PDA

View Full Version : It took a while but I think we have our pitching rotation

R2Dawg
04-16-2022, 08:44 AM
PJ, Brandon, Cade starters and KC is the alpha closer. Those 4 are pretty dang good. The injuries forced the experimenting to go longer. It also tallied up a bunch of losses that we shouldn't have. We still need some guys to grow up in the pen to shore up chances for SEC weekends.

We are better than what we have showed to date and what our record shows.

Schultzy
04-16-2022, 08:58 AM
PJ, Brandon, Cade starters and KC is the alpha closer. Those 4 are pretty dang good. The injuries forced the experimenting to go longer. It also tallied up a bunch of losses that we shouldn't have. We still need some guys to grow up in the pen to shore up chances for SEC weekends.

We are better than what we have showed to date and what our record shows.

KC was out until recently.

ETA: but we would agree and if the coaches could do it over again KC wouldve finished last Friday.

And I agree we may be better than our record if our big hitters have a good 2nd half.

R2Dawg
04-16-2022, 09:18 AM
KC was out until recently.

ETA: but we would agree and if the coaches could do it over again KC wouldve finished last Friday.

And I agree we may be better than our record if our big hitters have a good 2nd half.

Yes I know KC was out with injury. That was part of the point. KC was a weekend starter to start the year too.

Losing Sims, KC, and Simmons wrecked the whole pitcher development plan. It was chaos in the pitching rotation but I think we see where things have fallen out and it looks pretty good on top 4. Pen still the issue.

Cooterpoot
04-16-2022, 09:28 AM
We've got Hunt and Stinnett back in the pen now. But that pen still is bad thin. We need a couple more to step it up. Auger going down is tough. He was a big piece. Fristoe or whoever has to step up if we want to make a run at post season. Hopefully the rotation can eat a lot of innings.

Ari Gold
04-16-2022, 09:55 AM
B Smith pounds the zone and had a very good outing Thursday.. but let’s pump the brakes a little
PS had one good outing as well in the rotation and we see how that ended up

B Smith is a veteran and has seen a lot of SEC hitters over the last few years . So we shall see

And side not PJohson may not have a sack the size of Sims, but it’s very nice.. props to that kid for being a warrior so far this year

R2Dawg
04-16-2022, 10:16 AM
Our rotation isn't NC good like we ended up last year but I think we have it now and it is good - as good as the teams we are battling post season for.

PJ is battle tested and proven in big moments. Just watch some of last year. Every pitcher will had bad outings - Bednar did last year and we all try to forget Mac in CWS.

Brandon may not be as good as some but he tough, don't get rattled and pounds the zone. IMO he is more consistent than any of the other starters we've tried to trot out there.