PDA

View Full Version : To me, today's game is more important than bowl eligibility because it gives us a

Bully13
11-23-2013, 11:30 AM
chance in the egg bowl, which is more important than a bowl birth in my opinion.

If we drop this very winnable game today, you can bet your ass we will not give a shit come Turkey Day.

If we have bowl eligibility on the line, I like our chances if Dak is healthy at home. Now I know the previous sentence appears to contradict my title line, but beating ole miss has always been my top priority as a MSU fan. I have a very unhealthy hate for them that I've never been able to shake. If all the coaches and players had the same level of hate I had for ole miss, I would never worry much about the egg bowl. We would smash their asses to hell whether there was post season on the line or not. So I must keep bowl hopes alive in order for us to have a chance at the most important bowl of the year.

If the football God offered me a deal where I had to take a loss today but guaranteed me an egg bowl victory, I'd almost be tempted to take it. I do realize how bad staying home is regarding recruiting and extra practice time. But in reality, we should be able to take care of upig. If we can't figure out how to win today, there is no way in hell you can't say we have digressed and we just plain out suck and have lost the will to win. We will find out how committed our players are today and whether or not they are willing to play their hearts out for Mullen.

HunterDawg
11-23-2013, 12:19 PM
I disagree. I think a bowl birth would be special and I don't care if it is a boy bowl or a girl bowl, as long as it is healthy.