PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Pitching Coach Question

weblow
04-10-2022, 08:36 PM
Talking with a former player today and he asked me a question that I will pose to the board. I am struggling to answer it.

What pitchers from last years team took a jump this year? Who got significantly better working with Foxhall?

Maybe you will do better than me because I cannot come up with anyone who shows significant year over year improvement like you would expect from a top level pitching coach.

ZedFedder
04-10-2022, 08:47 PM
Talking with a former player today and he asked me a question that I will pose to the board. I am struggling to answer it.

What pitchers from last years team took a jump this year? Who got significantly better working with Foxhall?

Maybe you will do better than me because I cannot come up with anyone who shows significant year over year improvement like you would expect from a top level pitching coach.

If anything, I feel some have regressed.

Coach34
04-10-2022, 08:52 PM
Cade is solid
Smith looks solid

Nobody else is better and some look worse

Cowbell
04-10-2022, 08:56 PM
It's a good question to ask but you also have to look at last year. Our pitching greatly improved down the stretch

Todd4State
04-10-2022, 09:38 PM
Preston I think is better. Stone Simmons got a lot better. Hunt is probably better when healthy I think.

My biggest issue with Foxhall is how he uses our staff more than anything. I think he sometimes puts guys in bad spots when they can't handle it and it hurts their confidence and as a result also hurts their development.

Todd4State
04-10-2022, 09:43 PM
It's a good question to ask but you also have to look at last year. Our pitching greatly improved down the stretch

Even last year though- MacLeoud regressed. Cerentola never developed and it felt like Foxhall had no idea what to do with him. By Omaha we were essentially down to four reliable pitchers. Fortunately we had the hottest pitcher and the best closer in the tournament. And Harding and Preston were very good. Stinnett blew a tie game to Texas and we got blown out in game one to Vandy.