PDA

View Full Version : Dashawn Davis

jdelta02
04-10-2022, 01:29 PM
Being reported...Oregon State transfer point guard Dashawn Davis commits to Miss. State.

ZedFedder
04-10-2022, 01:31 PM
Saw that. I think it’s a big get because he’s a true point guard. He averaged over 5 APG. If somehow we get Molinar back, or add Xavier Pinson, would be nice. It’s also a good sign that this staff can recruit.

NCMSTFAN
04-10-2022, 06:59 PM
Thats a crowded backcourt. If Molinar returns that gives you Molinar, Shakeel Moore, Cam Carter, Rocket Watts and Dashawn Davis. They all somewhat play the same position. Obviously Molinar may stay in the draft and we may have a couple transfers.

NCMSTFAN
04-10-2022, 07:08 PM
Saw that. I think it’s a big get because he’s a true point guard. He averaged over 5 APG. If somehow we get Molinar back, or add Xavier Pinson, would be nice. It’s also a good sign that this staff can recruit.

I'm not sure if this shows if Jans can recruit or not yet. Oregon State went 3-28 last year.... yes you heard that right they won 3 games and lost 28. He shoots 18% from 3 and shoots 65% from the free throw line. Not really a homerun pick up but his 5.5 assist per game vs. 2.4 turnovers isn't bad

HoopsDawg
04-10-2022, 07:09 PM
Thats a crowded frontcourt. If Molinar returns that gives you Molinar, Shakeel Moore, Cam Carter, Rocket Watts and Dashawn Davis. They all somewhat play the same position. Obviously Molinar may stay in the draft and we may have a couple transfers.

I think you mean backcourt. Also, Rocket Watts is not returning. And Molinar is likely not returning either. I'm not sold on Carter. So you have Davis and Moore. Need another guard that can shoot.

NCMSTFAN
04-10-2022, 07:25 PM
I think you mean backcourt. Also, Rocket Watts is not returning. And Molinar is likely not returning either. I'm not sold on Carter. So you have Davis and Moore. Need another guard that can shoot.

Yes I did mean backcourt, I corrected it Thanks... Davis mentioned knowing Rocket Watts and Jeffries in his interview so I figured they would want to play together.

NCMSTFAN
04-10-2022, 07:28 PM
With a name like hoopsdawg you obviously follow basketball fairly heavy. How do you feel about Davis and also do you like the Jans pickup?

HoopsDawg
04-10-2022, 07:47 PM
With a name like hoopsdawg you obviously follow basketball fairly heavy. How do you feel about Davis and also do you like the Jans pickup?

I wish he could shoot. But apparently he shot well in previous seasons.

I'm skeptical of Jans, but willing to see how he recruits.

NCMSTFAN
04-10-2022, 08:27 PM
I wish he could shoot. But apparently he shot well in previous seasons.

I'm skeptical of Jans, but willing to see how he recruits.

I said the same.. I think his recruiting will dictate our success. Seems like he can coach x's and o's

HoopsDawg
04-10-2022, 08:43 PM
I said the same.. I think his recruiting will dictate our success. Seems like he can coach x's and o's

I wish his pace of play and possessions per game stats were higher.

OLJWales
04-11-2022, 04:20 PM
I wish his pace of play and possessions per game stats were higher.

Jans prefers half court? I hope I'm wrong about Dashawn but I've got concerns on the 3's and last year he played on an Oregon team that won 3 games while the prior year went to the Elite 8. Dunno, hope I'm over thinking.

Ari Gold
04-11-2022, 05:00 PM
I talked to a guy who is more knowledgeable than anyone on here about college basketball in general and Jans himself
He isn’t a state guy either,
Told me Jans is as good or better X and O coach than 80% of coaches in college basketball, that out of all the SEC hires we had the best hire, said he is better coach that Nate Oats.
Said if he hired the right staff and recruited like he thought he would we have a really really good on..

