PDA

View Full Version : Fact

BuckyIsAB****
04-09-2022, 09:19 AM
Everyone will blame Fristoe but we lost the game in the 7th when we were too busy counting toe taps with runners on 2nd and 3rd with no outs.

Cowbell
04-09-2022, 09:21 AM
Everyone will blame Fristoe but we lost the game in the 7th when we were too busy counting toe taps with runners on 2nd and 3rd with no outs.

What's the story on the goggles

Maroonthirteen
04-09-2022, 09:35 AM
Yeah, after it got to, two outs....I was wondering if that was just as distracting for the hitter. However, in the moment it was nice to see 'The Dude" wake up and have some life. Prior to that, the place was as lively as a wake. The LSU dugout was the loudest bunch in the stadium.

Leroy Jenkins
04-09-2022, 09:41 AM

We were winning in the 9th, 2 outs, bases empty, and the last hitter was down to his last strike (1-2 count I believe). A walk, then a HBP, then throw one to the backstop.

Last damn strike. That ain't got shit to do with toe-taps.

Its on the staff for letting him blow-up. And I would love to know why Hunt couldn't finish the game.

Maroonthirteen
04-09-2022, 10:08 AM
I agree Leroy.......funny is though....the loudest that stadium got last night....outside the toe tap count....was in the 9th with two outs and two strikes. Everyone was on their feet.

ugh.....Polk was right.*******

BuckyIsAB****
04-09-2022, 10:18 AM
What's the story on the goggles

Im confused

SilentSteel16
04-09-2022, 10:38 AM
I?m not going to lie, the toe tap thing was funny. It shows how observant our fans are. I think it was a great look for our fan base and stadium.

Timely hitting and a choke job at the end is why we lost. It sucks but we had opportunities and blew them. The fans were not to blame last night, they were definitely behind Fristoe last night, I really think he just lost it when the call didn?t go his way. If there were a true leader behind the plate he would have commanded that situation much better. I am not bagging on LoTan but the catcher is usually one of the leaders and he just doesn?t seem to have that fire to make him truly elite. He certainly has the tools and skill, just wish he would ?take the bull by the horns? with some of these younger pitchers.

tcdog70
04-09-2022, 11:16 AM
We have no—clutch M’fer. Either in hitting or pitching. We have always had a GUY—now we don’t. That my friends will get your ass whipped in the SEC.

GolfDawg
04-09-2022, 11:41 AM
I?m not going to lie, the toe tap thing was funny. It shows how observant our fans are. I think it was a great look for our fan base and stadium.

Timely hitting and a choke job at the end is why we lost. It sucks but we had opportunities and blew them. The fans were not to blame last night, they were definitely behind Fristoe last night, I really think he just lost it when the call didn?t go his way. If there were a true leader behind the plate he would have commanded that situation much better. I am not bagging on LoTan but the catcher is usually one of the leaders and he just doesn?t seem to have that fire to make him truly elite. He certainly has the tools and skill, just wish he would ?take the bull by the horns? with some of these younger pitchers.

I agree with this. How many times have you seen Logan Tanner go settle down a young pitcher? Only time I?ve seen him go talk to his pitcher is when they?re crossed up.

I have seen him hang his head and pout repeatedly when a pitch isn?t executed properly. I don?t like that at all- it?s not what a good teammate does.

He also dances around a lot as the pitcher is getting ready to throw and I wonder if he gave some of our guys a better target it would help with our control issues.

R2Dawg
04-09-2022, 12:41 PM

The fans were counting toe taps not the players. Fans don't play the game. It was actually a great move by fans at the Dude to mess with their pitcher. I think they should have did the count off beat and really messed him up.

MaroonFlounder
04-09-2022, 03:02 PM
We have no—clutch M’fer. Either in hitting or pitching. We have always had a GUY—now we don’t. That my friends will get your ass whipped in the SEC.

T.A., Rowdey, Bednar.

No clutch on this team.

Those 3 big shoes to fill.

BuckyIsAB****
04-09-2022, 05:34 PM
T.A., Rowdey, Bednar.

No clutch on this team.

Those 3 big shoes to fill.

But we have plenty of candidates to fill it and they just have not. Period

CaptainObvious
04-09-2022, 11:38 PM
But we have plenty of candidates to fill it and they just have not. Period

Absolutely. The National Baseball writers thought this team was a Top 10 team with what we had returning and who we brought in this year. Why were they so badly wrong. It cannot be just Landon Sims. He wasn?t a starter last year so no one really knew how he would perform in that role. But even he started 0-2 because the batters couldn?t hit against weak pitching and off speed junk ballers.

Apparently with todays training technology we still haven?t figured out our to throw breaking ball batting practice.

ImissCityBagel
04-10-2022, 12:49 AM

Anytime we hold them under 5 runs, if we are the elite program that I want to believe are....then we should be mashing well above that.