PDA

View Full Version : Y'all seen anything like this? re: NIL and recruitin'....

TUSK
04-11-2022, 02:44 PM
I would assume A&M (& others) has/have a similar program...

https://www.hightidetraditions.com/

Cooterpoot
04-11-2022, 02:47 PM
We're giving out gift certificates for a box of chicken at Woodys in Noxapater.

HoopsDawg
04-11-2022, 02:53 PM
We're giving out gift certificates for a box of chicken at Woodys in Noxapater.

Lol, great reference

ScoobaDawg
04-11-2022, 04:02 PM
And the rich get richer... We badly need to get more organized on this front.

Offshore Dawg
04-11-2022, 04:05 PM
And the rich get richer... We badly need to get more organized on this front.

Might not matter, players will go for the best deal available.

Offshore Dawg
04-11-2022, 04:07 PM
I would assume A&M (& others) has/have a similar program...

https://www.hightidetraditions.com/

Verry few schools can out BAMA - BAMA.

OLJWales
04-11-2022, 04:11 PM
We need salary caps and if caught cheating, player loses a year and 50% schollie losses for next crootin' cycle.

coachnorm
04-12-2022, 09:57 AM
We need salary caps and if caught cheating, player loses a year and 50% schollie losses for next crootin' cycle.

If the best high school player in America lives around the corner from Mississippi State and is found by Nike and he gets a Bryce Young deal what can the State or University do about it? Alabama and Nick Saban got the message and understand the ramifications in wait for them if they challenge the Supreme Court's jurisdiction. I hope we are as well knowledgeable. The Supreme Court declaration of law was not established for some subordinate to end run them. All the State or University can do is regulate disbursement of money within the University to a student athlete and not an outside corporation from Eugene, New York, or Los Angeles.

TUSK
04-12-2022, 05:53 PM
If the best high school player in America lives around the corner from Mississippi State and is found by Nike and he gets a Bryce Young deal what can the State or University do about it? Alabama and Nick Saban got the message and understand the ramifications in wait for them if they challenge the Supreme Court's jurisdiction. I hope we are as well knowledgeable. The Supreme Court declaration of law was not established for some subordinate to end run them. All the State or University can do is regulate disbursement of money within the University to a student athlete and not an outside corporation from Eugene, New York, or Los Angeles.

will you translate that in to 'Neck, please?

coachnorm
04-12-2022, 10:23 PM

Bryce Young got a big NIL deal thru a direct business transaction between himself and another party not affiliated with Alabama Football or any business within the State of Alabama. I believe that it might be Los Angeles money. That is different than a College program acquiring NIL funding and disbursing money, slush fund, in house to various athletes. The Supreme Court ruled on personal business transactions with an athlete and business partner and stated that it is allowable as a point of law. If a Mississippi athlete gets sponsored thru Nike, he is not affiliated with any NIL activity within the State thus Mississippi can not interfere with a business transaction in Eugene, Oregon. Mississippi or any other State will have to deal with this type of NIL as Saban and Alabama have currently

TUSK
04-13-2022, 03:30 AM
Bryce Young got a big NIL deal thru a direct business transaction between himself and another party not affiliated with Alabama Football or any business within the State of Alabama. I believe that it might be Los Angeles money. That is different than a College program acquiring NIL funding and disbursing money, slush fund, in house to various athletes. The Supreme Court ruled on personal business transactions with an athlete and business partner and stated that it is allowable as a point of law. If a Mississippi athlete gets sponsored thru Nike, he is not affiliated with any NIL activity within the State thus Mississippi can not interfere with a business transaction in Eugene, Oregon. Mississippi or any other State will have to deal with this type of NIL as Saban and Alabama have currently

yes. agree. paragraphs.

to. wit. there. for..,,,,,

n such. jesus H

gerd?

OLJWales
04-13-2022, 11:03 AM

Please post more and don't be a stranger cuz yo shit's medicinal.

Ari Gold
04-13-2022, 01:42 PM
Who cares.. “College” football is over..

TUSK
04-13-2022, 10:54 PM
The Atlantic is reporting a High School JUNIOR just inked an $8,000,000 deal....

ETA: My guess is that it's the Manning kid... and the school is likely (IMO) Texas, UGA or Bammer....

parabrave
04-13-2022, 11:29 PM
May as well just draft them out of high school and have the college ranks act as a minor league.
hs

Rawdawg
04-14-2022, 11:52 AM
I?ve been told that we are getting taken to the woodshed by NIL in football. We?re not even competitive.

Extendedcab
04-14-2022, 12:42 PM
Who cares.. “College” football is over..

Amen Ari!

Amateur football (college level and maybe high school next) is over! I am losing my interest which is very sad as I have enjoyed collegiate sports in the past.

parabrave
04-14-2022, 01:02 PM
Well it's only a matter of time before a female athlete looks at how many females are getting lucrative NILs compared to males and here comes the Title IX lawsuits.

Ari Gold
04-14-2022, 04:26 PM
Well it's only a matter of time before a female athlete looks at how many females are getting lucrative NILs compared to males and here comes the Title IX lawsuits.

Going to be rich when the highest paid female college athlete is transgender .
That dude swimming just made all the progress made by title IX meaningless. And the biggest sports platform for women’s sports ( espn) didn’t even bat an eye to question or refute it..

parabrave
04-14-2022, 04:47 PM
Going to be rich when the highest paid female college athlete is transgender .
That dude swimming just made all the progress made by title IX meaningless. And the biggest sports platform for women’s sports ( espn) didn’t even bat an eye to question or refute it..

Just wait till he comes out and proclaims he changed his mind is back to being a Male//

Dawgfan77
04-15-2022, 06:24 AM
I?ve been told that we are getting taken to the woodshed by NIL in football. We?re not even competitive.
Not sure where you are getting this info. We were a little late getting organized but we have some things in place and more things coming. But we are not getting taken to the woodshed. We will be generally were we are in recruiting maybe bumping up a couple of rankings but we are getting better