So I Can’t wait for all the excuses on why people won’t watch or attend games..

NCMSTFAN
04-11-2022, 05:05 PM
Jans prefers half court? I hope I'm wrong about Dashawn but I've got concerns on the 3's and last year he played on an Oregon team that won 3 games while the prior year went to the Elite 8. Dunno, hope I'm over thinking.

Your concerns are valid, he went 9-48 from three thats 18%... very bad. He also shot 65% from the free throw line. Your point guard needs to be able to hit his free throws because he has the ball in his hands alot. He seems like a decent pick up because he does assist the ball well and seems like he can run a team but his shooting numbers are very concerning

Ifyouonlyknew
04-11-2022, 05:39 PM
Your concerns are valid, he went 9-48 from three thats 18%... very bad. He also shot 65% from the free throw line. Your point guard needs to be able to hit his free throws because he has the ball in his hands alot. He seems like a decent pick up because he does assist the ball well and seems like he can run a team but his shooting numbers are very concerning

I still believe Davis had some type of injury last season. His 2 seasons of juco his shooting #’s were 84/215 from 3 (39.1%) & 206/281 FT (73.3%). Crazy thing is even shooting so bad from 3 last year he still shot over 50% from 2 114/221 (51.6%).

OLJWales
04-11-2022, 06:03 PM
Hopefully a change in scenery will improve the 3's because last year he played on one of the shittiest teams in the country which can prevent good look shots sometimes. Double Teaming him lots maybe? But this 65% from the Charity Stripe don't hunt less you a 6-11 Rebounding and Dunking Machine.

NCMSTFAN
04-11-2022, 07:19 PM
I still believe Davis had some type of injury last season. His 2 seasons of juco his shooting #’s were 84/215 from 3 (39.1%) & 206/281 FT (73.3%). Crazy thing is even shooting so bad from 3 last year he still shot over 50% from 2 114/221 (51.6%).

Possibly but JUCO basketball isn't Power 5 basketball. And he put up some pretty bad shooting numbers on a horrible team. 3-28? I've never heard of a record that bad by a power 5 team in recent history

Coach34
04-11-2022, 07:52 PM
Molinar is gone. He is getting drafted.

We need a PG- and this guy is solid. Now get us a shooter. Need a stretch 4 also to help Tolu out.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-11-2022, 08:06 PM
Possibly but JUCO basketball isn't Power 5 basketball. And he put up some pretty bad shooting numbers on a horrible team. 3-28? I've never heard of a record that bad by a power 5 team in recent history

Well I’m aware. Shooters shoot anywhere though. You don’t shoot that well & then all of a sudden forget how. He was the best player on a bad team. It happens.

msstate7
04-11-2022, 08:07 PM

We need a PG- and this guy is solid. Now get us a shooter. Need a stretch 4 also to help Tolu out.

Tolu returning?

Coach34
04-11-2022, 08:09 PM
Tolu returning?

Lots of people feel like he is. Glad to hear it. Would be huge for us. Sounds like he wants to get healthy and work

msstate7
04-11-2022, 08:11 PM
Lots of people feel like he is. Glad to hear it. Would be huge for us. Sounds like he wants to get healthy and work

Game changer

OLJWales
04-11-2022, 10:24 PM

Can we match NBA Draft $ with STATE NLI Heppin' $$$?

Hot Rock
04-12-2022, 07:02 AM
The one thing that struck me about Jans is that he is used to rebuilding a team from year to year. He was a JuCo coach and learned that trait well because you never get a guy more than 2 years at a time and you are always restructuring your team.

In this day of the portal and leaving for the NBA after any good season, that is a desirable trait.

You add that to his coaching and overall recruiting abilities, I like the thought of what Jans can be.

NCMSTFAN
04-12-2022, 09:28 AM
Just reported that Cam Carter is transferring. I expect to see a couple more guys leave as well. The portal is where Jans is going to have to build a good team