PDA

View Full Version : McShay has Moncrief as the #5 WR for this year's draft

Coach34
11-23-2013, 10:10 AM
Someone else gonna be feeding him next year

I'minHailState
11-23-2013, 10:15 AM
Coach, what round do you think that would put him in?

Jacksondevildog
11-23-2013, 10:16 AM
Some rich, white old man will pay him to keep him in Oxford next year.

LeakyD
11-23-2013, 10:16 AM
Ole Miss has a history of convincing high draft picks to stay even in baseball.

ShotgunDawg
11-23-2013, 10:18 AM
In the 2013 NFL draft, the 5th receiver went at pick #41: Robert Woods to Buffalo.

So, early second round seems likely if the talent levels are similar to last year.

HE GONE

Coach34
11-23-2013, 10:18 AM
Not a chance- he'll be 2nd round at worst. NFL is a passing league- and with some good workouts he could climb

I seen it dawg
11-23-2013, 10:22 AM
They will be fine. Paidwell is a better player.

BeastMan
11-23-2013, 10:22 AM
If he's smart, he'll go because I honestly think Treadwell is better and the more Treadwell develops the less targets Moncrief will get, which equals falling stock. Moncrief is a damn good player but Treadwell is a future top 5 pick talent imo

ShotgunDawg
11-23-2013, 10:25 AM
If he's smart, he'll go because I honestly think Treadwell is better and the more Treadwell develops the less targets Moncrief will get, which equals falling stock. Moncrief is a damn good player but Treadwell is a future top 5 pick talent imo

Completely agree Beast. Good chance Chris Jones and Treadwell go back to back in the 2016 draft.

However, covering just Treadwell is easier than covering both Treadwell and Moncrief

BeastMan
11-23-2013, 10:29 AM
Completely agree Beast. Good chance Chris Jones and Treadwell go back to back in the 2016 draft.

However, covering just Treadwell is easier than covering both Treadwell and Moncrief

They have some other good talent. I thought the Quicncy Abedajo (sp?) guy was a good WR pick up in last class. If they develop some guys around Treadwell, their passing game will be fine. If Moncrief were to return, they could cause some problems

hells bells
11-23-2013, 10:30 AM
Not a chance- he'll be 2nd round at worst. NFL is a passing league- and with some good workouts he could climb

If Moncrief goes pro he will take a pay cut and then have to pay taxes. Decisions, decisions.

Todd4State
11-23-2013, 10:32 AM
Ole Miss has a history of convincing high draft picks to stay even in baseball.

As far as baseball goes, that was more due to evaluating signability well than anything. Let's not forget that it was two years ago that they lost three first round picks to the draft, and I can't remember very many guys like Seth Smith or Head coming back for their senior year.

HancockCountyDog
11-23-2013, 10:51 AM
Someone else gonna be feeding him next year

I hope mcshay is right, CBS has him as like number 11 Wr, which is more accurate, he has dropped a ton of balls this year.

HancockCountyDog
11-23-2013, 10:53 AM

The bigger problem is that with the bears bringing in Pack, they are bringing in one elite playmaker in consecutive classes. That's a problem.

The only good news is that I hear Evan Engram's injury could be so serious that he will struggle to get back to where he was.

ShotgunDawg
11-23-2013, 10:59 AM
I hope mcshay is right, CBS has him as like number 11 Wr, which is more accurate, he has dropped a ton of balls this year.

In the 2013 NFL draft, the 11th WR went at pick 92/3rd round: WV WR Stedman Bailey.

In the 2012 NFL draft, the 11th WR went at pick 69/3rd round

So, IMO, If Moncrief is the 11th best WR, he should go in the 3rd round, which is still very enticing, but will be an interesting decision. If he gets into the 8-10 WRs, there is a good chance he goes in the 2nd round, which would be very tough to give up.

ShotgunDawg
11-23-2013, 11:01 AM
The bigger problem is that with the bears bringing in Pack, they are bringing in one elite playmaker in consecutive classes. That's a problem.

The only good news is that I hear Evan Engram's injury could be so serious that he will struggle to get back to where he was.

This is true, but it's very tough for me to believe any recruit they bring in will be as good as Moncrief until I see it.

Bear@Work
11-23-2013, 11:54 AM
While this is good news and all, I can't think of the last time I ever saw a thread on a OM board cheering that a State player may get drafted early.

I guess this brings back painful memories from my visit to Oxford last year. Hopefully this year is much different.