PDA

View Full Version : Henderson Suspended

Gutter Cobreh
04-14-2022, 02:27 PM
Hendo suspended from Utah w/o pay.

https://www.deseret.com/2022/4/13/23023999/utah-baseball-coach-suspended-2-weeks-gary-henderson

Say what you want about our team this year, but at the least we haven't had to suspend a coach this season....

Also, ironic that the person who saw our program through a coach suspension and eventual dismissal has found himself also put on leave (but I'm sure for different reasons).

msstate7
04-14-2022, 02:33 PM
What's the reason? I'll reserve judgement till this is known

Coach34
04-14-2022, 02:42 PM
He wasnt using the correct pronouns

Cooterpoot
04-14-2022, 03:01 PM
Move out west, pay the piper. Such BS!

Todd4State
04-14-2022, 03:58 PM
It sounds like he will be back in two weeks.

If I were him I would leave and take another job though even if it's a pitching coach job.

He's done a good job there on the field. That's a program that's almost impossible to win at.

MaroonFlounder
04-14-2022, 04:13 PM
I love the guy. He's endured some tough times, with the toughest likely being the loss of his son.

Homedawg
04-14-2022, 05:26 PM
I love the guy. He's endured some tough times, with the toughest likely being the loss of his son.

Yes. Terrible.

Homedawg
04-14-2022, 05:32 PM

These days who knows...

WhiskeyPirate
04-14-2022, 05:34 PM

Cultural rot is so bad on the west coast it’s almost impossible to coach there and speak somewhat sincerely.

BeardoMSU
04-14-2022, 05:49 PM
Cultural rot is so bad on the west coast it’s almost impossible to coach there and speak somewhat sincerely.

It's Utah, dude...UTAH...not ****ing Berkeley CA.

Quaoarsking
04-14-2022, 07:12 PM
Not sure if it's sillier to think that Utah is a "West Coast" state geographically or culturally.

BeardoMSU
04-14-2022, 07:20 PM
Not sure if it's sillier to think that Utah is a "West Coast" state geographically or culturally.

No kidding.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
04-14-2022, 07:29 PM

I'd rather be silly than petty.

BeardoMSU
04-14-2022, 07:40 PM

Like you're not petty, lol.

Quaoarsking
04-14-2022, 07:48 PM

He was being both obviously, but I didn't want to be too combative.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
04-14-2022, 07:52 PM
Like you're not petty, lol.

Why are you always coming at me***lol***

BeardoMSU
04-14-2022, 07:57 PM
Why are you always coming at me***lol***

Sure, lol.

Tater
04-14-2022, 11:52 PM

This was the only thing anyone needed to say.

Instead we had:

1. Make it about social identity:

2. Think Utah (one of the most bass ackwards states in the union) is the big bad "West".

Move out west, pay the piper. Such BS!

3. Not even being coy in thinking west of Texas = "West Coast" and having cultural rot. The sad thing is I agree that the state of Utah is culturally rotted to the core. But it's definitely because it swings the way opposite way that you are thinking. You're just in such a bubble you clearly think not in South = badthink.

4. Come in with his stand up comic routine and "gotcha" zingers that only he gets because he has very high IQ***

At least there is about half in this thread not being blatantly stupid. Kudos to y'all. Sad that that's the bar here.

dawgoneyall
04-15-2022, 06:46 AM
Now wait?.have you never heard Rusty Weir?s ?Coast of Colorado??

Coach34
04-15-2022, 10:32 AM

https://nationalfile.com/video-utahs-pro-trans-gop-governor-gives-his-preferred-pronouns-to-kids/

video of the governor using "his" pronouns to introduce himself

Quaoarsking
04-15-2022, 11:43 AM
https://nationalfile.com/video-utahs-pro-trans-gop-governor-gives-his-preferred-pronouns-to-kids/

I'm not sure what relevance that has to Utah's geographic location, nor how a single sentence suddenly turns one of America's most conservative states into California culturally. And most importantly, what any of that has to do with Gary Henderson's "personnel matter"

OLJWales
04-15-2022, 12:11 PM

Evil has no geographic boundaries in education.

Johnson85
04-15-2022, 02:02 PM
It's Utah, dude...UTAH...not ****ing Berkeley CA.

It's a university though. No clue about Utah, but I'm sure nobody would have expected a Mississippi school to jump on the idea that a noose, no matter what the context, is racist. And Ole Miss simultaneously is somehow home to the Klan and some pretty awful woke faculty.

Coach34
04-15-2022, 03:18 PM
I'm not sure what relevance that has to Utah's geographic location, nor how a single sentence suddenly turns one of America's most conservative states into California culturally. And most importantly, what any of that has to do with Gary Henderson's "personnel matter"

Sorry- I forgot that the more liberal among us have trouble with jokes. My comment about Henderson was a joke in reference to the asinine comments made by the governor of Utah.

