PDA

View Full Version : Cam Carter in the portal

klong-dog
04-12-2022, 08:53 AM
Nm

Saltydog
04-12-2022, 09:04 AM
Hmm, wonder if this means we have another transfer coming in (Pinson possibly). I really hate to lose Cam though. Thought he was going to be a good player for us.

HoopsDawg
04-12-2022, 09:05 AM
Best of luck to him.

msstate7
04-12-2022, 09:07 AM
So what's our target board look like?

NCMSTFAN
04-12-2022, 09:31 AM
Cam Carter has a high ceiling, hate to see him leave. We will probably see others leave also. It's the new age in college sports so Jans will have to use the portal to build as he did at NM State.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-12-2022, 10:34 AM
Jans has been saying he plans to bring in 2 PG’s. The writing was on the wall & I like Cam & think he has a high ceiling. If we’re being honest there’s only 4 kids that I think we have to keep. Tolu, DJ, Shak, & Murphy. Garcia & Matthews can stay too but they’re not must have guys. Everybody else is replaceable.

NCMSTFAN
04-12-2022, 10:42 AM
Jans has been saying he plans to bring in 2 PG’s. The writing was on the wall & I like Cam & think he has a high ceiling. If we’re being honest there’s only 4 kids that I think we have to keep. Tolu, DJ, Shak, & Murphy. Garcia & Matthews can stay too but they’re not must have guys. Everybody else is replaceable.

I expected more out of DJ, maybe Jans can get it out of him. If he or Shak transfers they will have to sit out a year because they already transferred once, I think Tolu is in that same situation so they all may stay. I'm interested in seeing what Murphy brings

smootness
04-12-2022, 10:58 AM
I don't think DJ is anything close to a must-keep. He's gotten worse every year he's been in college and was a net negative for us last year.

Saltydog
04-12-2022, 11:09 AM
Speaking of guards but what ended up happening to Rocket Watts?

Ifyouonlyknew
04-12-2022, 11:44 AM
I don't think DJ is anything close to a must-keep. He's gotten worse every year he's been in college and was a net negative for us last year.

I don’t think we did DJ any favors offensively.

HoopsDawg
04-12-2022, 12:13 PM

I don't mind DJ at the stretch 4. I don't like him at the 3. We need a 35%+ 3 point shooter at the 3. Especially if Davis is going to be our PG.

smootness
04-12-2022, 01:04 PM
I just don't see DJ as a good fit anywhere. What offense does he fit into? He doesn't shoot well, and he's not really even all that athletic. He also isn't aggressive, tends to play iso ball, and doesn't play defense particularly well.

I get that he was a highly-rated recruit, but I have yet to see him do anything on the court in college I'm impressed with.

Homedawg
04-12-2022, 02:32 PM
I just don't see DJ as a good fit anywhere. What offense does he fit into? He doesn't shoot well, and he's not really even all that athletic. He also isn't aggressive, tends to play iso ball, and doesn't play defense particularly well.

I get that he was a highly-rated recruit, but I have yet to see him do anything on the court in college I'm impressed with.

Ditto. When you want Garcia on the court 10x more that tells you he wasn't much help. He was good for a charge a game though driving madly out of control

Ifyouonlyknew
04-12-2022, 02:42 PM

DJ was our best defender last season. He could guard 1-4. No one else on the team could do that. Cam is the only 1 close &
He’s too foul prone on the perimeter. Anytime someone was getting off on us last year whether PG or Stretch 4 we’d put DJ on them.

DJ didn’t shoot well last year but hell no one did. His 2 years at Memphis he shot 37% from 3. He’s shown he can be a capable shooter. You can’t just put DJ in the corner & say spot up.
We didn't give DJ enough responsibility on offense IMO. We basically stuck him in the corner & said stand there. So the times on boards when he did get to push it he forced the action some because who knew when he'd get that chance again. You can't play DJ Jeffries the same way you played Jalen Johnson & that's what we did. You have to find a way to involve him more on offense within the offensive structure like you said. He can be a valuable chess piece if you use him right.

msstate7
04-12-2022, 02:52 PM
So if you put dj at the 4...

Davis pg
??? Sg
Garcia sf
Dj pf
Tolu (hopefully) c

If that's our lineup, we need a real scorer at the 2 imo

NCMSTFAN
04-12-2022, 03:26 PM

Davis pg
??? Sg
Garcia sf
Dj pf
Tolu (hopefully) c

Shak Moore and Watts will be in the mix also if they stick around. We won't really know much about this team until the smoke clears with who is staying and who is coming in

Ifyouonlyknew
04-12-2022, 03:27 PM
Shak Moore and Watts will be in the mix also if they stick around. We won't really know much about this team until the smoke clears with who is staying and who is coming in

Rocket won’t be back. Rocket left the team before the season was even over. He didn’t travel to Virginia for the NIT game.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-12-2022, 03:28 PM

Davis pg
??? Sg
Garcia sf
Dj pf
Tolu (hopefully) c

No way Garcia should be starting. He’s a great 15-18min energy guy off the bench but he’s not starting for a good SEC team.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-12-2022, 04:38 PM
Oh Well

NCMSTFAN
04-12-2022, 04:51 PM
Rocket won’t be back. Rocket left the team before the season was even over. He didn’t travel to Virginia for the NIT game.

