PDA

View Full Version : Looking ahead to next season-roster...

HoopsDawg
04-11-2022, 01:49 PM
C: Hancock-likely to move on; Highfill (draft risk), Gray Bane

1B: Hines- this is locked down, Seibert
2B: Davis Meche
SS: Lane Forsythe
3B: Slate Alford

RF: Kellum Clark-draft elgible after the season; Revy Higgins
CF: McGowan, Corder, Skinner
LF: Cumbest-draft eligible, Aaron Downs, Chance

Incoming signees that might be ready as freshman: Jett Williams-big draft risk; already mentioned Highfill, I don't really see any others that will be ready as freshman. Maybe I'm missing someone.

Lemonis and his staff better roll up their sleeves b/c they have some serious work to do.

Pitching we could be losing KC Hunt, Brandon Smith, Stone Simmons, Preston Johnson, Stinnett, Talley, Sims, Tullar and Walling

Best guess on SEC rotation as of today: Cade Smith, Pico Kohn, No idea-Jack Walker

Incoming players that could help: Bradley Loftin, Will Gibbs, McLain Ray and we've got a couple of guys heading to the draft most likely

BeardoMSU
04-11-2022, 02:15 PM
Woof.

The Federalist Engineer
04-11-2022, 02:28 PM
Mrs. Federalist: "He's not thinking about work, money, geopolitics, or other women. He's thinking about MSU baseball"

Mr, Federalist: "Next year, Fristoe will be Dakota Hudson, Tepper will be Will Bednar, and Pico Kohn will be Ethan Small. Visualize and think Positive"

https://imgflip.com/s/meme/I-Bet-Hes-Thinking-About-Other-Women.jpg

BeardoMSU
04-11-2022, 02:43 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to The Federalist Engineer again.

basedog
04-11-2022, 03:07 PM
Mrs. Federalist: "He's not thinking about work, money, geopolitics, or other women. He's thinking about MSU baseball"

Mr, Federalist: "Next year, Fristoe will be Dakota Hudson, Tepper will be Will Bednar, and Pico Kohn will be Ethan Small. Visualize and think Positive"

https://imgflip.com/s/meme/I-Bet-Hes-Thinking-About-Other-Women.jpg

LOL!!!!

Rawdawg
04-11-2022, 03:33 PM
We?re dropping some recruits and going hard into the portal. There?s going to be a very big turnover this year.

KOdawg1
04-11-2022, 03:37 PM
Pitching, pitching, pitching. Need to hit the portal and load up.

If we rely solely on everyone coming back and our signees, we might win 10 sec games next year. Hell, we're in danger of only winning 10 this year.

Ari Gold
04-11-2022, 03:45 PM
C: Hancock-likely to move on; Highfill (draft risk), Gray Bane

1B: Hines- this is locked down, Seibert
2B: Davis Meche
SS: Lane Forsythe
3B: Slate Alford

RF: Kellum Clark-draft elgible after the season; Revy Higgins
CF: McGowan, Corder, Skinner
LF: Cumbest-draft eligible, Aaron Downs, Chance

Incoming signees that might be ready as freshman: Jett Williams-big draft risk; already mentioned Highfill, I don't really see any others that will be ready as freshman. Maybe I'm missing someone.

Lemonis and his staff better roll up their sleeves b/c they have some serious work to do.

Pitching we could be losing KC Hunt, Brandon Smith, Stone Simmons, Preston Johnson, Stinnett, Talley, Sims, Tullar and Walling

Best guess on SEC rotation as of today: Cade Smith, Pico Kohn, No idea-Jack Walker

Incoming players that could help: Bradley Loftin, Will Gibbs, McLain Ray and we've got a couple of guys heading to the draft most likely

Like I said the honeymoon is over and if things don’t get fixed and in a hurry a divorce could be looming
We better not miss on the portal or these incoming freshman.. outside of Hines and Clark ( if he stays) we have no idea if they are SEC legit.. and if they are ( Alford and Downs) they need to be getting playing time now.
Because those other guys on that list aren’t the answer..

Offshore Dawg
04-11-2022, 04:03 PM
All of the above kind of "SUCKS" so to speak.

DownwardDawg
04-11-2022, 04:18 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to The Federalist Engineer again.

I repped him.

BeardoMSU
04-11-2022, 04:25 PM
I repped him.

Gracias, sir.

Todd4State
04-11-2022, 04:26 PM
Ah. The typical our returning players won't improve at all next year post by a MSU fan.

