel before the game.

MetEdDawg
11-23-2013, 12:22 PM
I'm just thinking about our situation right now with playing guys like Perkins and Russell. What an odd situation we are in to have a senior like Russell, who is the most decorated QB in our history, and a senior in Perkins, who is 3rd all time in all purpose yards at MSU, not even being the best at their position currently on our team.

I really think this has been our biggest problem. Two guys at two very key positions that were here from the beginning with Mullen. They've done so much for us that I think it's been hard for Mullen to weigh winning over playing guys that have done so much for us over their time here. I know it's not an excuse, but I doubt there are many teams in the country struggling with their best passer of all time and one of their best athletes of all time not even being the best at their position on the team they play for.

We've got seniors that aren't impact players any more compared to the guys behind them. That's good for us moving forward, but that really sucks right now. Just a thought going into this game. Go Dawgs!