Oh ok, I didn't know that. Before it's all said and done it wouldn't surprise me to see alot of the team leave, the guys actually enjoyed playing for Howland

HoopsDawg
04-12-2022, 04:54 PM
Oh ok, I didn't know that. Before it's all said and done it wouldn't surprise me to see alot of the team leave, the guys actually enjoyed playing for Howland

I just told you that on here yesterday or 2 days ago.

HoopsDawg
04-12-2022, 04:54 PM
Oh Well

What does this mean?

msstate7
04-12-2022, 05:29 PM
Arkansas has 5 HS signees and 4 transfers. Are they losing everyone?

NCMSTFAN
04-12-2022, 05:32 PM
I just told you that on here yesterday or 2 days ago.

Lol calm down man you mentioned Rocket wasn't coming back but he said Rocket left the team before the season was over. That part I did not know

PGHBulldogBG
04-13-2022, 07:27 AM
Jeffries, Tolu, Garcia, Moore, Davis (OSU transfer) and Matthews. Is this our team right now? Carter, Molinar and Davis gone. I?m a bit skeptical of Davis but hopefully his performance last year was the result of being on a bad team. I would love to get Pinson and Hopson

RougeDawg
04-13-2022, 09:02 AM
Jans has been saying he plans to bring in 2 PG?s. The writing was on the wall & I like Cam & think he has a high ceiling. If we?re being honest there?s only 4 kids that I think we have to keep. Tolu, DJ, Shak, & Murphy. Garcia & Matthews can stay too but they?re not must have guys. Everybody else is replaceable.

Garcia is a try to keep guy. He plays with the Mississippi State mentality. We need to keep him for the grit and spark. Had Howland played him earlier and more often, we are most likely not even discussing Jans right now. He single handedly willed the team back into games when we were in a scoring famine.

I?d like to see him stay and his mentality rub off on some others.

NCMSTFAN
04-13-2022, 09:10 AM
Jeffries, Tolu, Garcia, Moore, Davis (OSU transfer) and Matthews. Is this our team right now? Carter, Molinar and Davis gone. I?m a bit skeptical of Davis but hopefully his performance last year was the result of being on a bad team. I would love to get Pinson and Hopson

Keyshawn Murphy and Alden Applewhite are both still on the roster also, no word about what they plan on doing yet.

Coach34
04-13-2022, 10:21 AM
There will be alot of turnover- its what happens when a new coach is brought in

Ifyouonlyknew
04-13-2022, 10:38 AM
Keyshawn Murphy and Alden Applewhite are both still on the roster also, no word about what they plan on doing yet.

Applewhite won’t be back. The plan is for Murphy to return.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-13-2022, 10:38 AM
Garcia is a try to keep guy. He plays with the Mississippi State mentality. We need to keep him for the grit and spark. Had Howland played him earlier and more often, we are most likely not even discussing Jans right now. He single handedly willed the team back into games when we were in a scoring famine.

I?d like to see him stay and his mentality rub off on some others.

I don’t mind Garcia being a 15min hustle guy off the bench. Every team needs 1 or 2 of those.

NCMSTFAN
04-13-2022, 11:06 AM
Applewhite won’t be back. The plan is for Murphy to return.

Any word on Kimani Hamilton, Jaykwon Walton (Juco transfer) or Martavious Russell?

Ifyouonlyknew
04-13-2022, 11:20 AM
Any word on Kimani Hamilton, Jaykwon Walton (Juco transfer) or Martavious Russell?

We’ll keep the HS guys

WPS
04-13-2022, 12:27 PM
Arkansas has 5 HS signees and 4 transfers. Are they losing everyone?

Only 3 guys from last year's roster remaining, plus Jaylin Williams who is going through the draft process.

Lord McBuckethead
04-13-2022, 12:37 PM
Nm

Who? I only remember the names of winners.

RougeDawg
04-13-2022, 03:44 PM

You mean they enjoyed not having to play hard or work for it? Explains the exodus.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-13-2022, 04:15 PM
You mean they enjoyed not having to play hard or work for it? Explains the exodus.

Let’s not act like Howland’s teams were a bunch of slackers. They played hard. Just because they didn’t finish enough games let’s not act like they’re soft or not hard workers.

NCMSTFAN
04-13-2022, 07:43 PM

Stop it.... I'll admit Howland's teams underachieved but it wasn't for a lack of hard work/discipline/caring/trying. I think his style is just too slow and outdated. He also helped Q. Weatherspoon, Robert Woodard and Reggie Perry to get drafted. He had some blue collar hard workers in Garcia, Matthews, Molinar, Shakeel and JD this season too.. Ben didn't work out here and his style is dated but let's not act like he was clueless and had no control of the program, especially their work ethic

NCMSTFAN
04-15-2022, 11:28 AM
Juco player Jaykwon Walker requested his release yesterday. Thats another open spot on our roster to fill