PDA

View Full Version : Well, well, UT finally goes down.

State82
04-12-2022, 09:57 PM
TN Tech pulls off a win against the Vols. With wood bats.

confucius say
04-12-2022, 10:18 PM
Since that bat tested 400 psi below the limit they have come back to the pack offensively.

TNDawg35
04-13-2022, 11:36 AM
Funny how they go to mashing with their bats to all of a sudden a screeching haunt with wood bats….

DownwardDawg
04-13-2022, 11:57 AM
Wait. Who's using wood bats and why?

R2Dawg
04-13-2022, 12:21 PM
TN Tech pulls off a win against the Vols. With wood bats.

UT has a good team, pitching is pitching but you can't tell me some funny stuff wasn't and ain't going on. Their coach reminds me of Will Wade at LSU, maybe he isn't but that is my perception.

Commercecomet24
04-13-2022, 12:23 PM
Wait. Who's using wood bats and why?

It was a wood bat game sponsored by the Smokies, Cubs minor league team at the Smokies Stadium.

State82
04-13-2022, 01:12 PM
Matt brought up an interesting idea today when discussing the UT game from last night. It would be cool to see the Governor's Cup played with wood bats each year. I wish it would be possible for Division 1 to go to wood bats but I know that's never happening.

DownwardDawg
04-13-2022, 01:54 PM
UT has a good team, pitching is pitching but you can't tell me some funny stuff wasn't and ain't going on. Their coach reminds me of Will Wade at LSU, maybe he isn't but that is my perception.

He's a total dirt bag.

RougeDawg
04-13-2022, 03:58 PM
Matt brought up an interesting idea today when discussing the UT game from last night. It would be cool to see the Governor's Cup played with wood bats each year. I wish it would be possible for Division 1 to go to wood bats but I know that's never happening.

Shit no. With the way we swing there will be barrels and wood splinters flying all over the field. And the costs of wooden bats being demolished by these swings would be hefty.

State82
04-13-2022, 05:07 PM
Shit no. With the way we swing there will be barrels and wood splinters flying all over the field. And the costs of wooden bats being demolished by these swings would be hefty.

No doubt about that.

BrunswickDawg
04-13-2022, 05:30 PM

We have a former player who owns a bat company we will be fine. Of course knowing our athletic dept they would by Worth wood bats to save $.