PDA

View Full Version : Women's basketball team

jdelta02
04-12-2022, 06:16 PM
Busy day

- Temple transfer guard Ashley Jones transferring out.
- Michigan State transfer guard Alyza Winston reported as transferring out as well.
- Women's basketball team adds Florida State transfer guard Kourtney Weber.

NCMSTFAN
04-12-2022, 06:20 PM
Losing Alyza was surprising. She just got there in January, she was going to be really good for us. The Weber pick up is ok but all her numbers across the board dropped drastically from her Junior to her Senior year.

Purcell has 5 roster spots to fill and he is supposed to be a great recruiter so I'm interested in seeing what he can do.

jdelta02
04-12-2022, 06:36 PM
Kourtney Weber did deal with hamstring injury this past season, especially early season.

Cooterpoot
04-12-2022, 09:29 PM
Jones was never going to help.

Ari Gold
04-13-2022, 01:43 PM
Yawn...

NCMSTFAN
04-13-2022, 03:01 PM
Yawn...

Why take the time to even open the thread and make that comment? If you don't watch the sport just ignore it. You come on here to say that, so the other "fans" on here who don't like Women's Basketball can echo how much they hate it also. Just simply ignore it, its not that hard.

Cooterpoot
04-14-2022, 03:03 PM
Just signed a 6'4 Louisville transfer.

NCMSTFAN
04-14-2022, 03:57 PM
Just signed a 6'4 Louisville transfer.

She played behind a couple of girls last year but it's always good to add some size. That's what hurt us this past year. That gives us 6'5 Charlotte Kohl, 6'5 Jessika Carter, 6'4 Ramani Parker, 6'1 Debreasha Powe, 6'0" Danae Carter in terms of size. And we still have 4 roster spots to fill. I'd like to see an athletic wing type offensive minded player to compliment Anastasia

jdelta02
04-14-2022, 07:00 PM
Any thoughts on West Virginia transfer Esmery Martinez?

NCMSTFAN
04-14-2022, 07:54 PM

She committed to us years ago when Shaeffer was on campus but didn't come, I don't remember what happened but she would be a good addition. Not sure if she is even considering us

somebodyshotmypaw
04-14-2022, 08:14 PM
She played behind a couple of girls last year but it's always good to add some size. That's what hurt us this past year. That gives us 6'5 Charlotte Kohl, 6'5 Jessika Carter, 6'4 Ramani Parker, 6'1 Debreasha Powe, 6'0" Danae Carter in terms of size. And we still have 4 roster spots to fill. I'd like to see an athletic wing type offensive minded player to compliment Anastasia

You should never waste a scholarship simply to have someone compliment Anastasia. Our coach is too smart for that.

Hambone
04-14-2022, 08:19 PM
You should never waste a scholarship simply to have someone compliment Anastasia. Our coach is too smart for that.

You realize Pippen complimented Jordan?

You sign anyone that can help the team. They don’t all have to be stars. Role players are what makes a team dangerous

somebodyshotmypaw
04-14-2022, 08:27 PM
You realize Pippen complimented Jordan?

You sign anyone that can help the team. They don’t all have to be stars. Role players are what makes a team dangerous

You can get a coach to compliment Anastasia. A coach can say “nice shoes” or “you look nice today” or “great play”. There is no need to waste a scholarship for someone to hand out compliments. And Pippen actually didn’t compliment Jordan very often. Read Pippen’s book if you don’t believe me. But Pippen did complement Jordan.

99jc
04-14-2022, 08:29 PM

The Dominican republic league she was in (like AAU here) was getting involved and Vic Backed off.

Hambone
04-14-2022, 10:34 PM
You can get a coach to compliment Anastasia. A coach can say “nice shoes” or “you look nice today” or “great play”. There is no need to waste a scholarship for someone to hand out compliments. And Pippen actually didn’t compliment Jordan very often. Read Pippen’s book if you don’t believe me. But Pippen did complement Jordan.

Sorry captain grammar.

NCMSTFAN
04-15-2022, 09:48 AM

Thats an odd post. What are you even talking about? Adding another wing scorer to help put points in the basket isn't wasting a scholarship. You recruit to the need of the team and we need another perimeter scorer, Annie and Jerkaila will have to sit at times for rest and God forbid injuries to happen, you need multiple options on the perimeter, someone who can go get you a bucket... Did you watch any games last year? After Rickea left and Annie was basically our only scoring threat did you see what happened when she sat on the bench?

NCMSTFAN
04-15-2022, 09:50 AM
Sorry captain grammar.

Ignore him... I feel dumb for even responding to the grammar King. He knows what we meant