I'm not as concerned as some people. We'll see what Fristoe and Tepper look like in the summer. Frustrating that some pitchers take three years to develop but I think both have that possibility. Cade is good and we'll see if Pico can take a spot. We'll see if we can get our JUCO pitchers and see what Simmons looks like coming off of Tommy John.

I expect us to get at least 5-6 portal transfers. That's really what will make or break us. We've had a lot of success with those types of players in baseball though once they get through their first month- Zach Neff, JP France, Scotty Dubrule, and now RJ Yeager. Kruger and Lowe were non-traditional JUCO players that would have likely been portal players in the past.

I'm expecting Kellum back the other corner spots to be taken by Alford, Hines, and Downs. I'm guessing the other four spots will be from the portal- a catcher regardless of what Highfill does, two MIF and a CF. Other two spots will probably be either two pitchers or a pitcher and a DH type although Seibert. Team should be built sort of like 2016 was. Hopefully with the same amount of success.

AlSwearengen
04-11-2022, 04:35 PM
We?re dropping some recruits and going hard into the portal. There?s going to be a very big turnover this year.

Any details or coded words that might spread a little light on this. We always sign 3 or 4 “marginal” players that end up in juco after the fall. Is this a larger scale purge than 3 or 4?

Saltydog
04-11-2022, 04:37 PM
With the HS players everybody says you have to have 4-5 years to recruit a kid, yada yada. Obviously it doesn't work like that with Juco's and guys from the portal so what's the excuse there? I thought Lemo was a great recruiter? Why are we getting .245 JC hitters like Seibert? Other than Yeager and Auger the rest of the JC newcomers and portal guys haven't exactly set the woods on fire. I'd give Walling and Corder F's. Seibert and Davis would get C's.

Todd4State
04-11-2022, 05:21 PM
With the HS players everybody says you have to have 4-5 years to recruit a kid, yada yada. Obviously it doesn't work like that with Juco's and guys from the portal so what's the excuse there? I thought Lemo was a great recruiter? Why are we getting .245 JC hitters like Seibert? Other than Yeager and Auger the rest of the JC newcomers and portal guys haven't exactly set the woods on fire. I'd give Walling and Corder F's. Seibert and Davis would get C's.

There isn't as deep a pool of talent in JUCO.

This has been proven with the MLB draft.

All of the top high school prospects go to college or pro. You're basically looking for late bloomers like Plumlee or Harding in JUCO

Rawdawg
04-11-2022, 08:51 PM
Any details or coded words that might spread a little light on this. We always sign 3 or 4 “marginal” players that end up in juco after the fall. Is this a larger scale purge than 3 or 4?

Lem isn?t taking anymore projects, he?s going for proven guys that can contribute immediately from the portal. I also expect a pretty big overhaul with this years roster and I don?t mean the guys that you expect to leaves

OLJWales
04-11-2022, 09:54 PM
Finally Voices of Reason that realize waiting on Football , Basketball & next year's Baseball Team is a better deal than hoping the present will improve.

Leeshouldveflanked
04-12-2022, 07:34 AM
Everyone thinking the Portal will be the rescuer of MSU baseball needs to remember why the majority of players are in the Portal in the first place.

Ezsoil
04-12-2022, 08:08 AM
Everyone thinking the Portal will be the rescuer of MSU baseball needs to remember why the majority of players are in the Portal in the first place.

I can agree with you on underclass portal entrants ...but I see MSU as a great destination for a grad transfer who had a nice career but wants to compete for a title.

AlSwearengen
04-12-2022, 11:39 AM

I think you have to look at players from lower levels that put up really good numbers and are looking to prove themselves in the SEC. Tenn has a pitcher and the 1B from Auburn jump out but there have been a few others.

HoopsDawg
04-12-2022, 12:18 PM

Yeager is one of our best players. DiChiara is Auburn's best player, he leads the nation in batting average at .452. Also has 11 bombs. Someone on here said he reached out to us but we passed.

Got to reach out the non-power 5 guys and see if they want to play at a higher level.

Coach34
04-12-2022, 12:19 PM
I think you have to look at players from lower levels that put up really good numbers and are looking to prove themselves in the SEC. Tenn has a pitcher and the 1B from Auburn jump out but there have been a few others.

This. Raid the mid-majors and lower levels. Perks of being a big boy school. We got Yeager. Auburn got them a big bat (that we turned down btw). Tennessee got a Saturday SP from Ga Southern. There's more of these guys out there

Rawdawg
04-12-2022, 03:30 PM
Look at what USM pulled from Delta State?