Commercecomet24
04-15-2022, 03:40 PM
This thread has taken a weird turn lol

PGHBulldogBG
04-15-2022, 03:45 PM
[QUOTE=Commercecomet24;1425547]This thread has taken a weird turn lol[/

Yea I have no idea what?s going on with this thread, but trying to get it back on topic, Utah has some weird rules so a personal issue there may be looked at way different than other places. I?ll wait to see the actual issue if it ever comes out before I pass judgement.

MabenMaroon
04-16-2022, 01:17 PM
Now wait?.have you never heard Rusty Weir?s ?Coast of Colorado??

Actually saw him perform that live in College Station and Austin circa '76/'77 .... "surfing on the coast of Colorado when California is gone" ... some mighty fun times.

TUSK
04-16-2022, 08:19 PM
Ze Zir Me, I are agree...

Up "IN" dis thread, I be.

(I'll be here all week)

YazooDawg23
04-16-2022, 09:58 PM
Sorry- I forgot that the more liberal among us have trouble with jokes. My comment about Henderson was a joke in reference to the asinine comments made by the governor of Utah.

If you have to explain a joke it didn?t really land.

Westdawg
04-16-2022, 11:30 PM
This was the only thing anyone needed to say.

Instead we had:

1. Make it about social identity:

2. Think Utah (one of the most bass ackwards states in the union) is the big bad "West".

3. Not even being coy in thinking west of Texas = "West Coast" and having cultural rot. The sad thing is I agree that the state of Utah is culturally rotted to the core. But it's definitely because it swings the way opposite way that you are thinking. You're just in such a bubble you clearly think not in South = badthink.

4. Come in with his stand up comic routine and "gotcha" zingers that only he gets because he has very high IQ***

At least there is about half in this thread not being blatantly stupid. Kudos to y'all. Sad that that's the bar here.

You have obviously NOT lived west of TX?.or near Austin, TX for that matter. You assume a lot just because Utah (or parts thereof) is the center of the Mormon world. Utah fits west coast mindset a lot more than you could ever imagine

dawgoneyall
04-17-2022, 08:46 AM
Actually saw him perform that live in College Station and Austin circa '76/'77 .... "surfing on the coast of Colorado when California is gone" ... some mighty fun times.

"Black Hat Saloon" is a great album-which I have.

MabenMaroon
04-17-2022, 10:42 AM
Absolutely! When I was at TAMU ( 75-78), there were two bars directly across the street from the north end of campus where a bunch of student housing was. Those two bars were the Dixie Chicken and Duddley's Draw. I am pretty sure you couldn't stay more than a half an hour in either place without hearing a cut off of Black Hat Saloon. Great LP, lost my original copy, will probably pick up a CD sometime soon now that the memory has been stirred.

Tater
04-18-2022, 12:21 PM
You have obviously NOT lived west of TX?.or near Austin, TX for that matter. You assume a lot just because Utah (or parts thereof) is the center of the Mormon world. Utah fits west coast mindset a lot more than you could ever imagine

Bro I've lived all over. This is a hilarious take. Utah isn't liberal except for wanting polygamy. No two ways about it. Nothing to do with mormons, everything to do with lack of urban development comparatively.

PGHBulldogBG
04-18-2022, 01:06 PM
Absolutely! When I was at TAMU ( 75-78), there were two bars directly across the street from the north end of campus where a bunch of student housing was. Those two bars were the Dixie Chicken and Duddley's Draw. I am pretty sure you couldn't stay more than a half an hour in either place without hearing a cut off of Black Hat Saloon. Great LP, lost my original copy, will probably pick up a CD sometime soon now that the memory has been stirred.

The Dixie Chicken in College Station is a great bar. I can?t remember the exact tradition but I remember etching our name in the wood and there were like hundreds of thousands of names. I was last in college station in the mid 2000s so not sure if it?s still there. Of course I am biased to Starkville but College Station was my 2nd favorite college town.

Offshore Dawg
04-18-2022, 02:15 PM
California people moving to rockies and bringing their political views with them.

TUSK
04-18-2022, 04:26 PM
Bro I've lived all over. This is a hilarious take. Utah isn't liberal except for wanting polygamy. No two ways about it. Nothing to do with mormons, everything to do with lack of urban development comparatively.

That's spectacular...

Gutter Cobreh
04-18-2022, 05:01 PM
https://twitter.com/utahbaseball/status/1515423993846648833?s=21&t=DEIzM_pdyl-iU0ecXAFxEQ

OLJWales
04-18-2022, 08:18 PM
That's spectacular...

LMAO

TUSK
04-19-2022, 02:33 AM
LMAO

I hate you.

I hate you so very, very much.

(oh, the dindus won't lemme rep ya, js)