PDA

View Full Version : Beef and KC tonight?

SaintDawg
04-15-2022, 09:33 AM
The question isnt about PJ, it's about KC. Really want these two to pitch their butts off tonight. A series win tonight would set the table for Cade to be more relaxed I would think, and give an extra day of rest for our guys going into OM next weekend.

GolfDawg
04-15-2022, 10:50 AM
If Preston can limit the walks a bit, he could have a great outing. We can't put guys on in front of Dichiara- did a good job of that last night except for the 5th inning- luckily he didn't hurt us then. With our current pitching situation I'd love to see Preston throw 6 innings and then KC the rest of the way.

Todd4State
04-15-2022, 10:55 AM
If it's close I think we see KC.

If it's not I think we see maybe Tepper or Fristoe.

HoopsDawg
04-15-2022, 10:56 AM
If Preston can limit the walks a bit, he could have a great outing. We can't put guys on in front of Dichiara- did a good job of that last night except for the 5th inning- luckily he didn't hurt us then. With our current pitching situation I'd love to see Preston throw 6 innings and then KC the rest of the way.

Yep, it's almost a split start situation. Preston 5, KC 4 or Preston 6 KC 3. We don't have the luxury of mid-relief, set up man, closer, situational. It's got to be put your best 2 out there and get 27 outs.

Then Cade tomorrow and piece it together.

HoopsDawg
04-15-2022, 11:04 AM
Random note: Oregon State hasn't walked a batter in their last 4 games.

GolfDawg
04-15-2022, 11:24 AM
Random note: Oregon State hasn't walked a batter in their last 4 games.

Wonder what that feels like

sleepy dawg
04-15-2022, 12:32 PM

I mean that's pretty much the story with PJ isn't it.. and a lot of our pitchers. Limit the walks and they do great... a task that seems much easier said than done though.

Commercecomet24
04-15-2022, 12:46 PM
I mean that's pretty much the story with PJ isn't it.. and a lot of our pitchers. Limit the walks and they do great... a task that seems much easier said than done though.

This. We limit walks we have a chance every game. As you said apparently it's easier said than done, shouldn't be though.We throw way to many plus count non competitive breaking balls, drives me crazy!

I always favor attacking hitters, in plus counts because you're in control.

GolfDawg
04-15-2022, 12:55 PM
This. We limit walks we have a chance every game. As you said apparently it's easier said than done, shouldn't be though.We throw way to many plus count non competitive breaking balls, drives me crazy!

I always favor attacking hitters, in plus counts because you're in control.

Maybe we throw all of those non-competitive breaking balls because our pitchers got used to our hitters chasing them in the fall? Mostly joking. Mostly.

Commercecomet24
04-15-2022, 01:03 PM
Maybe we throw all of those non-competitive breaking balls because our pitchers got used to our hitters chasing them in the fall? Mostly joking. Mostly.

That's a good one! You may be right lol!

We do have a few hitters who will "expand" the strike zone!